Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church Information for Wedding

Options
  • 26-04-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

From Dublin and looking to get married in Kilkenny next year. My other half has her heart set on the Black Abbey / Holy Trinity Church, but we can't find any information on it!

Just wondering if they do weddings or if anyone has some details for the Church? And also if they would recommend it. Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dewdrop

It is a beautiful church other than that i have little info except the phone no. is 056 7721279

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

Thank you for that, really appreciate it. Do you know if they actually do weddings though? Thanks again!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Not sure on the weddings there either but check this page out - http://www.catholicireland.net/mass-times?task=churchbyparish&ParishID=514

It gives some contact details and email addresses for Fr. Ollie.
    Beautiful Church, haven't been there in years and must pay it a visit soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

The Black Abbey doesn't do weddings I'm afraid. At least not in my lifetime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Anyway, it's 'The Blabbey'.

FFS, get with the new portmanteau or risk losing your K.K.C. street cred. And watch out for parkies if you stray over the free 1 hour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

Thanks for that information, and that is a pity that they don't do weddings. Wasn't too sure when I couldn't find any information whatsoever on them. May give Father Oliver a ring though, herself and I want to get married in Kilkenny, so we'll have to find a Church one way or the other!!!

Advertisement