Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick internet banking question!!

Options
  • 26-04-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hey, just a quick question.

How long does it take to transfer money from my own AIB account into someone else's BOI account with internet banking?????

It was 1500 euro and i did it today around 1pm but got word back this eve that it hasn't reached the BOI account yet. Could processing take over 24hours?... or is there a good change i screwed something up? getting a little worried because he needs to have the money by tomorrow.

Also, I know AIB to AIB is instant from previous experiences.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

AIB to BOI can take 3-5 working days as the funds are clearing between different banks.

Disgraceful, but that's the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

dudara wrote: »
    AIB to BOI can take 3-5 working days as the funds are clearing between different banks.

Disgraceful, but that's the way it is.

I thought it's a lot faster than that. From what I can remember, if you transfer before a certain cut-off (around midday), the funds will be there the next day. After the cut-off, you have to wait 2 days. I could be wrong on the specifics, but I do know they improved it a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ulster bank is generally next day but other banks could be longer... I wouldn't expect it to be on the same day for bank to another bank though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Recce

Same bank transfers are instant.
    Transfers to other banks can take up to 5 days, but usually take a day or 2 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

thanks for all the replies.

It went through there today so I must have got in before mid-day. Panic over anyways. Thanks!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement