If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Freesat 42" -Plasma - TXP42G20B

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Twodogs

Hi John,

Bump, sent u a PM last week

Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Twodogs wrote: »
    Hi John,

Cheers

Replied ;)

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Gambia,

Really sorry for the delay getting back to you - we have had an awful week :eek:

The TX42G20 is £899.95 / €1029.99 and that would include delivery to N.C.D.

If you want delivery to N.C.D we cannot do Laser payment unless you can visit the Philips Shop in Dublin to pay prior to delivery (we cannot take Laser for mail / internet orders from Belfast - but we do take it in-store in Belfast - it's a technical machine/software issue apparently).

Again apologies for the delay getting back to you and keep me posted if we can assist in any way.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,
    Thanks for reply - I finally went for a 40" Philips.
    Chers for the help though.

gambiaman wrote: »
    Hi John,
    Thanks for reply - I finally went for a 40" Philips.
    Chers for the help though.

No problem Gambia - nice choice - one of the new LED's?

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

I sent you another PM the other day :)

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

No problem Gambia - nice choice - one of the new LED's?

Thanks again,

ATB,

John Mc

Yep, the 40" 5605, well pleased

I will be putting abit of business your way (Philips Shop), gonna go for the Sagem HD PVR satbox when they have them in or will probably be up in Belfast next Monday and if so, will grab one from your shop.

gambiaman wrote: »
    Yep, the 40" 5605, well pleased

I will be putting abit of business your way (Philips Shop), gonna go for the Sagem HD PVR satbox when they have them in or will probably be up in Belfast next Monday and if so, will grab one from your shop.

Gambia,

the Sagems are both now available from stock in The Philips Shop - if you like we will reserve one for you for collection!

Thanks and I hope you enjoy your 5605 - nice TV!

ATB,

John Mc & The Philips Crew

Hi john

bump on the pm :-)

John, sent u a couple of PMs last week and have heard nothing back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

'eh hello - this is Panasonic we are talking about...

...I'll get it checked out 110% tomorrow for you but as above I would be doubtful....

ATB,

John Mc

John - did you ever have a chance to confirm this?

3315-1.jpg

This is the stand I'm referring to, btw.

Might be in the market fairly soon - older one is giving endless issues.

• Advertisement

Twodogs wrote: »
    Hi John,

Cheers

Two,

for some reason I dont have those PM's could you resend and I'll revert,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John, just resent u the PM. Can you check to see if you received it?

Thanks

PM'd:)

Hi John, another PM sent.....nearly there:)

Hi John, did you receive my PM yesterday?

Bump,

Kevin i sent you a PM last night

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey TwoDogs.

John is Away this weekend do you want to forward me the PM's? :confused:

Sent Kenny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adr

I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic TX-P42G20B. Looking at specs and reading some reviews it seems to be a good choice. Where in Dublin could I get it? Does it come with 5 year warranty here? What's the current price?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

adr wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting a Panasonic TX-P42G20B. Looking at specs and reading some reviews it seems to be a good choice. Where in Dublin could I get it? Does it come with 5 year warranty here? What's the current price?

adr,

Just a quick heads up - this is the Richersounds Forum, a place for people looking for quotes etc from Richersounds which is based in Belfast (but happily deliver most things anywhere in Ireland) and the Philips Shop, which is located at the junction of Georges Street and Dame Street in Dublin.

Your post above could be interpretted as looking for advice about where you might get the TV in Dublin as a general query - feel free to clarify, if you want this post moved to a thread in the Home Entertainment Forum I'm happy to oblige, if you are asking Richersounds for a quote then its in the right place.

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement

Thanks The Ritz...

ADR,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are based in Belfast but do stock the TXP42G20 and including the 5 year warranty and delivery we can do it at just £869.95.

Keep me posted if you are interested or if we can assist in any way,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭championc

Hi John,

What deal can you do on the TX-L37G20B ? I'm not on cable so don't need VHF. Essentially I am looking for a set with Freeview HD and Freesat HD and with the Panny's, Internet Access is an interesting option to have for the future.

Are anyone else doing Freeview HD and Freesat HD in the one set yet ?

C

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adr

The Ritz wrote: »
    adr,
    if you want this post moved to a thread in the Home Entertainment Forum I'm happy to oblige, if you are asking Richersounds for a quote then its in the right place.

Cheers,

Ritz.
    @The Ritz I think we can leave it here. Cheers
    Thanks The Ritz...

ADR,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - we are based in Belfast but do stock the TXP42G20 and including the 5 year warranty and delivery we can do it at just £869.95.

ATB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for your reply John. Just one more question. If there is any problem with the tv (during warranty period) can I drop it back to any Panasonic dealer in Dublin or do I need to bring it back to your Belfast store?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

Thanks The Ritz...

ADR,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John, just ordered the 42S20 (not sure if it's the B or L, maybe you could confirm), anyway the 5 year warranty requires a form to be stamped by you guys and sent to Panasonic and received by them before the end of August (according to their website), will you send that with the receipt when delivering?
    @The Ritz I think we can leave it here. Cheers

Thanks for your reply John. Just one more question. If there is any problem with the tv (during warranty period) can I drop it back to any Panasonic dealer in Dublin or do I need to bring it back to your Belfast store?

I'm interested in this too, I'm thinking if it is the B model then Panasonic Ireland may say it's a UK model so may have to be returned to Belfast store (which would be a pain), main concern would be that Panasonic may not send an engineer out if needed (which hopefully won't be needed). If it's an L model then should be nothing to worry about:D

Also want to say that my dealings with the lads in store (over the telephone) has been nothing short of fantastic, Dave, Patrick, Ran (Rab??) and Kieran have been exceptionally helpful, answered all my questions and checked out all options available to me (including pricing etc of an LG 50PK590) which I ultimately decided against in favour of the Panasonic. For those who haven't ordered anything from Richersounds before, do it, great bunch to deal with (just a shame they are no longer in Dublin, spent many a day in the stores on the quay and where the Philips shop now is).

championc wrote: »
    Hi John,

What deal can you do on the TX-L37G20B ? I'm not on cable so don't need VHF. Essentially I am looking for a set with Freeview HD and Freesat HD and with the Panny's, Internet Access is an interesting option to have for the future.

Are anyone else doing Freeview HD and Freesat HD in the one set yet ?

C

Champion,

thanks for the Post & apologies for the delay getting back to you - we only stock the TXL37G20 to special order at £699.95 however I have to say that I think that either the LG 42LF7700 at £549.95 or the excellent Panasonic TXP42G20 at £799.95 are far better sets and better value - both of these units are Freesat HD and the LG is MPEG4/UHF/VHF - so it almost has a tuner for every day of the week!

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

RDMH wrote: »
    Hey John, just ordered the 42S20 (not sure if it's the B or L, maybe you could confirm), anyway the 5 year warranty requires a form to be stamped by you guys and sent to Panasonic and received by them before the end of August (according to their website), will you send that with the receipt when delivering?

I'm interested in this too, I'm thinking if it is the B model then Panasonic Ireland may say it's a UK model so may have to be returned to Belfast store (which would be a pain), main concern would be that Panasonic may not send an engineer out if needed (which hopefully won't be needed). If it's an L model then should be nothing to worry about:D

Also want to say that my dealings with the lads in store (over the telephone) has been nothing short of fantastic, Dave, Patrick, Ran (Rab??) and Kieran have been exceptionally helpful, answered all my questions and checked out all options available to me (including pricing etc of an LG 50PK590) which I ultimately decided against in favour of the Panasonic. For those who haven't ordered anything from Richersounds before, do it, great bunch to deal with (just a shame they are no longer in Dublin, spent many a day in the stores on the quay and where the Philips shop now is).

RDMH,

many thanks for your order and especially the kind words - much appreciated :D:p:)

OK on the Pana L/B debacle - ALL our Panasonic TV's are UK models - this means that they are guaranteed by Panasonic only to work fully within the UK as thay make special variants for Ireland (which generally surprise, surprise are more expensive) - in practice this means that they don't have a VHF tuner built in so if you were to have to put an external aerial on your roof that you may not receive some channels if you are in the ROI. Panasonic also will not confirm that the MPEG4 will work in the ROI however in practice it does work perfectly.

On the warranty issue - yep we give you the completed warranty form for you to send to Panasonic included with your receipt - if for any reason you don't receive it give Kenny or the guys a swift kick (actualy don't kick Kenny for a few days yet as he has a burst appendix and he may not take it as well as he normally does..)

On the warranty collection / delivery issue - we can arrange collection in Dublin no problem or you can of course leave it into The Philips shop if that's handier for you (or if you just want to wind the Philips guys up a little bit - but if you do bring a faulty unit in there that's not a Philips they wil probably just get that superior look on their faces & say ' Told you so...' (they are a bit smug about Philips excellent TV reliability & reputation at the moment).

Thanks again for the order & the compliments & keep us posted if we can assist in any way at all,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭championc

I have to say that I think that either the LG 42LF7700 at £549.95 or the excellent Panasonic TXP42G20 at £799.95 are far better sets and better value - both of these units are Freesat HD and the LG is MPEG4/UHF/VHF - so it almost has a tuner for every day of the week!

Apologies again for the delay and keep me posted if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John,

I'm pushing my luck with a 37" never mind trying a 42". Is there any rumblings on when LG sets will incorporate Freeview HD. In the North, it'll only be a little over 2 years away. I know I can get an STB but want to keep as many options open as possible.

C

championc wrote: »
    Thanks John,

I'm pushing my luck with a 37" never mind trying a 42". Is there any rumblings on when LG sets will incorporate Freeview HD. In the North, it'll only be a little over 2 years away. I know I can get an STB but want to keep as many options open as possible.

C

Champ,

LG did have the 37LF7700 which incorporated Freesat HD - however this is now a finished line and there is no sign of a replacement on the horizon.. (I have checked!) So at the moment they only have a 32 or 42" Freesat model available.

Go on get that extension - you deserve a 42" ;)

ATB,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

RDMH,

many thanks for your order and especially the kind words - much appreciated :D:p:)

OK on the Pana L/B debacle - ALL our Panasonic TV's are UK models - this means that they are guaranteed by Panasonic only to work fully within the UK as thay make special variants for Ireland (which generally surprise, surprise are more expensive) - in practice this means that they don't have a VHF tuner built in so if you were to have to put an external aerial on your roof that you may not receive some channels if you are in the ROI. Panasonic also will not confirm that the MPEG4 will work in the ROI however in practice it does work perfectly.

On the warranty issue - yep we give you the completed warranty form for you to send to Panasonic included with your receipt - if for any reason you don't receive it give Kenny or the guys a swift kick (actualy don't kick Kenny for a few days yet as he has a burst appendix and he may not take it as well as he normally does..)

On the warranty collection / delivery issue - we can arrange collection in Dublin no problem or you can of course leave it into The Philips shop if that's handier for you (or if you just want to wind the Philips guys up a little bit - but if you do bring a faulty unit in there that's not a Philips they wil probably just get that superior look on their faces & say ' Told you so...' (they are a bit smug about Philips excellent TV reliability & reputation at the moment).

Thanks again for the order & the compliments & keep us posted if we can assist in any way at all,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Thanks, that answers all my questions:D

I do however have one more (just when you thought it was safe), I see you have recommended the LG 42LF7700, in your opinion which is the better TV, this or the Panasonic 42S20? I originally was going for the 47LF7700 but that has been discontinued and have read some posts re diminishing blacks on the Panasonic 2009/2010 range (basically the NeoPDP sets). I'm upgrading from an Hitachi 42PD7500 and expect either to be a vast improvement, I have sky HD and Freesat HD (although integration of Freesat would be handy) so really am looking for some expert opinion.

• Advertisement

RDMH wrote: »
    John,

Thanks, that answers all my questions:D

I do however have one more (just when you thought it was safe), I see you have recommended the LG 42LF7700, in your opinion which is the better TV, this or the Panasonic 42S20? I originally was going for the 47LF7700 but that has been discontinued and have read some posts re diminishing blacks on the Panasonic 2009/2010 range (basically the NeoPDP sets). I'm upgrading from an Hitachi 42PD7500 and expect either to be a vast improvement, I have sky HD and Freesat HD (although integration of Freesat would be handy) so really am looking for some expert opinion.

I would not write off your old Hitachi so quickly - I still have a 42PD7 series and it still produces amazing pictures.

The Panasonic is an excellent TV but my preference would still be for the LG - at £549.95 it really is an excellent package and I would rate it very highly and whilst we have sold loads of them we have yet to get negative comment about them. On the blacks issue - yes I have heard the same via AV Forums but then again AV Forums really is the place where every issue is magnified way out of proportion and personally we have not seen any instances of this & we have sold a significant quantity of G10/G20's in 09/10 to date.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.