Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any comic/movie statue collectors here?

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

Any of you guys/gals collect comic or movie statues/maquettes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Never been a statue collector myself but one of my mates has tons of them. Never saw the attraction myself - Out of interest, why do you collect them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Well it started out with comics mainly read ASM and Daredevil. But in the last ten years I began collecting statues including movie maquettes. Mainly Sideshow and Bowen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I've a fair few animation maquettes mainly Disney and Warner Bros and have a massive obsession with snow globes again mainly Disney. Picked up some nice comic statues over the years but the last few years have been alot of travel so it's just not been practical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I have to admit I have a large collection of 'toys'. I consider them statues of a form (because looking at mcfarlane figures alone you just have to), but most people I know just look at them as toys.

I guess it links to what I always liked about certain comics - detail and pose. Even 1 box from an entire comic can make the comic for me. Every frame is an individual piece of artwork. McFarlane showed how this can be transfered into statue form, but either poster, general print, or figure, I have appreciation for each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, I used be an avid collector. I have quite a few still, but I can't really afford them any more. I'm quite tempted every so often still, I always check out Sideshow's latest stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JesterWX58

I collect but haven't picked any up in at least a year. I've got about a dozen or so, mostly DC with a few Marvel and Indie stuff. I collected the Marvel Figurine Collection until very recently and later the DC Figurines but stopped those as well. They were just goiing to go forever and I was running out of display space.

Advertisement