Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cats

Options
  • 27-04-2010 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey Everybody , I thought i would start a thread for my cat who is lost since Thursday , I see in the other forums that say cats are known to go missing and come back, My cat is neutered and gets so much attention here , I adore him , He has never ever gone missing , he is an out door cat.
    I did the poster thing and I advise its a bad idea putting a phone number on because I did it and I have been geting horrible prank calls because of it , I am from a rough area so its hard not to think these things have not happened , Any how I think a search team for missing cats is needed , I would love to help any other owner . My cat is on all of the websites now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭mollymascara

Really sorry to hear your cat has gone missing :(

You mentioned that you've done the flyers and websites, have you been to/contacted any local rescue centres etc, even just leave the details with them, just another option to consider if you havent already.

Good luck to you, think its admirable that you would like to help other owners :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 crown

He is up on the ispca website too , Thanks for that advise im going to get in touch with the vets tomorrow, Is there a north Dublin cat pound I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ghost_ie

Cats do wander, sometimes for long periods. One of my father's cats strolled calmly back into the house after an absence of 6 months. Is it possible that your cat has got locked in somewhere - a shed or garage in the area, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

I have two tom cats and both are neutered. One in particular has a habit of wandering for a few days at a time but most times he is across the road in a neighbours house as she has a cat flap on her shed door and she also has two cats so he goes visiting :D
    Check with all the vets in the area and also the rescue centres and the pounds as well.
    Hope he comes back soon x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

I really hope he comes back.

I've had cats wander off for 3 months and come back (one used to always do it , one did once) and even neutered cats that wander off for a week or two . . . or three. I hope the posters work, my kitten went missing a few months ago for 4 days but someday saw the poster and called us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lost&foundpets.ie I think is another site you could put an ad up on, we also have a lost & found thread here in the forum too which I see you've also posted in which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭mollymascara

crown wrote: »
    He is up on the ispca website too , Thanks for that advise im going to get in touch with the vets tomorrow, Is there a north Dublin cat pound I wonder?

Maybe give these a try:

The Cat and Dog Protection Association of Ireland

Carmichael House
    North Brunswick Street
    Dublin 7
    Tel: (01) 888 0828/ 01-8779023
    Email: catsprotection@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 crown

Thanks i just emailed the Cat and Dog Protection Association of Ireland, Is there a list of vets I can email on here , does any one know , thanks for the advise & support every1 !

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

This time of the year with people mowing their lawns Cats can get trapped in neighbour sheds, maybe an idea to knock on a few on your neighbours doors and ask them to check their sheds if they have been in it recently.

Advertisement