Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucan village eircom prob?

• 26-04-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Anyone in Lucan village experiencing problems with eircom this evening?. WOW was almost unplayable due to latency tonight. According to pingtest, my pings have doubled to 60 odd and jitter is high (20 - 30), from memory its usually under 10.

I'll give them a call tomorrow if its still problematic, but would be nice to know if anyone else having issues.

Ta!

EDIT - speed is ok, I'm on the 7meg low interleaving package.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'm on smart on the Village exchange and getting constant disconnects here, goes ever 3-4min. Must be something up tonight. Pings are the same as always though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

I've been having problems for the past few months. I'm on the 7Mb package and had a near perfect connection up to recently. Most nights now I'm down to around 1Mb between 7pm and midnight. I get full speed the rest of the time. Co-incidentally the speed drop happened at the same time as the introduction of the 24Mb package.

It's obvious that they're overselling their product and there is a contention problem in the evenings. I've been complaining endlessly to Eircom but I get nothing but excuses. Initially they said there was a cable problem and later texted me to say it had been fixed, but nothing changed. Another genius advised me that the best tning to do was downgrade to the lowest package. New Generation Broadband my foot.

My speed at the moment is 2.1Mb (good for the time of day 9pm) but I'm getting 40 to 50% packet loss on the b-ras2. I've been logging my speed several times each night for the past few weeks and they're pretty poor.

Incidentally I see the Lucan village exchange isn't due to be upgraded for NGB this year according to their coverage map. As soon as NTL upgrade their cabling here I'll be off to them in a flash.

Advertisement