Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Black Box

Options
  • 26-04-2010 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭

Were going to a gig in The Black Box soon. I heard on an earlier thread on the forum that The Western would be a fairly close hotel to stay in, is that right?

Also in case it turns out to be rainin or somethin do you know if there is a taxi rank from the Black Box after gigs there?

Cheers! :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yeah the Western Hotel is pretty close to it alright. You're right by the city centre in the Black Box so you'd barely need a taxi even if it was raining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Elevator

the western would be your closest hotel alright, as far as taxis are concerned I am sure if you contact the number below and fill them in on the event they'll make sure their drivers will be down 091 565 900

if you need any posters or flyers distributed pm and I'll look after you

best of luck with the event

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Elevator wrote: »

if you need any posters or flyers distributed pm and I'll look after you

best of luck with the event

Cheers mate, but we are just going to the gig, we are not actually playing. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭poolfan

The Menlo park hotel or the Marriott would also be pretty close. 5-10 mins walking max

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭swe_fi

Were going to a gig in The Black Box soon. I heard on an earlier thread on the forum that The Western would be a fairly close hotel to stay in, is that right?

Also in case it turns out to be rainin or somethin do you know if there is a taxi rank from the Black Box after gigs there?

Cheers! :pac:

An idea...If you value comfort...If you can get a good deal (seems you can) I would recommend staying in the Harbour Hotel. It is a bit further away but still only like 2 minutes extra in a taxi (8 bucks maybe total) or 5-6 mins walking and they have really nice rooms. Can't speak for the Western but does not look as good subjectively.

As a comparison, Radisson is better than Harbour, but not by much. You are just as close to town there if not closer + you are on the harbour, water = nice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement