Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Friday 7pm game every week from now on....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

We are back on this Friday 7pm in DCU in the centre court....try get down as we need numbers to keep this going....we'v had between 7 and 12 every week so far so lets keep it up around the 12 marker :) let me know if ya's are intrested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi,

Still haven't made it down yet - apologies. Now out of contact lenses but hopefully the new pairs will arrive before Friday and if so, I'll be there....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Bumping for tomorrow! We got off to a great start with numbers the first week, dropped off a bit after that, so come along and get some exercise before drinking the long weekend away.

Hi folks,

Just wondering if there a game this evening? Have contacts so can see now.....

Yes this is definitely on today! 7pm at the DCU gym. See you later.

• Advertisement

everybody try get down..struggled for number last week :( get it back to the way we started :)

I'll be there!

Bumping this for tomorrow evening! We're getting about 6 or 7 players the last few weeks, need a few more to save my lungs/legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

I'm heading for Bundoran tomorrow for Sea Sessions - looks like I'll be about next week though, finally, so I should be up for a run around!

Just 5 of us tonight, but it was a sick game, played some 3 vs 2 for a while then 2 vs 2 with a rotating sub for whoever got scored on. Tough game especially with the heat in the hall. I'm knackered.

• Advertisement

Bumping for tonight Friday July 2nd. We need more bodys for this, some good games the last few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PiecesofEight

Shaney poops here, Yeah more bodies would be nice, otherwise back into the sauna we go :p

Anyone going to DCU tonight? Apart from me that is.....

I'll be there, the hall is paid for this week and next, but I really don't know if we will have the numbers to make it worthwhile continuing for the rest of the summer. Fingers crossed!

Only 3 of us last night, next week is paid for, but I don't think I'll continue unless there's 6+ people in future, too expensive and would really prefer some full court games.

Yeah some bodies would be nice, It's a decent gym with a lot of space it's a shame, the first few weeks started off with some good promising numbers so if you're even remotely interested in a bit of a run/shoot around do pop down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Ill be back once this stupid bone unbreaks itself!!

This is booked and paid for tomorrow July 16th, not sure what will happen after that though, we've only been getting 3 or 4 people each week, and even though it's relatively cheap it doesn't make sense to keep it going with such few numbers.

See you all tomorrow hopefully!

I'll be there!

I'll be there!

X2

• Advertisement

Good turn out and we had a pretty good game tonight, think there was 9 people?
    I've booked the next two fridays, July 23rd and July 30th. July 23rd is paid for by everyone there today, with a bit more for July 30th.

I'll bring a pen/paper next week so I can keep track of who has paid what.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Jimmy.Joe

I'll pop up tomorrow, however I'll probably be late, how much is it per person for the court?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Its 7pm today ye??

yes 7-8 and usually no more than 5euro...if we have ten people it costs 3euro :) sorry for the few weeks iv missed guys but im back on track and dying for tonight :)

Jimmy.Joe wrote: »
    I'll pop up tomorrow, however I'll probably be late, how much is it per person for the court?
    Around 3 euro, as Judomad said, max would probably be 5 euro.
    Yeah, peaceboi, 7pm, maybe 15 mins beforehand since there's no bookings before ours. Finishes at 8pm when the court gets flooded with Italian students and Shane takes his shirt off.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Thanks guys, will see u today!

lafortezza wrote: »
    Around 3 euro, as Judomad said, max would probably be 5 euro.
    Yeah, peaceboi, 7pm, maybe 15 mins beforehand since there's no bookings before ours. Finishes at 8pm when the court gets flooded with Italian students and Shane takes his shirt off.

Good game's past two weeks with decent numbers... Them poor jailbait Italian/Spanish students having to watch the sweat glistening...(I'll stop right there :rolleyes:)

I think I might take up badminton at 8pm in DCU instead of bball.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

whats the best route/bus to dcu from city centre

I fin work about 5.30 on friday on baggot st, gives me an hour& half to make it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I had to stop going because of an accident. The docs fixed my leg now though :) I might try go to this on friday if it's on.

scottie,
    13, 13A, 16, 16A, 17A, 19A
    . I used to get these buses from westmoreland street when I studied there.

http://www.dcu.ie/info/get_to.shtml

Advertisement