Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Design

Options
  • 27-04-2010 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi.

I am looking for designs for a new Mixed Martial Arts company that are starting to produce MMA shorts, hoodies, tshirts etc. At the moment, we cannot afford to pay for designs but as the company progresses we will be employing designers as we hope to sell an extensive range of top quality products, so here is a chance to make an impression! If interested please PM me.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭freelancerTax

Hi.

I am looking for some free MMA merchandise, i am a wannabe MMA figher that is starting to train to fight etc. At the moment, i cannot afford to pay for anything but as i move up the rankings i will be seeking sponsorship and selling advertising space (there is a possiblility of a discount if you give me loads of free stuff), so here is a chance to make an impression! If interested please PM me.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Brian Wex

Hi.

I am looking for some free MMA merchandise, i am a MMA figher that is starting to fight a small local venues etc. At the moment, i cannot afford to pay for anything but as i move up the rankings i will be seeking sponsorship and selling advertising space, so here is a chance to make an impression! If interested please PM me.

Thank you.

Appreciate the comment, however we are not in the position to give away "freebies" to wannabe MMA fighter as you call yourself. We have given some of our product to well known established MMA fighters who will be wearing them in upcoming televised events. We just thought that a designer starting out would jump at the oppurtunity to have their own work out in the public eye and in the Irish MMA scene, as we are.

did that seriously go over your head???

are you f***ing serious?

you expect someone to design your stuff for you - offering NOTHING in retrun save that "they have a chance to make an impression". could you not offer a percentage of takings from the sales of the persons designs or is that "all your money"???? WTF

you say you have no money to pay for the designs? well do you have money to buy stock?

i hate this bullsh!t.

did that seriously go over your head???

No, it didnt. To be honest its just not my style to entertain this type of goading.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

i would say the same about the first post in this thread, but i really felt i should say something

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

This sort of thing happens in the photography forum all the time and gets the exact same reaction.
    Something must be offered in return IMO.

anyone who takes you up on your so called offer is an idiot, they will never see any benefit from it. all they are doing is making a greedy person money.

you do realise that designers have expenses even if they do work for free they still need to pay for software and hardware - commercial licences for such software isnt cheap either.

are you f***ing serious?

you expect someone to design your stuff for you - offering NOTHING in retrun save that "they have a chance to make an impression". could you not offer a percentage of takings from the sales of the persons designs or is that "all your money"???? WTF

you say you have no money to pay for the designs? well do you have money to buy stock?

i hate this bullsh!t.

Well as I said before we ourselves are just starting out and no we wont be making profit from the order in question. Our brand is going to be worn by professional and semi-professional Irish MMA fighters on a televised show so that in itself is great publicity, we were mearly wondering if anybody interested in becoming a prospective client of ours was interested in showing us a few designs first and talk money later when we have final design drafts and orders etc. We are obviously not going to use any designs without anybodys permission. Judging from my PMs there are a few people are interested in my post. If there are any more potential designers who would like their design seen by a huge number of the MMA Irish scene and following that would be interested in some SERIOUS business please continue to PM me thank you to the genuinely interested people.

yes people always remember to do work first, talk money later......oh no wait

good luck to any mugs "clients" applying for this

• Advertisement

yes people always remember to do work first, talk money later......oh no wait

good luck to any mugs "clients" applying for this

Are you done??
    God you do tend to go on a bit for somebody who has no interest or involvement on the matter :rolleyes:

just tring to prevent some poor innocent being exploited thats all.

if you were doing it the right way and offering renumeration for the work i wouldnt have said anything, but your not are you?

potentional possiblility of working again in the future together maybe for money..... sounds tempting????

Brian Wex wrote: »
    Well as I said before we ourselves are just starting out and no we wont be making profit from the order in question. Our brand is going to be worn by professional and semi-professional Irish MMA fighters on a televised show so that in itself is great publicity

so getting such exposure will sell more gear generating profit - i still dont see the problem paying for designs

and its great publicity for you, not much good to a designer to have worked for a small startup and unprofessional company is it?.

just tring to prevent some poor innocent being exploited thats all.

if you were doing it the right way and offering renumeration for the work i wouldnt have said anything, but your not are you?

potentional possiblility of working again in the future together maybe for money..... sounds tempting????

Well if you had actually asked a few questions or shown genuine interest like others have then you might see that yes indeed we are of course offering remuneration!! There is no maybe about money, if working together in the future. Of course we want to see design work and potential before agreeing to a business deal, we are not going to just start paying anybody who shows us a potentail design. There is a one-time, non-profit order with massive potential that most people would be delighted to be a part of. Everything after that is strictly business.

so what are you offering? potential future work?

so getting such exposure will sell more gear generating profit - i still dont see the problem paying for designs

and its great publicity for you, not much good to a designer to have worked for a small startup and unprofessional company is it?.

Well yes that is generally the plan..we get exposure..we get business...we sign up a designer....we pay designer.

The logo that is to be worn by the fighters is our own logo, which we have already PAID a designer.....of course after seeing his drafts...like I said we dont just pay up front without making sure we are happy with the end product. That was the idea of this thread to see designers drafts, to see if there are any that we would consider doing business with. LIKE I SAID we are not going paying every Tom Dick and Hrry money who sends us some sample designs. We are not guaranteeing paid jobs automatically, we want to see the competition out there.

Brian Wex wrote: »
    Well if you had actually asked a few questions or shown genuine interest like others have then you might see that yes indeed we are of course offering remuneration!! There is no maybe about money, if working together in the future.

thats a big if. in this industry that is a very common carrot - we will work together in the future, big money i swear!!! always bull****

Of course we want to see design work and potential before agreeing to a business deal, we are not going to just start paying anybody who shows us a potentail design. There is a one-time, non-profit order with massive potential that most people would be delighted to be a part of. Everything after that is strictly business.

what you looking for there mate is a portfolio - not designs FOR FREE you can use to expand your business

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement