Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bought fixed from here?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all, just wondering has anyone bought anything from this website?
    http://www.fixedgearfrenzy.co.uk/
    I am looking to buy a Fixed Gear bike for my commute to work and around city centre, not as a fashion statement although they do look well. Anyone bought from here? As someone who wouldn't know a huge amount about bikes etc. what are the prices like? 20 pounds shipping from UK seems good enough so that end is fine. Hope you can help!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Create/Unipack bikes have a very poor reputation, cheap components put together badly etc. Do a search on lfgss.com.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

kaawaazoo wrote: »
    I am looking to buy a Fixed Gear bike for my commute to work and around city centre, not as a fashion statement although they do look well. Anyone bought from here? As someone who wouldn't know a huge amount about bikes etc. what are the prices like? 20 pounds shipping from UK seems good enough so that end is fine. Hope you can help!
    It's hard to tell from the description. My first fixie was around that price (NY Cycles), I though what was there to go wrong? The rear hub thread stripped after about a month, that's what...
    I'd look for a second hand Pompino, Langster, etc., they go for around that price. Especially the On-one Pompino, cuz Steel is Real...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Their chains are also know to snap. I'd sell you a Giant Bowery Mashup with a few scratches for around the same price, better components plus you get brakes in the deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A guy I work with got one off the ebay shop. Says it does the job, nothing fancy, but he hasn't any problems. Apparently though they are improving with quality over time. You could but a good quality fixed gear from your LBS between 400 and 600 euro usually with parts and service for at least a year (I got mine with two) and it's alot easier to bring back or get things sorted if quality isn't up to scratch.

after that you should pick up a reasonable 2nd hand one for between 200 and 400

• Registered Users Posts: 21 davem75

Nice bikes but at the current exchange rate (£247 = €285) So I think a good second hand would save you some cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭sweetswing

kaawaazoo wrote: »
    i was given one of these the other week and i have no use for it , if your the right height for it you can have it for free mate, so question is what height are you? and what size would you say would fit you? if your a close enough fit you can have it , but if your way off ill offer it up to someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 kaawaazoo

I'm just under 5"10 I reckon... how does that sound? Thats very decent of you but I couldn't take it off ya without properly sorting you out. PM me what ya think

Advertisement