Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Friday 7pm game every week from now on....

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

OK guys just got the all clear from my source in DCU its booked for this friday and every friday after that as long as we have number....cost will be VERY little, depending on numbers, SEE U ALL FRIDAY NIGHT....30TH APRIL...7PM IN THE MIDDLE COURT OF THE DCU HALL...........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'll be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Thanks for setting it up - I won't be about this Friday but I'll see yiz next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'll be there this Friday.

I'm thinking about going down for this Arena Tuesday thing too. But I'm so out of shape and haven't played for years. I think I'll wait for Friday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭shivvyban

I can't wait!!! Back on my home turf of DCU! Love it... will be practicing my shooting so be warned! I plan to be awesome... be it awesomely bad or awesomely good...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

I'll be there this Friday.

I'm thinking about going down for this Arena Tuesday thing too. But I'm so out of shape and haven't played for years. I think I'll wait for Friday...

u shud still come down on tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Anyone know how long the No 3 bus takes to get out to DCU? Will be coming from Sydney Parade so I guess 20 mins into the city centre and maybe 20 more out to DCU?

Wreck wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the No 3 bus takes to get out to DCU? Will be coming from Sydney Parade so I guess 20 mins into the city centre and maybe 20 more out to DCU?

That sounds about right. Or if you didn't want to wait for a 3.... get a bus into the city centre and the buses that go to DCU (Ballymun Rd entrance) from O'Connell St are:

4A
    11A
    11B
    13A
    19A

The 3 goes to the Helix side. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

this looks like its gonna be a sucess...i have the next 3 fridays booked already and paid in advance so this looks like it will be a really good ongoing game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 llien14

I will hopefully make it tomorrow as well, thanks for organising it!
    See you all tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Directions for the poor culchie? :) Coming from M50!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Jimmy.Joe

Vinnie K wrote: »

2. At junction 4 (Ballymun exit on the M50), exit toward Baile Munna/Ballymun 400 m
    3. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto R108 heading to Baile Munna/Ballymun 2.4 km
    4. Turn left at Collins Ave Ext 700 m
    5. Take the 2nd right

Directions from Google Maps

Updated those as the original directions were arsewise!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Eddie-B

Wreck wrote: »

i live beside sydney parade and id tell ya to not get the 3. Just go to the Merrion Shopping Centre and outside that u can get the 4 or 4A to the ballymun entrance, closer to the gym :)

Vinnie K wrote: »

Ooooh are you actually turning up?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jimmy.Joe

shivvyban wrote: »
    Ooooh are you actually turning up?? :P

Who me or Vinny?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is it easy to park in DCU if you're not a student or staff member?

there is a multi storey if you come in from the collins avenue entrance

Eddie-B wrote: »
    there is a multi storey if you come in from the collins avenue entrance

Do we have to pay for that?

As a student I used to always park in the estates and walk over to DCU.

yeah thats wat id do tbh! multi storey aint expensive mind u

see you all soon :P
    ill be there early wearin a white tshirt in the seating area if anybody who doesnt know me is around early too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

hey folks,

Missed this post until today. Did Friday happen? Can anyone join in?

• Advertisement

yup it went ahead and was very good! i need a permanent sub on the ready so more people needed to accompany my fitness levels :D

Yeah it went pretty well :)

Same again today I presume

yeah same again tonioght guys.....hopefully we get roughly the same amount of people tonight...it was nice having 11, just one sub so that everybody got plenty of playing time :) talk tonight!!

I can't make it tonight! Sorry for letting you's all down - I know I am the most fantabulous player you've ever seen but *sigh* other duties are a-calling me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Have actually got a rare Friday off next week so count me in... might even get some of my jumpers to the basket this time - not promising anything though!

Same again tonight guys and girlies...we only had 7 last week so try make it down....centre court in DCU at 7pm tonight :)

I'll be there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭hoganpoly

weather permitting :) love to go some night will do in a couple of weeks:)

• Advertisement

hoganpoly wrote: »
    weather permitting :) love to go some night will do in a couple of weeks:)

weather permitting??????? u know theres a roof :P
    you should come down though!

OK DUE TO EXAMS THE NEXT 2 WEEKS IN DCU THERE IS NO GAME........SO THATS 21ST AND 28TH WE ARE NOT ON..... 4TH OF JUNE WE ARE BACK AND HOPEFULLY WE HAVE GREAT NUMBERS..MORE THAN 7 ANYWAY..

Advertisement