Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sliabh Bloom - Sunday, 2 May

• 26-04-2010 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

So who's doing this one. It's my first sportive of the year, I'm looking forward to it. I done it two years ago - don't remember much except I really enjoyed it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Think I'll have to miss this one - family party on the day before :D

Excellent, well organised event and 2 nice climbs:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I'm probably going to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Looks good, can't see from the website, but is there sign-on on the day and what is the cost?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭tulachmhor

Strongly thinking of doing this myself.
    The Slieve Blooms are where I do alot of training so it is very appealing indeed.
    Any info on how it pans out in terms of numbers taking part,pace,and suchlike?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I arrived 10 minutes late for this so spent the first 50 odd km riding this one, caught up with a bunch and strolled into the food stop. However I met up with the other lads at the food stop and we headed on again.

First climb of the day up Sliabh Bloom was shortly after the food stop and it's a long draggy climb. Initially the group stayed together and although not the steepest of climbs, it went on for a while and it was long enough to put gaps between lads.

However our group regrouped on the other side of the climb and road well together until the second climb. Although this was an easier climb, I decided to go with three other lads who really pushed me to the limit. I was very happy with my progress until I got a puncture with about of kilometre to the top. Not being able to find if I was able to stay with the lads was annoying but knowing that the group will be well gone when I was back on the bike again was very depressing, particularly since I done the first 50 odd km on my own. The food stop was my saviour again as the boys (and a girl) were there and I was able to ride home with them. We worked well together and in by 3pm.

I suppose a strong cold shower made the last hour or so a freezing misery (although it meant we could thaw out in the warm therapy pool) but otherwise a great day, a great ride, well run, load of food and another thumbs up for Carlow RCC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

That's fair tippin Toblerone to catch back up with a bunch.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

That's fair tippin Toblerone to catch back up with a bunch.

Unfortunately not as good as it sound :o, I caught up with the second bunch, the crowd who would have fell off the main bunch.

BTW, what's your excuse, I was full sure I was going to see you at the food hall. Surely they didn't have you working on the Sunday of a BH wkd?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Unfortunately not as good as it sound :o, I caught up with the second bunch, the crowd who would have fell off the main bunch.

BTW, what's your excuse, I was full sure I was going to see you at the food hall. Surely they didn't have you working on the Sunday of a BH wkd?

Yeah, it's our busiest weekend. I'd say the TdKK will be my first although I'm going to try make it to the MCC200.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement