Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

furniture depot

Options
  • 26-04-2010 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

just wondering if anyone with a deposit or goods paid to furniture depot has been contacted by them in relation to their purchases. i have deposit of 600 euro on a suite and keep being told that they are sending out letters this week ... every week. now i see they are selling off their stock this weekend. surely they would want to sell me my suite and get fully paid for it rather than sell it off cheaper to some one else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

got a letter yesterday from the liquidator saying that while we had paid for goods they are the property of the manufacturer until furniture depot pay them. he is trying to negotiate with them to allow FD sell them to us and then pay the manufacturer and will be in touch but I dont hold out much hope....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 damian hunston

got a letter yesterday and i lost 1200 euro deposit after all the lies from the company, i heard that they where taking deposits up to 6 weeks before it closed why won,t they give everyone a credit note for the massive sale on friday at 10.00am in the wexford shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 furnitureman

Hi All, apparently the liquidator is not running the sale even though its advertised as a liquidation sale. A customer told me today that the staff said they had more furniture coming in, how would you have more furniture coming in if you were liquidating the stock you had to pay everyone you owed money to.Why is the liquidator not running the sale instead of this "twincob" company.

got a phone call that my sofa was going to be delivered next week i got a van and drove down to wexford myself after going from shop to warehouse got my sofa and didn,t lose my deposit after all the hassle and letters.the twincob ltd company are doing a roaring trade i bought a item and had to wait an hour to collect from a different unit. its mad down there they can,t take in the money quick enough,keep ringing the furniture depot 053 number they might have u item in stock.but i will never even pay for even a concert ticket in advance.i had to deal with twincob,furniture depot ,liquidator never again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Same thing to me and many others last year - do a search for Jim Langan Furniture and read the comments/outcomes.

Fortunately paid by Credit Card and was able to make a charge back - this really is best course of action - give up on the furniture, get money back and buy again (if possible).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭thebiglad

got a phone call that my sofa was going to be delivered next week i got a van and drove down to wexford myself after going from shop to warehouse got my sofa and didn,t lose my deposit after all the hassle and letters.the twincob ltd company are doing a roaring trade i bought a item and had to wait an hour to collect from a different unit. its mad down there they can,t take in the money quick enough,keep ringing the furniture depot 053 number they might have u item in stock.but i will never even pay for even a concert ticket in advance.i had to deal with twincob,furniture depot ,liquidator never again

Just pay by credit card, generally you will be protected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 timbarr

thats mad that you got your furniture, good for you. how did that come about -who rang you about your order?

the furniture depot rang me ring on tuesday its the 053 number

Advertisement