If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Freesat 42" -Plasma - TXP42G20B

Options
  • 26-04-2010 5:57pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Guys,

the Panasonic TXP42G20B is dropping by £100! to £899.95 / €999.99

We don't normally deliver Panasonic Large Screen Plasma - however we will make an exception for this one as we have had so many people asking about it - however please note that whilst it does have MPEG4 - and whilst the MPEG4 does work at the moment in the ROI - Panasonic will not guarantee that it will contimue to work on an ongoing basis) However it does also have the most excellent Freesat HD - which means you will be able to watch the world cup in glorious HD - (and keep cursing that damn Frenchman..:mad:)

As a nice little extra we will also throw in a free 5 year warranty!

We can currently only offer in-store collection or delivery to Belfast / Antrim / Co. Down / Co. Louth / Co. Dublin / Co. Meath / Co. Wicklow as delivery has to be done by our own staff because we just cannot trust large screen plasma with a Courier!

So again Panasonic TX-P42G20 including a 5 year warranty - £899.95 / €999.99.

Keep us posted guys if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Reviews are very positive for this but is the analog tuner VHF/UHF or UHF only? At present RTE only available in this area on VHF. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Hi guys,

Very interested in this tv - am going for a wander about town to look at tvs and have it down to an LED (prob Samsung) or plasma but I am being swayed towards plasma, especially this model.

I love the USB PVR capabilities and LAN <--- does this mean I can stream movies from my server directly to the TV?
    Also the Freesat reciver and MPEG4 tuner are coll additions.

I will be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

wat is the charge on delivery to dublin?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dec4 wrote: »
    Reviews are very positive for this but is the analog tuner VHF/UHF or UHF only? At present RTE only available in this area on VHF. Thanks

Dec,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you..

Yep this is a UK model and the analogue tuner is UHF only.

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

gambiaman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Very interested in this tv - am going for a wander about town to look at tvs and have it down to an LED (prob Samsung) or plasma but I am being swayed towards plasma, especially this model.

I love the USB PVR capabilities and LAN <--- does this mean I can stream movies from my server directly to the TV?
    Also the Freesat reciver and MPEG4 tuner are coll additions.

I will be back!

Gambia,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

If you are interested in LED with excellent DNLA / PC / LAn capability you should have a look at the new Philips '05 series - they are really serious!

The really clever stuff now starts on the new '05 7 series - Ashley from The Philips Shop has posted some initial specs here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055893554

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

tazzzZ wrote: »
    wat is the charge on delivery to dublin?

£29.95 and they are available from stock at the moment,

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Can someone from richersounds please contact me, tried to contact Dave to make order yesterday but no reply as yet

dario28 wrote: »
    Can someone from richersounds please contact me, tried to contact Dave to make order yesterday but no reply as yet

Dario,

Kenny is going to give you a shout in the next few mins,

ATB,

John Mc

So again Panasonic TX-P42G20 including a 5 year warranty - £899.95 / €999.99.
    are u guarenteeing that price in euros? or is that just an estimate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

A quick question John. Will these TVs (Pannys) sit on the cabinet stands that came with the old PX60s?

• Advertisement

are u guarenteeing that price in euros? or is that just an estimate?

TazzzzZ,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the way the yoyo is moving at the moment it will more likely have to be £899.95 / €1029.99 - hopefully it will settle down a little over the next few days - we are happy to subsidise this TV a littel in youyo - give me a shout closer to the day you want to grab it (as discussed) and I'll give you a firm yoyo price - I'll also do a reply on the 7 series V's the G20 later today,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

A quick question John. Will these TVs (Pannys) sit on the cabinet stands that came with the old PX60s?

Mount,

is that the slimline floorstanding stand that the PX60 sits flush with??

(if so I don't think so..)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc

Yeah - the one with the shelves for my (your) AV stuff, John.

A real shame - paid a lot for the stand - it's a shame to get rid of it. What were Panasonic thinking? - Err, no need to answer.. :)

A real shame - paid a lot for the stand - it's a shame to get rid of it. What were Panasonic thinking? - Err, no need to answer.. :)

'eh hello - this is Panasonic we are talking about...

...I'll get it checked out 110% tomorrow for you but as above I would be doubtful....

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

Hi John, would you have price and availability on the TX-P50G20B and could it be delivered to Co Meath?

Thanks

Twodogs wrote: »
    Hi John, would you have price and availability on the TX-P50G20B and could it be delivered to Co Meath?

Thanks

Richersounds peoples.....

I know you said you dont deliver bigger than 42 to Dublin/Meath but if a few of us order together would that work ?

I'd be willing to order this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 crazypole

Whats the current euro price for 42'' G20B ? Is delivery to Dublin same price as the rest of ireland. How can I pay (credit card, bank transfer)?

Btw, I'm currently hesitating between getting this beauty and something really good for gaming. For some reason older models were better in terms of input lag (G10: 10-30ms, G20: 30-45ms according to different sources on the net). Do you still have G10s ?

Thanks

Twodogs / Dario,

Many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - the TXP50G20 including delivery to Dublin is £1199.95 - as ever please note this is a UK model and it does not have a VHF tuner and whilst it does have an MPEG4 tuner which works at the moment - Panasonic will not confirm that it will continue to work into the future in the South of Ireland - of course the FreesatHD will work no problem!

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way - we have stock arriving this week on the 50G20.

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

crazypole wrote: »
    Whats the current euro price for 42'' G20B ? Is delivery to Dublin same price as the rest of ireland. How can I pay (credit card, bank transfer)?

Btw, I'm currently hesitating between getting this beauty and something really good for gaming. For some reason older models were better in terms of input lag (G10: 10-30ms, G20: 30-45ms according to different sources on the net). Do you still have G10s ?

Crazy,

the G10 range is now completely finished in 42" (the only '10' model we have remaining is the TXL32S10 at £399.95)

Unfortunately due to the movement in the Euro we have had to increase the Euro price of the TXP42G20 to €1029.99 - however of course the sterling price remains the same at £899.95.

These are available from stock at the moment - if you would like to reserve on - just drop us a line and we will do our best to look after you.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Twodogs / Dario,

Many thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - the TXP50G20 including delivery to Dublin is £1199.95 - as ever please note this is a UK model and it does not have a VHF tuner and whilst it does have an MPEG4 tuner which works at the moment - Panasonic will not confirm that it will continue to work into the future in the South of Ireland - of course the FreesatHD will work no problem!

Keep us posted if we can assist in any way - we have stock arriving this week on the 50G20.

Thanks as ever,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi guys ,

Does tha include the 5yr warranty and can I use a vat cert for the purchase , if so what would it work out at in euros ?

Thanks
    Darren

• Advertisement

dario28 wrote: »
    Hi guys ,

Does tha include the 5yr warranty and can I use a vat cert for the purchase , if so what would it work out at in euros ?

Thanks
    Darren

Darren,

a 5 year warranty on the 50G20 is £119.95 / €139.99

On the Vat free issue - yes we are happy to supply that TV VAT Free - however as per our normal T & C's we will require proof of VAT registration and sight of a revenue cert connected to the delivery address prior to shipping.

The Vat free price would be £1021.23 / €1199.99 - and if you wanted to add the 5 year panel protection the total price would be £1141.18 / €1339.98.

Keep me posted if this interests you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

Thanks John, is that the boardsie price???:)

is it possible to pay for this using laser card?

Thanks John, is that the boardsie price???:)

Yep, unless you can see it cheaper in Ireland with the same T's & C's - if you can I'll happily price beat it with a smile!

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

is it possible to pay for this using laser card?

Taz,

Thanks for the call earlier - yep we can do a work around for you as discussed ;)

ATB,

John Mc & crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Gambia,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

If you are interested in LED with excellent DNLA / PC / LAn capability you should have a look at the new Philips '05 series - they are really serious!

The really clever stuff now starts on the new '05 7 series - Ashley from The Philips Shop has posted some initial specs here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055893554

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John for the reply, been away past few weeks.

I am still interested in the TXP42G20B

Reviews have been excellent, the standout features besides picture quality is LAN , Freesat, MPEG4 (I know the caveats on that) and USB PVR recording

What is the current price inc delivery to North Dublin and does it still include 5yr warranty? Also, what's teh story with taking LAser as payment?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Just sent you a pm Mountjoy Mugger! Maybe i could subsidise the cost of a new stand!?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 templar01

Hi John,

I sent you an email last week on the G20 .Could you get back to me please when you get a chance . No worries .

Just sent you a pm Mountjoy Mugger! Maybe i could subsidise the cost of a new stand!?

Just got it - was offline for the best part of a week.

I haven't committed to anything yet. :)

I was looking at the new Pannys up close and personal, but I need to bring a measuring tape to see if it will line up with my current stand.

Throwing away €600 isn't my idea of a good night out.

• Advertisement

gambiaman wrote: »
    Thanks John for the reply, been away past few weeks.

I am still interested in the TXP42G20B

Reviews have been excellent, the standout features besides picture quality is LAN , Freesat, MPEG4 (I know the caveats on that) and USB PVR recording

What is the current price inc delivery to North Dublin and does it still include 5yr warranty? Also, what's teh story with taking LAser as payment?

Thanks again

Gambia,

Really sorry for the delay getting back to you - we have had an awful week :eek:

The TX42G20 is £899.95 / €1029.99 and that would include delivery to N.C.D.

If you want delivery to N.C.D we cannot do Laser payment unless you can visit the Philips Shop in Dublin to pay prior to delivery (we cannot take Laser for mail / internet orders from Belfast - but we do take it in-store in Belfast - it's a technical machine/software issue apparently).

Again apologies for the delay getting back to you and keep me posted if we can assist in any way.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.