Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Outer Orbital - Announcement coming?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 5:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone noticed but Sponge Bob said in C&T that an announcement is to be made on this in a couple of weeks and that it could involve widening of other motorways. If it is anything like that it would be one gigantic scheme.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416009&page=4
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

One thing that I do wonder about future widening schemes on the likes of the M1, M4 and M7 is would they end up like the M50 with a 100kmh limit because of sightlines and possibly even lanes which are slightly narrower than usual?

I would like to see the Dublin Outer Oribital at some eventual stage but there are many other routes which I would rather see done first.
    M17/M18
    M20
    Galway City Outer Bypass
    ....etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Absolutely crazy if this is even talked up before any action (or even more talk) on M20, M18, Galway Bypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Definiately. But let them plan away for the time being; gets it ready to go at least. But yeah, no way it should be built before a whole pile of other stuff is done.

Advertisement