Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Dryer

• 26-04-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, hoping you can help me out.

I'm a guy with reasonably short hair but I hate wearing any product in it but do like it a little bit 'coiffed up' or styled so to speak. Anyway, I find that if I use the hair dryer in the gym and blast my hair so to speak it 'coifs up' and stands up so much that I actually don't need to use any hair product. Plus, I'm going a bit thin I top so I like the really 'puffed up' and filled out look a really strong hair dryer can give. I've used a Phillips dryer in the gym and it's amazing and really 'blasts' the hair nicely but am finding it really difficult to buy a dryer that seems anywhere near as strong as the one in the gym and coifs up my hair the way it does.

I went into Argos the other day and bought a Remington dryer for around 30 euro, but when I came home and turned it on the blast was nothing like the one in the gym. I know I probably should have bought a slightly more expensive one but I figured that the strength of the air blast would be parallel to the watt of the hair dryer and the dryer was 2,100 watts; the same as even way more expensive ones in the shop catalogue.

Then the next day I decided to borrow one of my flat mate's dryers. She's a girl (obviously) and has quite long hair so I thought she'd have a brilliant dryer. She came out with this huge, fancy-looking dryer and I thought 'happy days' this will deffo work! But when I turned it on it was the same problem.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend a really good dryer? I'm afraid I'm gonna have to spend loads on an 'industry-type' dryer or something. Didn't think it would be this hard. The gym I go to is only Jackie Skelly's so I doubt they'd spend too much on hair dryers but maybe they did! Like I said the one in the gym is Phillips but couldn't see the rest of the make.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

There is a place on Abbey Street (Dublin) that supplies equipemt=nt to hairdressers, gyms and so on. You should go in there and have a look at the different models available and try 'em out to find what suits you best. Follow the Link.
    Have to say though that if you like your hair quiffed (coiffured/coiffed) then a little product really helps maintain it.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

The ones they usually have in gyms are made by 'ETI'

You can get them in Peter Mark; they're less than €50 anyway.

Some places have Parlux ones which are similar to the ETI brand but a bit more expensive.

I'm on my second ETI hairdryer and I love it. There is no comparison between it and a dryer you'd buy in the likes of Argos.

I think one of them would sort you out OP:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭compsys

Cheers guys, appreciate the help. Terrisales actually have a unit in Nutgrove which is right beside me so will check it out at the weekend!

Advertisement