Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wedding suit ideas

• 26-04-2010 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm attending a full wedding in london this year, a few months actually,i've just seen a lovely calvin klein 2 button single breasted,a light grey type suit i hope to buy.I was hoping to match this suit up with a slim fit cutaway collar type shirt although the suit itself isnt a slim fit type,and a black skinny type satin or material type tie. Any ideas or hints or tips from all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Hya wadk.
    Suit sounds nice. The fact that it's a regular fit will have no effect on wearing a slimfit shirt. You'll get a good slimfit with a cutaway collar in T.M.Lewins in South Anne Street, Dublin (and numerous other outlets) though if it were me I'd wait till I got to London and buy some shirts there.

My issue here is with wearing a skinny tie with a cutaway collar. I know there are loads of examples of people doing it, all very glam and glitzy but it still smacks of Wrongness. You will be wearing a good suit & a good shirt and I can only assume new shoes. Why let the ensemble down with a skinny tie that doesn't fit the shirt? Bring your suit to the shirt shop, pick your shirt and ask the assistants to help you match a good tie. It will set you back about €50.00 but it will be worth the effort.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

hey old goat,thanks 4 the help,didnt buy that suit after all,found a much lighter shade of grey,and the suit is a slim fit and fits and feels so good,its so good the tailor was thinking of my stats on the day of cutting. i've found a knitted straight square ended tie in thomas pink and its black in colour,i'm made up with the choices i've made so roll on the crashing. lol. thanks for your hints and tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I'd question wearing a black tie to a wedding. Most people would wear one to a funeral before a wedding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭wadk

jdivision wrote: »
    I'd question wearing a black tie to a wedding. Most people would wear one to a funeral before a wedding

thanks for the comment but there is such a thing as a black-tie 4 a wedding to ,also the suit is grey not black so its not all morbit.

Advertisement