Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VOLUNTEER TUTORS NEEDED FOR HOMEWORK CLUB!! DUBLIN NORTH

• 26-04-2010 6:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking for reliable, enthusiastic, friendly and above all willing, people to volunteer up to 1.5 hours a week to tutor junior school students in improving their homework and skills.
    If you are a teacher-in-training, a retired teacher, or just really, really great with kids and feel you have something to offer, and are willing to do all that for free (and for a great reference) please get in touch with me RIGHT NOW as I'm hoping to trial a homework club in the Marino/ Fairview / Drumcondra / Clontarf area in a few weeks time.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭SarahMs

Hi,

I am training to be an SNA..... I am in the Blanchardstown area, so let me know if ya need any help!

sarah

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

It sounds like a very worthy initiative, well done. Not wanting to take away from that but could you reassure the forum that it will comply with child protection guidelines, are you doing it in association with an organisation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Could you make your scheme a bit clearer, while it sounds good you have not given more information on it. Have you talked to any schools about it, are you involved with any organisation or are you setting up an organisation. Have you a set of child protection guidelines and I presume you know about garda vetting. I'm involved in tutoring students and I know that the school and the parents trust me because I am with a registered and recognised organisation and that I have been Garda vetted. Good luck with your attempts to set this up but you need to give out more information if you are looking for volunteers.

Advertisement