Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #55 - Thirteenth Step - A Perfect Circle

Options
  • 26-04-2010 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Much like Chelsea's game against Stoke yesterday there was a rampant winner this week. As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed. Only one other album got more than one vote, hopefully we'll get more people back voting next this week.

Band
    |
    Album
    |
    Vote Count

At The Gates|Slaughter Of The Soul|2
    A Perfect Circle|Thirteenth Step|7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

insanely good album. every track is a classic for me, no filler, unlike the first, which may have had some stronger tracks but wasn't song for song a better album.

The Noose is probably the best song on the album in my opinion.

I remember when it was released it was slated by the critics, mainly because it doesn't have a real single apart from Weak and Powerless and also because it takes repeated listens for it reveal all its layers.

Live, they re-produced much of these layers and it remains one of the best performances I have ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

Malice_ wrote: »
    hopefully we'll get more people back voting next this week.
    I see no reason to vote for music it's not a sport. IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Jemmaa wrote: »
    I see no reason to vote for music it's not a sport. IMHO

Well knowing other people's opinions on things is a good guideline to listen to music you might like. I would've never listened to Between The Buried and Me if they hadn't gotten Ultimate-guitar's best album of 2007, and now they're my favourite band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

The Noose is probably the best song on the album in my opinion.

agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

isnt each song a theme on each step of the 12 step programme, and thats why the album itself is called 13th step....no 13th track, the album as a whole is that step...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got it during the week, partly due to it's impending victory this week. Quite enjoying it, will take me awhile to get into it properly though. The Noose is a great track alright.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

I'll have to dust it off, it was good from what I remember. I haven't listened to APC since I listened to Mer De Noms to death. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I think this just about tops Mer De Noms, someone above made a very good point about it being better as a whole album.

The Noose is a great song and I just looooooove the buildup in The Package. "Give this to me!" Boom!

But yeah, no filler track to be found here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

An entire thread for APC :)
    HEAVEN! <3

I love absolutely every song, with the exception of The Nurse Who Loved Me.

Words do not nearly describe my love for this band... so I went and got a tattoo :rolleyes: haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I got into APC from Tool when I found out Maynard was in it. I think this is a good transition album from Tool to them. I probably wouldn't have liked Mer de Noms as much had I listened to it first.

The Package is a fantastic song, probably my favourite along with The Noose, although they're all quite excellent :P

Blue, Gravity.... they're all great. And seeing it in the album of the week thread made me listen to it again when I haven't listened to it in a good while.

A worthy winner and enjoyed listening to the album again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I'm putting it on as I type. Great album from start to finish. I find it very relaxing for some reason, maybe just from the intro to The Package I get in that mindset.

Favourite song on the album is a tough one, The Outsider maybe. Check this live version

It's done so well, a tip of the hat to you APC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

Agreed, The Package in my opinion, has to be one of the best album openers, in my music collection anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Schism wrote: »
    I'm putting it on as I type. Great album from start to finish. I find it very relaxing for some reason, maybe just from the intro to The Package I get in that mindset.

Favourite song on the album is a tough one, The Outsider maybe. Check this live version

It's done so well, a tip of the hat to you APC!

That's a fantastic live performance all right. I love how Maynard holds the scream in it. F*ckin awesome.

Advertisement