Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Stevens

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

He was great in the 70's and his music for Harold and Maude was great
    Very under rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,773 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He was great in the 70's and his music for Harold and Maude was great
    Very under rated.

I called myself a biggish fan but only heard that changes song recently. Class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭thesultan

I have his first there solo albums. 'Miles from nowhere' is one hell of a song

• Registered Users Posts: 4,737 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Matthew and Son is the bomb. I've got that on an old Deram single.

(Kids, ask your dad)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

At least get his name right...

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    At least get his name right...
    I just didnt want the whole Islam debate goin down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

i love the song the Wind, used to good efect in Almost famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Yes there are plenty of us out here!. How about Wild World - class http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8pvXLVu8Yk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 cirkumflexjohn

he did some great stuff and he did some shockingly bad stuff.

the good stuff he did was really AMAZING. but at the same time, the bad stuff was pretty ****ing ****.

he did some great stuff and he did some shockingly bad stuff.

the good stuff he did was really AMAZING. but at the same time, the bad stuff was pretty ****ing ****.

Agree 100% - some diamonds, some rough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

Ah but some of the dodgier stuff is still very entertaining. Possibly not for the right reasons though. And there is usually a nice message in the song, even when it's terrible.

Eddie Vedder singing Cat Stevens' Trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I'm a fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm a fan since Thursday night.:P

I've often heard the name, but didn't have a clue who he was. I had my first guitar lesson Thursday evening and the teacher played Moonshadow, so when he left I looked him up on YouTube and I fell in love.:pac:

Peace Train is class, imo.

Advertisement