Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO RECESSION WITH THIS BAR.....

Options
  • 26-04-2010 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

was in kilkenny for th e w end with my friends have to say was a great w end and a great city but one thing happened that left a small sour tatste with us.. we were in a bar on fri night havin great craic and all playin pool and everything was grand friendly bar staff and all.... came back on saturday to watch the man united spurs match we stayed on after the match for a few more drinks havin good craic with who was there and with the same bar staff that were working the night b4... we went upsatirs to play pol and was havin a laugh... friend of mine went to the bar ordered a round and was told to go downstairs to get a pint a cider as the bar man said he had none.. now the bar staff had changed and this fella was cranky with us from the start of his shift anyways my friend asked him could he not go down and get the pints as he was playin pool bar man didnt like my friend asking him to get the pints and asked him and us the leave the pub......

we left in the end after asking him why and all he said he didnt have to tell us why and asked us to go or he would make phone calls around kilkenny and we wouldnt get into another bars as kilkeny is a small town... now what we dont understand was how the bar man could be so ignorant and asked us to leave after spending alot of time and money there also could he not just have said will u give me 5 or 10 mins as we change the taps..

is this common pratice in pubs in kilkenny and just in case someone says were we boistouris and pissed and mesy we werent one bit.. would like to hear back from locals from kilkenny about this didnt name the bar as not sure if i am aloud but sure ye locals will know......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I definitely wouldn't say it's common practice in Kilkenny. Haven't heard of that kind of thing happening I have to say.

And if it's the pub I think it was, you were better off going somewhere else for sure. The place is an utter dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Pump house? Dump - Confirmed (In My opinion)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

The pool table is not upstairs in the Pumphouse though.

I was thinking of a place beginning with L and ending with S.

And there's no pool table in Langtons. As of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hmmm I'm out then.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

You shouldn't have to put up with that sort of shelanigans. You were probably better off going, there's loads more pubs to spend your money in without being treated like you were back at school. You must have done something to piss him off though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

the pub alright begins with L and ends with S and its not what u said..... i can honestly tell u that we didnt do anything wrong at all just that this fella started and after finding out today of one of the lads that he owns the place not 100% on that but did notice that he was wearing all black like the rest of the bar staff......

I meant it's not Langtons. The other one that begins with L and ends with S.

The loveliest pub in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Threadhead wrote: »
    I meant it's not Langtons. The other one that begins with L and ends with S.

The loveliest pub in town.
    Lanigans? :p No need to be prudish. They ain't gonna read this. If they do, all the better :P

I was thinking of a place beginning with L and ending with S..

Is that the place with 'Enterteinment tonite with The Kilkenneys'?

image-1FAA_4BD61B41.jpg

• Advertisement

Healium wrote: »
    Lanigans? :p No need to be prudish. They ain't gonna read this. If they do, all the better :P

I think your meaning of the word prudish is completely different from mine.

If you're ever old enough to get in there I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time. It's where it's at for the cool kids in Kilkenny these days. ;););):cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I think your meaning of the word prudish is completely different from mine.

If you're ever old enough to get in there I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time. It's where it's at for the cool kids in Kilkenny these days. ;););):cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Ok, prudish was the wrong choice of words altogether :p

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

I went in there once, never again. It was Paddy's day just gone. At closing time a fight broke out, with glasses and bar stools being thrown across the bar. One unfortunate girl happened to be standing in the way of one of the flying glasses and got hit on the top of the head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Couple of things happened to this bar
    a) Liam Phelan left
    b) Morriseys closed and a few of it's rowdier clients started going to Lannigans.

Haven't been there in a long time.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Couple of things happened to this bar
    a) Liam Phelan left
    b) Morriseys closed and a few of it's rowdier clients started going to Lannigans.

Haven't been there in a long time.

Poor old Liam has had it tough...

Liam Phelan is a top man and a gent to boot. Any pub that has him at the reins does well. I hope there's an upturn in his fortunes soon.

Unfortunately when it comes to Lanigans these days... christ. In my honest opinion, it's the worse pub in town. There's nowhere I'd hate to drink in more. Including the World's End.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭rayc

Yeah it's a complete ****eh*le, even walking past it on a Saturday night tells you enough about it.....

I severely dislike both the premesis and (especially) its patrons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Poor old Liam has had it tough...

True...hope he gets over his troubles, although it'll be tough. I always drop into Tynans for a pint when I'm down, he's a top man.

Advertisement