Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i got a fine on the post but they spelt my surname wrong

• 26-04-2010 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Story lads
    i got a fine on in the post today for someone under the age of 17 not wearing a seatbelt in my car but my surname on the fine is wrong, the cop that pulled me over didn't take it down right or something, recon there is anyway out of the fine and points?
    cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭1916

You could always argue it in Court that the summons is not correct, but more than likely the Garda will request the judge for a right to amend to your correct name, on winning on a technicality, I'd say slim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

If you can afford to hire a good solicitor, then they will tell you if they can get you off or not. If you can't afford one then I wouldn't fancy your chances. It's poxy, but it's the way the system works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

man up! Why did he/she not have belt on? no one gets in my car unless the belt is clicked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

tobsey wrote: »
    If you can afford to hire a good solicitor,
    A solicitor would cost more than the fine, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

chris85 wrote: »
    man up! Why did he/she not have belt on? no one gets in my car unless the belt is clicked in.
    my lad,s always put on their belts. they are 6 +12. why didnt you make them put belt on. do you put your belt on? you should be made to pay the fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Doesn't it work off the details on your license, maybe NGA can confirm or deny this.

Check the spelling of your name on your license.

And then go pay the fine and take the points as you wont get away with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Pretty sure that spelling technicality mularky doesn't work anymore. They very simply correct the name and proceed as normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

tox wrote: »
    Story lads
    i got a fine on in the post today for someone under the age of 17 not wearing a seatbelt in my car but my surname on the fine is wrong, the cop that pulled me over didn't take it down right or something, recon there is anyway out of the fine and points?
    cheers lads

Ah sure anyone can make a spelling mistake. :D

Advertisement