Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nice lunch

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

hi, passing through sligo on wednesday, just wondering does anyone know a nice place for a bowl of soup and a sandwich homemade? thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

hi, passing through sligo on wednesday, just wondering does anyone know a nice place for a bowl of soup and a sandwich homemade? thank you
    '
    I believe that Hargadons on O'Connell Street is back to top form (after a closure). If reports are true...its highly recommended....you'll love the place too...wish i was there now...sigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

Lyons cafe do gorgeous homemade soups with cheese scones. It gets very busy at lunchtimes though.
    I also love Pepper Alley, lovely food and nice confortable seating area.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Cafe Fleur, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

If you are coming into (or out of) Sligo on the N15, the little cafe next to Yeats' Grave in Drumcliffe is lovely, and easy to get parked, no traffic etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I'd be inclined to agree with ems_12 if it's an in/out that you have planned, but if you're willing to go into town Kate's Kitchen does lovely soup and sandwhiches and you can either eat in or takeaway and sit on a bench by the garavogue :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement