Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch n putt courses

• 26-04-2010 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

Anyone know what pitch n putt courses are still open in the city/county:

Where Kingfisher is now.........................Open?
    St. Otterans........................................Open? Condition?
    Katie Reillys.........................................Gone
    Dunmore.............................................Open?
    Woodstown.........................................Gone
    Tramore.............................................Open?
    Waterford Crystal.................................Gone
    Ferrybank............................................Open?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Kingfisher - Access through Waterford United Stadium... Go in to main building and there's usually a guy there... Access is behind the new stand in the RSC.

St. Otterans - Never heard of or played

Katie Reillys.........................................Gone

Dunmore.............................................Open? - Never played so unsure

Woodstown.........................................Gone

Tramore - Definitely open... Played last 2 weekends there.. Really well maintained... Not sure of opening hours

Waterford Crystal.................................Gone

Ferrybank - Long Gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Going soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

Dungarvan Pitch and Putt Course is one of the best in IRELAND!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

The course in St. Otterans is still open and looks to be maintained. I think it is free as well, at least I have never seen anyone there asking for or taking money.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Where is this course in St otterans ? never even heard they had one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Where is this course in St otterans ? never even heard they had one!

In the hospital grounds......

Where's the one in Dunmore :confused: never heard of that one.

Ashgrove still open just before you get to Mooncoin. I think they still play in Munster since the days the old course was in Grannagh with lots of papermill employees.

Cant believe Ferrybank and Waterford Crystal are gone, 2 fine courses back in the day when no one could afford to play golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

kensutz wrote: »
    Going soon

Aw really? That's a shame. Haven't played there in a couple of years but it was a nice way to kill a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Going soon

How soon Ken? Just saw people playing there when we were heading to the Astroturf on Monday. First time in a long time.

I think within a month. It's going to be dug up and replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I think within a month. It's going to be dug up and replaced.

Replaced with a new Pitch 'n' putt course like or with something else?

• Advertisement

Something else ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 deisebob1

Something else ;)

I would have been outraged if this was going so I checked up on it and I am told that the front 9 of the course is been taken away and is going to be developed into aditional athletics area for hammer, javelin and shot put. Back 9 is being retained, it is loosing money by the day. Above poster hit the nail on the head when he said "before golf was cheap", thats the problem, golf is now so accessible that pitch and putt courses are going by the way side!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

tramore pitch and putt is normally open from ten o clock in the morning if you have clubs balls and tees just go out and play and some member will take the green fees off you

green fees are five euro for adult
    two euro for children
    club hire is two euro

competitions
    wednesday 6.15 - 8.30
    Saturday 2.15 - 5.00
    Sunday 9.45 - 1.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Something else ;)

Are you sure? I played there recently and they've finally included a new hole 7 (they took the old one out when they built the new stand in the RSC). The 7th hole has been gone for years, it was still gone when i played in March of this year. Then when i went back last month they had a new 7th hole and changed the 8th hole around too. Just a bit strange to do that after years if they're going to be tearing it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Shame that its going. Was mad into p+p couple years back and went out there at least once a week. I'll never forget the day I took a lovely shot across the river ( Can't remember which hole but you're facing the pitch on the tee) and ended up about a foot from the cup. Needless to say I am a terrible player but that shot made my day :)

@johnnykilo yes I'm sure and it was confirmed by another poster that 9 holes are being taken away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

That's a real pisser altogether. I usually go down to Kilbarry at least once a month when the weather allows (i.e. not during the monsoon season aka summer). So where does that leave then? St Otterans and Tramore? I haven't been to St Otterans in about 15 years, can't remember the one in Tramore. Is that the one on the cliffs out the coast road?

By the way has anyone played the one outside New Ross on the way to Kennedy park? I have to say it's the best of all the ones i've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

St Otterans is fairly rough these days played there a few weeks ago and spent more time looking for my ball that accually playing since the grass was so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pitchnputtking

Tramore pitch and putt out in Newtown is in wonderfull condition i would reccommend it to anybody to go out and enjoy a round or two:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

I grew up in St otterans not the building I might add. It's only 15 euro to play williamstown mon to Friday , weekends 20 euro . Only 15 euro after 2pm, course improved a lot the last year, them dykes being filled in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭henboy

In the hospital grounds......

Where's the one in Dunmore :confused: never heard of that one.

Ashgrove still open just before you get to Mooncoin. I think they still play in Munster since the days the old course was in Grannagh with lots of papermill employees.

Cant believe Ferrybank and Waterford Crystal are gone, 2 fine courses back in the day when no one could afford to play golf.

Ferrybank was indeed a great course I spent many happy days on that course .My dad was the chairman for many a year and when he passed away they held a competion every year in his memory . Sad to see it the way it is now but I suppose thats the way it goes ........

Advertisement