Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Banjo

Options
  • 26-04-2010 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi,
    I left my banjo in the boot of a taxi last thursday night, the taxi was a silver avensis and the driver was Bangladeshi. I've phoned the psv office in henry street but nothing has been handed in, phoned various taxi companies but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Most of the foreign drivers wouldn't have any affiliation with any taxi companies and would do most of their work from the various taxi-ranks throughout the city centre. Which may make it harder to retrieve your lost banjo. I think your best bet would be to spend a few hours around the city esp. the rank by the Smyths/Icon or the on by Trinity Rooms as this is the busiest area during the week what with the students an' all. I hope you find the guy and if you're sure it's him and he's of no help, MAKE SURE you take down his licence number and make a report.

Best of luck, and I hope you're pluckin' your banjo sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

You're supposed to be given a receipt after your journey.

Easy mistake to forgot something in the boot but the drivers legal requirment to provide you with a receipt and on this would have been his details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

^I dont know see the point in saying that seeing as its fairly obvious nobody bothers with receipts unless someone else is going to foot the bill.

OP, Im presuming the driver didnt drop you off at your house, if he did, id be a bit worried that he didnt hand it back.

Otherwise, id imagine he is probably waiting for you to find him, tbf, he has no way of contacting you, so as someone else said id find yourself a few ranks and start searching, at least you remember the car so it should speed the process up a bit.

Advertisement