Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaints regarding bar and restaurant staff

Options
  • 26-04-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering who deals with customer complaints of the bar and restaurant/cafe staff on campus?
    The general level of 'customer service' (aka service with a scoul) is absolutely atrocious, particularly in the Main Restaurant, and given the amount you have to pay for their 'food', some common courtesy would be the least you'd expect!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Firstly, I don't think there is a Customer Complaints in existence (but try Gary Moss?)

Secondly, what's the point? If I was working as my life-long career there it'd be a godsend to get sacked. Just be happy in the fact that you'll (hopefully) never have to do that for your whole life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Let's not mention the grind staff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

dyl10 wrote: »
    Let's not mention the grind staff...

Those aren't staff. They're monkeys in man suits, and even monkeys would have better manners

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Nine one one staff are the worst by far...

muffinman wrote: »

As it happens, I was served by a very nice middle aged man there, today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Ah they're grand. Service with a scowl isn't the worst thing to be complaining about, I can find you loads of off-campus eateries that will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

dyl10 wrote: »
    As it happens, I was served by a very nice middle aged man there, today.

It really depends, some of them are cúnts, a few of them are nice. Nice ones tend to put some vague level of effort into your sandwich.

I wont go in there if I see some of the guys who work in there on the counter, I'd rather eat the fiver I might spend in there. I've also gotten meat that was heated up but was cold in the middle (ie, dodgy....), in there.

I have gotten a decent sandwich in the grind before. Again depends who serves you, the middle aged guy with glasses, makes a good one. The way the guy at the till (Young guy) wraps the sandwiches makes me want to slap him though....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Centra has by far the best staff of any of the outlets on campus I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sweet Maryland

Hi everyone.

Why dont you get up a few minutes earlier make a sandwich and bring it to college, that way you wont be queing so long and you will get more study done.
    Then when you get home cook a dinner for yourselves, that way you wont have to eat their disgusting food served with appauling displeasure.
    I hope you will never have to work in a shop or restraunt to suppliment your college expenditure.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

muffinman wrote: »

911 staff are the best, manners wise, imo.

None of them know how to make a proper sandwich though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I don't think the grind staff can be beaten in terms of rudeness and general dounchbaggery. Main restaurant comes in at a close second.

I always thought the 911 staff were grand, as are most of the staff in the SU shop under the library.

The SU shop staff are all legends - pity the main restaurant don't get the SU shop girls to train their staff, I was only thinking of the food outlets when I wrote centra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I hope you will never have to work in a shop or restraunt to suppliment your college expenditure.

What is that supposed to mean? I work in a cinema to supplement my college expenditure/life, and as well as that I've worked in a supermarket to supplement my travels. Nowhere in any of that supplementing or working have I been rude or half-assed in my dealings with customers, in the way described here.

Your attitude of "make your own sandwiches or you deserve to be scowled at." makes one suspect you're one of the staff in question, or someone who acts similarly in their workplace. Quite frankly, you, and everyone like you, should be out on your ear, looking for a job that doesn't involve people, while nicer, happier people do the job they're paid for without moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I do, and I assure you I dont treat customers in a way that makes them think that I resent their custom......

Hi everyone.

Why dont you get up a few minutes earlier make a sandwich and bring it to college, that way you wont be queing so long and you will get more study done.
    Then when you get home cook a dinner for yourselves, that way you wont have to eat their disgusting food served with appauling displeasure.

GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I did, and somehow managed to do it without being as much of an arsehole about it as some of the staff in UCD are.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

What do people think of the bar staff in the Student Bar (aka Student Club)?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

the bar staff are great....although it's a pity they have to kick people out as soon as they're done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

the barmen of student bar - they didnt give me the right change and when i asked for the money they behaved like a c*nt:eek: it happened twice in which the first time i let them have my 2euro but the next time is like 5euro. terrible attitude for i am the one who pay them money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

1968 wrote: »
    What do people think of the bar staff in the Student Bar (aka Student Club)?

Bar staff are grand .... now the men who serve you food are just pricks. Honestly you'd swear they were doing you a massive reluctant favour when you ask for a snack box or a bowl of soup. they slop it in and not a word of thanks or any sort of pleasantry when giving you change or asking for cash. the girls are much nicer in my opinion. Centra rules all even though they have a queue of hundreds for the old €3.50 chick fillet rolls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭inbodwetrust

Kirnsy wrote: »
    Bar staff are grand .... now the men who serve you food are just pricks. Honestly you'd swear they were doing you a massive reluctant favour when you ask for a snack box or a bowl of soup. they slop it in and not a word of thanks or any sort of pleasantry when giving you change or asking for cash. the girls are much nicer in my opinion. Centra rules all even though they have a queue of hundreds for the old €3.50 chick fillet rolls!

Ye Centra is the place to go . The chicken rolls are class and the Irish woman with the blond hair is always real sound with the portions. The pizzas are real good if your around college at dinner time and at 4 euro they are good value imo

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭muffinman

Frisbee wrote: »

I find that they just stand behind the counter chatting away to eachother while you wait at the till for them to let you pay for your now cold toasted sandwich.. You'd swear they were doing you a favour the way they treat you.. Food is dodgy too (although that's hardly their fault) and no they don't have a clue how to make a sandwich..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Ah the stress of exam-time! All-in-all I like the staff at the various eateries, especially cafe brava and elements. Have been working in Boston University this semester and UCD is no worse in this regard.

Never liked Centra, as someone who despises mayonnaise with a passion (the thought of eating it makes me ill) to the extent that I watch my sandwiches being made like a hawk, I'm wary of the fact that my sandwich often has some on it from the making of the last person's sandwich...yuck. Stopped eating there as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

+1 on Centra being the best

The restaurant is hit and miss I find; sometimes friendly, sometimes they are almost mean
    The bar staff are very passive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I worked in a shop on campus serving students to supplement my college expenditure for years. What does this have to do with serving someone with a smile?

It really bugs me when people stand at a till and scowl all day. Having a bit of banter with customers speeds up the day and leaves them with a smile and a sandwich! Sure isnt that wat the whole customer service thing is about.

As for ucd eateries:

1. Centra
    2. SU shops
    3. Sports Cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomdublin

Is the chap with glasses who picks his nose still serving in the restaurant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 el cule

I've never encountered staff as pleasant as Centra's. Really set the standard in terms of food outlet friendliness. And extremely efficient at making rolls.:D

There's another girl in Centra who's only ever on the registers who's really upbeat and friendly. Really makes a change from the grumpy boots types that are in the other food places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭ronaldoshaky

I was just wondering who deals with customer complaints of the bar and restaurant/cafe staff on campus?
    The general level of 'customer service' (aka service with a scoul) is absolutely atrocious, particularly in the Main Restaurant, and given the amount you have to pay for their 'food', some common courtesy would be the least you'd expect!

Can you blame them, having to look at D4 bimbos their entire working life?

I spent four years in UCD. Anytime I went up in there, I always got ok service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Frisbee wrote: »

Things must have changed a lot since I was there, some of the staff were the worst I've dealt with in any situation. However, I did feel quite sorry for them!

Advertisement