If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Freesat 42" -Plasma - TXP42G20B

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭championc

Hi John,

What is the width and height of the TX-P42G20B, including the frame around the outside. I might just mock up the size with some cardboard so see just how small I can persuade my better half it is

EDIT: It's OK, I found them online and it confirmed things, there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to get a 42". It's about a foot wider and taller than my current set.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭RDMH

I would not write off your old Hitachi so quickly - I still have a 42PD7 series and it still produces amazing pictures.

The Panasonic is an excellent TV but my preference would still be for the LG - at £549.95 it really is an excellent package and I would rate it very highly and whilst we have sold loads of them we have yet to get negative comment about them. On the blacks issue - yes I have heard the same via AV Forums but then again AV Forums really is the place where every issue is magnified way out of proportion and personally we have not seen any instances of this & we have sold a significant quantity of G10/G20's in 09/10 to date.

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John.

I'll look into this later tonight and may end up flipping over to the LG, (if that's not a problem for you guys I do decide to do that). If I am do I call the store?

Agree re the Hitachi, that's being moved to another room ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I am interested in a TXP42G20B. How much is it now from richersounds and how do I go about ordering one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi CodeMonkey

Your best bet is to phone Richer Sounds on 0044 333 900 0070 at the moment for the latest price and availability on this TV.

The 2 guys that look after Boards up there are out of action at the moment.

Any of the lads in RS will be able to assist you over the phone no worries.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Hi All,
    I'm looking to upgrade my 37" Philips LCD to a new model and looking to spend 800-900 euro. I am torn at the moment between LCD and Plasma and am looking to get a 40"/42" although my 37" is a good enough size. I obviously want full 1080HD and interested as well in a model with MPEG4 and internet capabilities (Preferably Wireless). Its a bit of a minefield out there on all of the different websites so I was wondering if anyone here has any good advice and suggestions on brands/models etc.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Forestman

Check out our 37PFL7605H here
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl7605h_05/37pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a 37" LED EDGE LIT LCD TV
    500000:1 contrast ratio
    1080p Full HD
    100Hz Refresh rate
    2ms response time
    Wired NET TV (But with the PTA01 dongle this will turn it into a wireless Net TV)
    MPEG4 tuner
    Plenty of connectivity
    And thanks to a very comprehensive picture adjustment menu they can be tweaked to get the best from each source.

This is also available in 40" screen sizes

The 37" retails for €999.99
    The 40" retails at €1299.99
    I can pm you prices on each of these if you like the sound of them.

They have been pretty popular TV's of late and are naturally on display in The Philips Shop

hope this tempts:D

cheers
    Ash

Hi Forestman

Check out our 37PFL7605H here
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl7605h_05/37pfl7605h_05_pss_eng.pdf

Its a 37" LED EDGE LIT LCD TV
    500000:1 contrast ratio
    1080p Full HD
    100Hz Refresh rate
    2ms response time
    Wired NET TV (But with the PTA01 dongle this will turn it into a wireless Net TV)
    MPEG4 tuner
    Plenty of connectivity
    And thanks to a very comprehensive picture adjustment menu they can be tweaked to get the best from each source.

This is also available in 40" screen sizes

The 37" retails for €999.99
    The 40" retails at €1299.99
    I can pm you prices on each of these if you like the sound of them.

They have been pretty popular TV's of late and are naturally on display in The Philips Shop

hope this tempts:D

cheers
    Ash

Thanks a million ash. Please PM the prices.

Hey Forestman

pm sent

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

CodeMonkey wrote: »
    I am interested in a TXP42G20B. How much is it now from richersounds and how do I go about ordering one?

Code,

apologies for the delay getting back to you and well done Ash for hijacking the thread for the 7605 :D (you greedy boy you...)

We are doing the 42G20 to order at £849.95 including a 5 year warranty however stock is tight at the moment so if you would like one please just drop us a line with your contact details and I'll get one of the guys to get you sorted asap,

Thanks and again apologies for the delay getting back to you,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hey Forestman

pm sent

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Balfas

Hi

Interested in this TV. What is the current price and will you deliver to mullingar, co westmeath. Pm me if thats easier

Thanks
    Balfas

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Balfas.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I have sent a PM your way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Welcome back Kenny !:D

S.

Thanks Rits.

Its good to be back. :)

My PlayStation is missing me now tho!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BryanS

Hi,

I'm very interested in the P42G20 or the S20.
    Can you PM me with a quote for each (including delivery to Co Clare if possible). If delivery is not possible, I could probably collect.

Thanks a million

Bryan

Hey BryanS.

At the moment we have the 42G20 on offer priced at £849.95 with a Free 5 Year warranty.

The 42S20 was priced at £599.95 but stock has dried up. This screen is also a non shipper and was an in store only collection.
    "We can currently only offer in-store collection or delivery to Belfast / Antrim / Co. Down / Co. Louth / Co. Dublin / Co. Meath / Co. Wicklow as delivery has to be done by our own staff because we just cannot trust large screen plasma with a Courier!"

Delivery to the areas above would be £40 :)

What's the best price that you can do the TX-L37G20B for ? The P42 is too big for me and so is a non-runner.

C

Hi Championc.

Shame about that! :)

Currently the TXL37G20 is available at £749.95 (Waiting On Stock Arriving) (Limited Stock)
    http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+Televisions/LCD+TV/TX-L32G20B/Overview/4719956/index.html

I will need to check on shipping this screen and revert back regarding that.

PM Sent Kenny

Hi Championc.

The 37G20 would be a non shipper and would need collected from the Belfast store if you wanted to purchase one! :(

Stock as mentioned before is super tight on this one!

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

It looks like the price for this, the L37 (and the P42) has suddenly dropped another £50 across most sellers. I assume you will price match or do you only match to certain other retaillers ?

C

Hey championc.

I have checked and our prices on our UK website include the discount given when another TV is traded in against them.

Both screens are now in store only purchases :(

The Panasonic 37G20 without trade in is £779.95 (In Store Only Collection) (We can not ship these screens)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/panasonic/viera-txl37g20b/pana-txl37g20b
    We can offer the 37G20 for £749.95 inc 5 year Warranty!

Panasonic 42G20 without trade in is £899.95 (In Store Only Purchase) (We Can Not Ship These screens)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/plasma-tv/panasonic/viera-txp42g20/pana-txp42g20a
    We can offer the 42G20 for £849.95 inc 5 year Warranty!

Screens become in store only purchases when stock on them gets limited this could change again over the coming weeks if stock levels rise again :)

In order for us to price beat it must include delivery to your home address and the cost of their 5 year warranty:
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

Hi Kenny

I'm matching against John Lewis who do free delivery and a 5 year warranty. I am planning delivery to Dungannon. John Lewis has now dropped to £699 - http://www.johnlewis.com/230948209/Product.aspx. It's dropped to £649 excluding the 5 year warranty with many other retailers (inc Dixons). It would also appear that none of these retailers require a trade-in either.

C

Hey championc.

John Lewis do not have any stock of this screen which means that I can not offer our price beat at this time.

Delivery of our screens must be to the card holders address unless further proof of address is supplied.

Again with our price beat it must include a 5 year warranty, Delivery and be in stock at the time.

Different retailers offer different deals with screens and as you can see form our UK website out 37G20 price runs along side a trade in scheme.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/...pana-txl37g20b

I do apologies but I have to follow our price beat policy.

Thanks Kenny

When I'm ready to proceed, I'll just arrange to go up to Belfast and collect in person.

All I need now is for stock to arrive into JL !!

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 klorin

Hello,

Will there be a notice in this thread when/if the 42G20 stocks go up again or would we need to keep checking the Richersound web page?

Tx

K

klorin wrote: »
    Hello,

Will there be a notice in this thread when/if the 42G20 stocks go up again or would we need to keep checking the Richersound web page?

Tx

K

I would like to know too. I sent a PM to kenny about this and got no reply. An update would be great.

Thanks

Just bump looking for an update about this.

Thanks
    B

I'm going to wait until after the soft Launch of Saorview in case of issues with the ServiceType coding - see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67975019&postcount=16.

I'd have some explaining to do if it worked for UK but suddenly didn't for the Irish DTT.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hey guys.

What are the current prices for the 50S20 and the 50G20? I'm not even gonna ask about the V and VT's! :eek:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.