Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Wedding Photography Prize

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Hey Rachel. Our son is getting married in Killarney in September, so, if we did (by some miracle!) win, we'd be out of it. But we'll throw in a few quid anyways. Best of luck to Kayley and her Dad. Great idea.

Hi freddie,

It is a pity that I couldnt offer it everywhere but I dont think its feesible to accept work at the other end of the country, even if its paid work as I'd be tired after the long journey.

Donations are accepted on thecageyones official website which is www.helpkayleywalk.com and I'm sure he'd very much appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

32finn wrote: »
    Have you considered getting on too the likes of todayfm or 2fm? Ray D'Arcy and Ray Foley would love to air and support something like this. It would get the message out to a couple hundred thousand people!
    I really hope this goes really well and fair play to all involved, best of luck.

We appeared on tv3's morning show and a couple of local radio stations. They stir up interest very quick, but unfortunately it becomes old news very fast. Right after the tv3 show we received around 15 donations into the fund, then it just stopped. With something as big as this you have to work very hard to keep people's interest. We have contacted the others, like 2fm etc ... but they never got back to us.

Once the details and poster for this draw are finalised we can start to spread it about :)

We appeared on tv3's morning show and a couple of local radio stations. They stir up interest very quick, but unfortunately it becomes old news very fast. Right after the tv3 show we received around 15 donations into the fund, then it just stopped. With something as big as this you have to work very hard to keep people's interest. We have contacted the others, like 2fm etc ... but they never got back to us.

Once the details and poster for this draw are finalised we can start to spread it about :)

I sent out mails to a few radio shows just there and did receive one reply from someone who was sending it on to the person that manages the shows diary so fingers crossed.

Still to hear back from any printing company so if anyone here knows a printer of this kind or works in a printing company Id appreciated a bit of a hand trying to get some flyers etc done one the cheap.

Any word back yet? Have you updated the poster on your site so I can start to link it? Or should I wait until we have everything confirmed?

We can print up flyers here at home, they'd just be plain paper though.

Any word back yet? Have you updated the poster on your site so I can start to link it? Or should I wait until we have everything confirmed?

We can print up flyers here at home, they'd just be plain paper though.

Sorry yes its all on site. No luck getting proper tickets printed yet, over €100 which i dont have spare right now. I'm using a duplicate numbered pad at the minute but might just design a standard ticket and photocopy or something.

The prizes need to be changed on the poster :)

Feck I thought I did that will do it now

Fixed it!

Cool, didn't want to be nagging :D But I can't post it about until it's right ;)

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the online raffle hasnt taken as many hits as expected so I have just finished off printing raffle tickets, printer were asking too much so I have done them myself and if anyone would like a book of 10 to try and sell for us please pm me your address and I can stick one in the post.

Thanks again
    Rachel

Advertisement