Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Wedding Photography Prize

• 26-04-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, before we started I have requested mod permission for this thread and received the permission also, thanks Cabainsail.

Many of us here have recently come across one of our newer members on the photography forum, thecageyone. After seeing many of his images I offered to give him a light, during that particular conversation it came to light that thecageyone has a fundraiser going for his daughter Kayler, www.helpkayleywalk.com Himself and his family need to raise 50k, I'm sure many of you are aware of the story and if not you can click on the link for the site and get all the info.

Whilst meeting with thecageyone I didscussed different fundraising options, a family member had run a very successful fundraiser and I let him know what happened there. Obviously the amount needed is huge and I wanted to help in anyway I could but not being very rich I knew anything I could give would barely dent the full amount so I have decided to set up a raffle. I offered my services for a day for wedding photography (and whatever editing time is needed obviously)Whilst I was in the house another guest was there who is a florist and she offered bridal flowers as a prize also.

So now we have just set up the raffle, tickets can be bought online through a paypal button on my site, where all the info can be seen also, http://www.rachelfoxphotography.com/page2.php All money raised will go directly to the fund and other prizes will be added as soon as confirmed but we are getting going with the raffle now anyway.

I would appreciate it if anyone here who thinks they could spread the word would do so, facebook, printing a couple of signs to leave with local bridal shops or in shop windows, spreading the word to any recently engaged couples, whatever way possible. The costs of the day will not be taken out of any money raised and the prize winners would be treated like any other clients. Hopefully this can raise a few bob for the fund, more than I could give at least anyway and fingers crossed the full amount is raised in time for thecageyone, his daughter and the rest of his family.

Comments

Rachel, if you make a facebook 'page' we can link to it.

Great idea though and I'll be putting a few quid in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Great idea :D

Hey thecagey - I'd be willing to do a family studio shoot too if you think it would help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

sineadw wrote: »
    Great idea :D

Hey thecagey - I'd be willing to do a family studio shoot too if you think it would help?

Sinead we could add this as a prize to this raffle or there is another sperate raffle, i.e. non wedding related where that prize could go too.

Rachel, if you make a facebook 'page' we can link to it.

Great idea though and I'll be putting a few quid in.

There is a direct donation button on teh www.helpkayleywalk.com page and also a facebook page for that, do you think I should set up a seperate facebook page for the prize? I wouldnt know what to call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Good stuff :)

A portrait session as a prize would be brilliant too!

The facebook page is -

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=101324599906821&v=wall

But feel free to make another specific for the raffle. Because the official group has passed 5000 members we can no longer send out group mail :mad: An anti-spam measure no doubt, but we can post up a link to a seperate page if you want to do one up?

• Advertisement

Ok I'll get one up tomorrow, head is pounding now. If you guys decide between yourselves and Sinead which raffle to put her portrasit session in let me know, if it goes with the wedding one I'll adjust the details on that one.

Ah no - didn't mean to hijack! It can (and should) be totally separate! Maybe after STG's thing...

Add as a prize to this raffle i think?

The more prizes the better, people like value for the ticket price :) get the punters in. I think the first prize alone will draw a lot of brides to be, hopefully. But I know when I enter draws I like to see a list of prizes, makes you feel you've a better chance at getting something. :cool:

Cool well if its good for Sinead we can add it to this one so.

Sinead, no hijacking dont be silly, its all in aid of a good cause, the more chances to sell tickets the better. There are numerous things going on, I'm hoping to pick up some wedding stationary to add to the list of prizes too and we were hoping to get other prizes too. Maybe you could offer and engagement photo shoot? Have a think about what you want to offer and sure you can send me an email and we can sort it out between us so, info@rachelfoxphotography.com

The more the better so if anyone else wants to jump on the bandwagon then cool, I am offering my services for the counties listed on the poster so if maybe someone in the west or something would like to offer similar that could be cool too, joint first prizes????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I'll contribute for sure.

Would offer my services as a prize too but I don't really do the stuff people would be interested in. :eek: A divorce bash anyone :)

• Advertisement

I'd have to be dublin based for studio! But sure yep - whatever works :)

That could be indicated in the prize details. Ok when my brain is not killing me I''ll do some work on the poster to include it. Maybe send me an email of exactly what you are offering, i.e. disc or a print or two and I can work on it in the morning.

Good stuff :) Thanks to all who are helping and would like to. It's always nice to know people out there care. We've only a few months left to clock this huge amount up and we're nowhere even close to 1/4 way! Events like this should stir up more interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I really don't want to put a damper on a great idea but have you gotten Garda approval for the raffle? Pretty sure it's needed.

CD only I'm afraid, unless some printer or other on the forum would like to offer some services..

whistles...

Sleepy wrote: »
    I really don't want to put a damper on a great idea but have you gotten Garda approval for the raffle? Pretty sure it's needed.

That's not a big deal to get.

I'm waiting to hear back from the girl that is arranging the Dunboyne castle fundraiser to see if she has received Garda Clearance, if I dont hear tomorrow I'll try sort that out.

Garda approval shouldn't be any trouble.

[edit] We don't actually need it, as it'll be on a private premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

sinead i will do a big canvas as a prize or add it to your prize if that helps

do a 30*20 or something

let me know

stcstc wrote: »
    sinead i will do a big canvas as a prize or add it to your prize if that helps

do a 30*20 or something

let me know

Cool great Steve. I suppose the prize winner could decide what size they want with that being the upper limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

yea whatever suits

Deadly :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

You are welcome to borrow some portable kit for this if it helps. Lastolite HiLite 6x7 with white train and a pair of Elinchrom Dlite 4s. I've only used it on my own kids so wouldn't have enough experience to offer the service as a prize myself.

Well a little update, I have just received an offer of bridal makeup to go into this raffle too so it looks like it is getting going quite well.

Heres my thoughts on order correct me if you think I should do it differently (getting dejavu here)

1 Wedding Day Photography
    2 Bridal Flowers
    3 Engagement shoot
    4 Bridal makeup

As said I can get some smaller wedding stationary items such as bridal pens and cake knives quite cheap for smalle rprizes but this seems to be going well with 4 good big prizes, do you think the order is good or should I change the order of it?

I'm a bit confused.

Is it you make a donation (any amount? ) and you go in a raffle for the prizes

or

You bid on the items (which is donated) and get the prize?

Covey wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused.

Is it you make a donation (any amount? ) and you go in a raffle for the prizes

or

You bid on the items (which is donated) and get the prize?

Its a raffle, €20 a ticket for this specific raffle. There is an option on the website www.helpkayleywalk.com to make any donation, I have set this raffle up to raise some much needed cash for the fund with the help of others offering prizes. There will also be another raffle taking place set up by a friend of thecageyone with more prizes, but this one is bridal specific.

hey, all good stuff :)

Just one thing, and this is a boo-boo on my part as I didn't double check, but the flower arranging is already in another draw, taking place on the night. You could just bump up the prizes below it, it's still a bloody good draw. Also, as there's a draw in Donboyne on the night already we should prob do this one either online or at a seperate venue? Just to make it clear it's a different, draw, specifically for these prizes. Otherwise anyone paying for the ticket for the night out might think they're in this draw too! Could get messy.

You could either do it online, there's programs you can use to randomly draw out numbers and gives you a record of the drawing, or we could try get a room somewhere for an hour to do the draw publicly? Or I'll see can I get it done at one of the other events.

Sorry for the mix up, it's only the flowers are out of this one but Jacky reckons she can get some wedding jewelery as a prize.

Ok so I'm changing the poster as we speak to accomadate the new prizes and I'm leaving the date of the raffle as July 9th. Now we can arrange to do the raffle anywhere, I can do it in work or whatever as long as we have someone else pull the tickets then thats good for me. Unless someone wants to arrange another benefit night but I think thats just messing it up a bit too much. I'm waiting to hear back from some printers for the flyers so we can leave some in hotels and bridal shops to get the word spread around a bit more and I'll see if I can get some sold in work too.

Cheers, sorry bout that, but I think it'll work out better. They wanted to use the flower arranging to bump up the prizes in the night out draw, I don't think this one needs it. The prizes without are great!! We will try get some more for it too.

• Advertisement

4556972633_d2b7438f55.jpg

new poster done and dusted

You're going to kill me ... but we can do the draw before the event in Dunboyne :D

You're going to kill me ... but we can do the draw before the event in Dunboyne :D

Do you mean on the day or a day before.

On the night, just before event starts, just to keep it separate from the draw for that night, think the tickets for that one are only €5 so don't want people thinking they're in this one too for that :)

Oh yeah tahts cool, I have the draw date as July 9th but that doesnt mean it has to be done there, I've taken Dunboyne castle off the poster anyway.

Maybe leave it blank for now, we might get a venue just for this draw alone so people who buy tickets have the option to be there to see it. If we can't get a specific place the least we can do is hold it just before the event in Dunboyne, so at least it's public.

• Advertisement

Maybe leave it blank for now, we might get a venue just for this draw alone so people who buy tickets have the option to be there to see it. If we can't get a specific place the least we can do is hold it just before the event in Dunboyne, so at least it's public.

Thats no probs, we could just have a boards p*** up and do it then you never know.

Not a bad plan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Would love to offer my services but it would seem that the portrait & wedding stuff is already covered.

Well done for creating post etc

Thanks Mikey

There is always the opportunity to double up on the first prize to allow for people from both sides of Ireland to enter as it obviously isnt feesible for me to go to the other side of the country which is why I have listed my services for specific counties.

it would also be possible to double up on the photoshoot in different locations also, not that anyone should feel obliged to add a prize, if you want to do it you can, or another raffle could be arranged by someone else covering their specific area.

The more opportunity to raise money for thecageyone the better, if anyone wants to set up a similar raffle go ahead and I can send on the pdf of the post for details to be changed accordingly to other raffles.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TurkeyBurger

The more opportunity to raise money for thecageyone the better, if anyone wants to set up a similar raffle go ahead and I can send on the pdf of the post for details to be changed accordingly to other raffles.

Maybe see about advertising the raffle over on www.weddingsonline.ie - big target audience for these types of prizes...

• Advertisement

Maybe see about advertising the raffle over on www.weddingsonline.ie - big target audience for these types of prizes...

That's the main idea, hopefully cageys wife will get on to them, I think it would be better coming from them rather than wol thinking it's an advertising stunt!

If I buy a ticket and win the main prize, do I have to get married :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Covey wrote: »
    If I buy a ticket and win the main prize, do I have to get married :eek:

You'd look amazing white...your dyin to get into a big frock for day !!:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Don't forget to add a post into the Weddings/Marriage forum too :D

That's the main idea, hopefully cageys wife will get on to them, I think it would be better coming from them rather than wol thinking it's an advertising stunt!

Will get Jacky onto that. We'll whore it around everywhere possible, don't worry.

Of course Men can buy tickets too, and you don't have to be getting married, though it might spur some people on to proposing :D

The prizes are bridal specific but there would be no problem if a non bride won and decided to give the prize away or use it in a different form, i.e. using the wedding photography for a party instead of a wedding or engagement shot for a portrait etc etc

My dads bought a ticket and I'm hoping I wont have to see him in a wedding dress anytime soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'll put a poster up in my gallery if I can get one from somewhere. Or is it just a matter of downloading and printing that copy some how?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Have you considered getting on too the likes of todayfm or 2fm? Ray D'Arcy and Ray Foley would love to air and support something like this. It would get the message out to a couple hundred thousand people!
    I really hope this goes really well and fair play to all involved, best of luck.

Thats a great offer Humber I've emailed a few printing companies re getting flyers etc but havent heard anything back yet. I can email you the high res file if you pm me your email address. Thanks

32Finn, I hadnt thought of that, I'll do a little google on it and see what happens thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

There is a direct donation button on teh www.helpkayleywalk.com page and also a facebook page for that, do you think I should set up a seperate facebook page for the prize? I wouldnt know what to call it.

Hey Rachel. Our son is getting married in Killarney in September, so, if we did (by some miracle!) win, we'd be out of it. But we'll throw in a few quid anyways. Best of luck to Kayley and her Dad. Great idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement