Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Meteor Bill Pay Smart Lite offer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

what does the "buy online" bit mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

i feel sick, i took out a 25e a month for 12 month contract with them in jan, all i get is 200mins and 200 texts, no unlimited calls and texts to meteor, or internet data

and im more than likely **** out of luck trying to swap to this price plan since im locked into a contract already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

BArra wrote: »
    i feel sick, i took out a 25e a month for 12 month contract with them in jan, all i get is 200mins and 200 texts, no unlimited calls and texts to meteor, or internet data

and im more than likely **** out of luck trying to swap to this price plan since im locked into a contract already

You would have gotten a cheap handset though, right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Like the sound of this offer, does it mean you have to purchase the sim online to avail of the free meteor to meteor texts and calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Yeah I did the same in November and added the 1Gb add on, so my bills are 29.99 a month, no meteor-meteor calls or texts though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm on an old bill pay lite plan and I was looking to switch to this but it's only open to new customers. I can sign up but I don't get the free meteor calls and texts. Does anyone know if I'd be able to get one of these sims then port my number out to a different network and then onto the new sim card or do they have a restriction that you have to be off the network a certain amount of time before you can get the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I'm on an old bill pay lite plan and I was looking to switch to this but it's only open to new customers. I can sign up but I don't get the free meteor calls and texts. Does anyone know if I'd be able to get one of these sims then port my number out to a different network and then onto the new sim card or do they have a restriction that you have to be off the network a certain amount of time before you can get the offer?

Previous meteor offers required you to leave the network for 30days, but if you took the chance you probably get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

When I click the link to 'join bill pay smart' and select 'buy now' for sim only theres a pop up saying that current meteor payg or bill pay customers need to go in store?? It says online only the page before, so is this only for new customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Come on Eileen

Careful with the free internet, it might only be a bonus and only last for a certain amount of time. I joined there 30e bill thing start of the year and had free internet for few months (was coming up on my online acc as bonus). Bonus ended, they failed to tell me and i racked up a phone bill for €190!!!! Granted when i queried it they took it the crazy internet charge off me but still...be warned!

• Advertisement

Just off the phone with Meteor and this offer is only for new customers. Does anyone know is it easy to switch networks and then move back again, as in switch from Meteor payg to O2/Vodafone payg and then back to Meteor for this offer? Would I have to stay with O2/Vodafone for any lenght of time or can I just moved back straight away??

Cheers!

Dave6195 wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Meteor and this offer is only for new customers. Does anyone know is it easy to switch networks and then move back again, as in switch from Meteor payg to O2/Vodafone payg and then back to Meteor for this offer? Would I have to stay with O2/Vodafone for any lenght of time or can I just moved back straight away??

Cheers!

As i said above, previous offers have had a 30days clause. The offer expires may 31st, so if you port away in the next 2 days you could be away for 30 days to switch back. But as i said to sam, if you ported away, and ported back before the 30 days you might get away with it.

Davy wrote: »
    As i said above, previous offers have had a 30days clause. The offer expires may 31st, so if you port away in the next 2 days you could be away for 30 days to switch back. But as i said to sam, if you ported away, and ported back before the 30 days you might get away with it.

What about if I sign up with a new number and once it's all set up I port my current meteor number out, maybe wait 30 days and then try to port it onto my new contract and erase the number that came with it. Can you (or anyone) see any reason that wouldn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

What about if I sign up with a new number and once it's all set up I port my current meteor number out, maybe wait 30 days and then try to port it onto my new contract and erase the number that came with it. Can you (or anyone) see any reason that wouldn't work?

I can't see it being much of a prob, port out the number you want to keep, get a new connection and after 30 days or whatever ring meteor and say you decided you need to keep it for business purposes or something, They told me before I couldn't do it as I already used the 085 number but the next CR said no prob and did it anyway

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I can't see it being much of a prob, port out the number you want to keep, get a new connection and after 30 days or whatever ring meteor and say you decided you need to keep it for business purposes or something, They told me before I couldn't do it as I already used the 085 number but the next CR said no prob and did it anyway

Well I hope it works because I signed up an hour ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Nice :D Heres to hoping, keep us posted anyway

Heres hoping they aren't reading this :pac:

Never know with gylnn being here at times :p

Any update with this Sam? Did you get your number ported back to meteor??

• Advertisement

Well I submitted the application but I got a call saying they couldn't put it through because I was already a BPL customer and what they'd have to do was add the contract to my current account, without the free calls and texts of course.

I told them to cancel it and that I'd just port out and back in so I was transferred to the retentions dept who offered me my current plan plus free calls and texts. No good because the major reason for doing it was the extra data so I said I'd still port out and back in unless she could just put me on the smart lite plan that is supposed to be for new customers.

A minute or two on hold later I was switched over :)

Still waiting for the billing date though so I don't know if it went through properly yet

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭douglashyde

Hey Barra - I got this package a few weeks back. Ring them and say "if you cant have free meteor to meteor then your leaving" they will forward you to retentions: tell them "your mate had a 10 euro add on that gives free meteor to meteor.....

they will give you free meteor to meteor for 10 extra a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭gussieg

I signed up to a similar deal in august last year, except it did not include the 1gb of internet. What i signed up to in the shop, carphone warehouse was this:
    300 minutes
    300 texts
    free calls and texts to Meteor
    free voicemail.
    all for the princely sum of 25 a month. Sim - only.

A very good deal i thought. UH OH.

What I got was a bloody mess.
    First of all when I checked in a meteor shop what tariff I was on I was told mistakes had been made and i had been signed up to a 40 a month tarriff, they then changed me to a 50 a month tariff and gave me a 25 a month credit. Then the fun really started. First they charged me for all my meteor calls and texts, then they took away my free texts, I got that 50 capped internet charge as well, every single bill was well over 25, though i was being careful, and I discovered that yes i was getting overcharged more than once.
    They also REMOVED my free texts and since then have sworn blind that i must have been imagining them . So i say to any of you looking to join meteor BE VERY CAREFUL. Just looking at their forum overcharging is a regular occurence, and the fact that they took away my free texts is the last straw. SO reaD THE SMALL PRINT, and if it says this is a promotional rate and whether the texts will finsih in 3 months or 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

ordered the sim pack as a new customer. Got it today just rang customer service to do the MSDIN swap. She said it'll take about 24 hours to take effect.
    Can somebody went down this route tell me how long did it take your number to get changed?

And can i use use the sim card now? or should i wait until the number is ported? actually,will there be a message saying your phone has changed or how will i know its done?

*********IMPORTANT**********
    i think most people like me signed up because there's free meteor calls and texts. I asked the girl is this a long term think and she said this is only a pormotion and it lasts 12 MONTHS/ ONE YEAR only. after that you dont get it any more. Just to let ye guys know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm very annoyed at Meteor right now. I rang customer care and they gave me this package and said that it included free calls & texts. Just looked at my bill now and this is obviously not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭ooter

I am on this plan at the mo but want to switch to payg,do I have to give 30 days notice or can I switch straight away?

Advertisement