Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pol pot mods ruining boards

Options
  • 26-04-2010 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

i saw a request from a guy today,in the limerick city thread,looking for a mountain bike.quick as a flash in comes a moderator and locks the thread telling him he cant post that request there:eek: WTF like???

why the hell cant he request such an item in that thread,if he lives in the city??? isnt that why theres regional threads?? ffs:(

this situation reminded me of ny own request around 6 weeks or so ago,

i posted up a request on the motor section,went something like this.

ive a nrth reg car an livin down south but my insurance company threatned to stop my cover unless i changed the number plate to an irish reg.my question was,can they do this?
    got a load of smart ass replies that went unchecked by the moderator who promptly locked the thread,when i pm him and asked why he locked it and why he didnt tick off the unhelpfull posters the reply came.what else did i expect? and i shouldnt be driving in the republic with northern plates and should regester the car and pay vrt etc etc? as about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard!that wasnt my question.....and a smartarse with it.
    so thats the short story.......my experience of boards is very negative ruled by egotistical moderators,theres more free speech in a pol pot run regime.i rarley post now,a waste of my time. and im still driving the same reg car with the same insurance company:)you can change your no plates for nothin if youve owned the car abroad for a period of time and the irish drivers association were of help when it came to this issue...
    just thought id get that off my chest..
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Moderators here are awful. One time, a few After Hours moderators found where I lived, they must've been waiting outside for a while so when I went out to the pub, they followed me and roughed me up a bit, all because I posted a thread that belonged elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

i saw a request from a guy today,in the limerick city thread,looking for a mountain bike.quick as a flash in comes a moderator and locks the thread telling him he cant post that request there:eek: WTF like???

why the hell cant he request such an item in that thread,if he lives in the city??? isnt that why theres regional threads?? ffs:(

ive a nrth reg car an livin down south but my insurance company threatned to stop my cover unless i changed the number plate to an irish reg.my question was,can they do this?
    got a load of smart ass replies that went unchecked by the moderator who promptly locked the thread,when i pm him and asked why he locked it and why he didnt tick off the unhelpfull posters the reply came.what else did i expect? and i shouldnt be driving in the republic with northern plates and should regester the car and pay vrt etc etc? as about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard!that wasnt my question.....and a smartarse with it.
    so thats the short story.......my experience of boards is very negative ruled by egotistical moderators,theres more free speech in a pol pot run regime.i rarley post now,a waste of my time. and im still driving the same reg car with the same insurance company:)you can change your no plates for nothin if youve owned the car abroad for a period of time and the irish drivers association were of help when it came to this issue...

Oh it's terrible. Those mean old mods!
    Go to the Spell Czechs forum, you'd have an amazing time there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

1) Mountain Bike? Cycling/Cycling Adverts

2) Insurance Question? Consumer Issues

Oh wait, sorry :pBanking & Insurance & Pensions

You've just posted your questions in the incorrect forums is all. Lets call a mulligan a mulligan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 beargrisley

Magenta wrote: »
    Oh it's terrible. Those mean old mods!
    Go to the Spell Czechs forum, you'd have an amazing time there :)
    spelling mistakes were put there so at least 1 pedantic smartass would read the whole post,and fingers crossed, point them out to me:rolleyes:

Overheal wrote: »
    1) Mountain Bike? Cycling/Cycling Adverts

2) Insurance Question? Consumer Issues

Oh wait, sorry :pBanking & Insurance & Pensions

You've just posted your questions in the incorrect forums is all. Lets call a mulligan a mulligan.
    dats right.......and regional posts in the ermm,em. well they just doint go anywhere do they?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Stating the obvious.....................
    Have you PMed the mod in question? :rolleyes:

koolkid wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

did you read the 1st post? it clearly says i did.

spelling mistakes were put there so at least 1 pedantic smartass would read the whole post,and fingers crossed, point them out to me:rolleyes:

That's not nice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And his reason was???

That's not nice.
    neither is your sarcasim

• Advertisement

neither is your sarcasim

If there's something weird, and it don't look good...
    Who you gonna call? Spellczechers!

Seriously, there are different forums for different things.
    You just have to get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,502 ✭✭✭✭looksee

neither is your sarcasim

I'm a pedant! I saw what you did there! You got me to read a whole four words and comment!

And his reason was???
    nope....you havent read the post have you?

this is pointless kid if your not going to read the original post.

looksee wrote: »
    I'm a pedant! I saw what you did there! You got me to read a whole four words and comment!
    3 actually!

everybody knows "is" isnt a word,so there!

If there's something weird, and it don't look good...
    Who you gonna call? Spellczechers!

Seriously, there are different forums for different things.
    You just have to get used to it.
    nope magenta,dont have to get useta anything.....motor questions go in the motoring forum....thats not the reason my thread was locked..
    as for the guy in limerick,i really dont mind/care but it was just a reminder to me of the little jobsworths moderating here.
    i use another forum letsbet.ie and theres no nazi like mods there and its a very sucessfull and friendly forum..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

And his reason was???

:confused:

nope magenta,dont have to get useta anything.....motor questions go in the motoring forum....thats not the reason my thread was locked..
    It was an Insurance question.
    i use another forum letsbet.ie and theres no nazi like mods there and its a very sucessfull and friendly forum..
    /waves

seriously though, why does that matter?

as for the guy in limerick,i really dont mind/care but it was just a reminder to me of the little jobsworths moderating here.

1,027 members. Numbers Boards can only dream of!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Moderators here are awful. One time, a few After Hours moderators found where I lived, they must've been waiting outside for a while so when I went out to the pub, they followed me and roughed me up a bit, all because I posted a thread that belonged elsewhere.

That's dedication.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sometimes on boards thread titles promise so little yet deliver so much. Sometimes the opposite is the case. I would suggest changing the title of this thread to "Regional forum discourages bicycle sales" so I don't have to read it again or alternatively I would suggest applying for a job in the Daily Mail.
    If the thread remained open for a few months we'd get some good publicity though.
    "Moderators solve limerick bicycle crime ring"
    Stark wrote: »
    That's dedication.
    He got his revenge. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Funny you should say that.

Ever since I started 'that' thread last, the one with the 'Poll'.

There have been some funny looking dudes hanging about my street.

One of them followed me to Centra and then "accidentally" smacked into me spilling me Slush Puppy :mad:

Course, that's all a coincidence I suppose :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This thread needs lolcats...

Don't tempt me.
    Pol Pot
    ........?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

That brings back memories :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'm ignoring the op cos it's crap (but I would welcome it being moved to Spell Czechs for further analysis.

So I'm focussing on Overheals reply. More importantly on Overheals modships...

Why is there a Feed Forward Private forum? Doesn't that go against the whole ideal behind Feed Forward ... i.e. that it shouldn't be private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Overheal wrote: »
    Don't tempt me.

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

I would suggest applying for a job in the Daily Wail.

FYP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Do you have a link to the thread? It might help put things in context. If it was somebody looking to buy a bike, then it is probably more suited to adverts.ie. If we let everyone post up commercially slanted threads, the place would be over run with people trying to make a quick buck. That's what adverts.ie is for. :)
    ,theres more free speech in a pol pot run regime.

And that's the way it is designed. This is a privately owned website, the owners (and possibly the moderators) could be held legally responsible in a court of law for things posted on the website. There is no free speech on the internet, simple as. Try setting up your own discussion forum, allowing everyone to post anything they like. Then set aside a large room for the legal threats you will receive. ;)
    i rarley post now,a waste of my time

I am sorry to hear that, but could I suggest you check out a few other forums where things aren't as serious? It can be a bit of a laugh and should ease you into the way things work around here.

I have,I read them all. I should have made the point clearer. You PMed the mod in question& you were not happy with the response. Your next step would be to PM a cMod. You will get better response than coming on here being critical of mods.
    1,027 members. Numbers Boards can only dream of!!! :D
    Ahhh some day lads. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Please don't move to letsbet.ie if you do their members will far outway Boards.ie...it could spell the end :pac:

Anyway the motor thread makes sense as it sounds like you were trying to dodge VRT which in fairness people are going to be annoyed about so they are going to comment on that.

If somebody is looking for a bike or something to do with a bike boards.ie has a cycle forum or even adverts,

In short if you had it your way anyone could post anything in ANY forum, we might as well close every forum and move all the posts to afterhours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement