Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub in Portlaoise

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanladd27

Peig's, top square Portlaoise.
    Has a very mixed crowd, has all the sports you could ask for,
    and is very popular with all ages and sexes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Another vote for Peigs here. Laid out nicely and has a nice atmosphere in the place, good for watching a match as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seanladd27

Very quite in Peigs on Sunday, Chelsea were winning the league, but we had to watch Utd.... on 2 telly's!!!! and then to make matters worse, Leeds United supporters arrived back from Elland rd after getting promoted!
    Viva Leeds:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Kenteach

Was there not a thread on this before? Anyways, I voted for Kavanaghs the last time this discussion came up, a pub I only really discovered last December after living in Portlaoise since '07. Have no reason to change my mind. Cracking pint, friendly and capable staff, great for sports, gigs, comedy, a quiet pint, a not so quiet pint, and great pizzas to make sure that when you only pop in for a quick one on a saturday evening that you stay for the night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

I think Letheans or Kavanaghs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ladyinred2

My opinion is Pegs.Nice drinks and banter and great atmosphere for the footie games.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Depends what you are looking for

Lethean is great for a game of pool, jukebox, odd gig and the beer is always top notch

Saturday night out back in the Square Bar is always good, especially when there is a good band

If you're into to smaller music set ups and maybe a game of darts, Ryan's is the place to go, again Guinness and Smithwicks are always very good in there

Kavanagh's is great for variety, quality gigs, comedy club and it's sports coverage with all the Tv's is probably best in the town

Advertisement