Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coke or Diet coke which is healthier???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

A number of studies have shown those who drink diet drinks like Diet Coke every day are 67% more likely to develop Type 2 diabetes. (Google Diet Coke and Diabetes for more information). And if you read any of the diabetes forums you will see so much anecdotal evidence about people's diabetes getting worse when they drink Diet Coke. (This may be due to the caffeine in Diet Coke). We also know that artificial sweetners make people more sensitive to glucose.

Bottom line, if you're worried about your glucose levels you should avoid Diet Coke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Asparthame - no more needs to be said! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

I prefere Pepsi Max.lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tily

Diet coke and coke zero are better than drinking normal coke, but they're still all bad for u unfortunately!!

I don't really like diet coke but I use drink loads of coke when I was in college, couple of cans/bottles a day, I noticed after while that it was really affecting my skin so I gave it up, now I have it the odd time as a treat but try to drink water as much as possible.

It's more habit than anything else, I was so used to going into a shop and going straight for it, You really should try and give them up, even start drinking ribenna or one of those juices, they're not great either cause most of them are full of sugar but you could start by doing something like that.

But all those fizzy drinks are totally artifical!! Sure don't ya now everything good is actually bad for you!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

be careful diet coke is addictive!!!!!

honestly im a total addict! Im ashamed to say I drink about 2liters a day :eek:

I dont drink tea or coffee or smoke so i just say this is my little addiction.

In response to AAARRGGGGG diet coke does not affect your blood sugar levels, I monitor my blood sugar levels for type one diabetes, it honestly has no affect.
    If my sugar level is 5.5mmol at 9am and i have no breaki but a glass (or 3) of diet coke its still 5.5mmol at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karynk

I AGREE I COUNT MY CARBS 2 THE AMOUNT OF INSULIN I TAKE AND IM A TYPE ONE DIABETIC. THERE IS NO CARBS , SUGAR OR FAT IN DIET COKE THERES 1.5 CALS AND I% SALT. IF I MY BLOOD SUGARS WERE LOW AND I DRANK DIET COKE IT WUD DO NOTHING 4 ME, SO I HAVE 2 DISAGREE I CANT C HOW DIET COKE WOULD BE BAD FOR ME . REGULAR COKE HELL YA :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

WHAT?? SPEAK UP

Advertisement