Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toy Story 3: The Game - possibly decent?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Yes, it is a licenced game, but watch the trailer. It has the potential to surprise.

I remember playing the first two Toy Story games when I was a wee lad, and while I loved them at the time, I'd say they'd be dreadful today. But this could be fun. 'Toy Box' mode kind of looks like LittleBigPlanet, only in 3D and with Toy Story characters. If it follows through on it's potential, it could be a fine way to create unnecessarily complex Rube Goldberg devices, and may potentially capture the spirit of Toy Story in a video game (the first two games being pretty standard 2D / 3D platformers).

Although driving RC into Mr. Potato Head is something I damn well better be given the option to do!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Reminds me of Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looks a bit lego-ish to me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Mr E wrote: »

You think thats a bad thing?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm intruded, that actually looks... FUN :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Could be good. I really enjoyed the Lego games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You think thats a bad thing?

Didn't say that. :)
    I'm just giving my first impression.

Out here mid-July, BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Disney haven't released a good movie tie-in game since the 16 bit era... Can't really see this being any different tbh!

Toy story mania, anybody?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm intruded

You'd want to get that sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Mr E wrote: »

In bits !!

badum-ptsch !

...................................tumbleweed.......................

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You'd want to get that sorted.
    Brain... fail :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

That trailer made me realize one thing...

PSP games boxes are taller than PS3 game boxes!

DAMN!

Advertisement