Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killer Pussy

13»

Comments

I've been locked in a room a few times and eaten pussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

2yr old thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

I'm sure mine thinks about it from time to time. Cats are evil, they can be affable enough when it suits them but they're nature is evil. I know she wants to torture me to the extremities just like she does with every other living thing that's smaller than her. Cats thoroughly enjoy killing things, so I know mine entertains herself with these thoughts. Woke up one night to find her lying across my face, obviously trying to smother me. She sleeps outside now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

People who think that cats don't have the same personality, loyalty or offer the same kind of companionship as a dog just don't spend enough time around cats. Sure, dogs are more in your face about it (which is kind of annoying in itself), but if you own a cat for long enough and look after it properly (which I've found a lot of people don't because they think a cat doesn't need the same level of care as a dog, and just leave them outdoors and feed them once in a while), you'll see what great pets they are. Cats are great companions. Unlike dogs, you have to earn the loyalty and trust of a cat, it's not just there right from the beginning. But when you do, they are incredibly loving creatures. My old cat (sadly died) loved each and every one of us in the family. It took a while though. When we first got him, he was terrified of us and everything, but after a few months came round and eventually became a part of the family, particularly attached to my father (followed him around the house, sprawled out on Dad's chest when he was watching television, sleeping at the foot of the bed when Dad was bed-ridden for a time during illness). He was one of the best pets we've ever had, and typically my father hates cats (we only got him on my insistence), but he loved that cat.

They do have different personalities - my friend's family own seven cats, and trust me, after spending a lot of time around them, it is clear that they all have different personalities.

Also, the whole 'dogs won't eat you when you're dead, a cat will' thing is dumb. So what if a cat eats you? What do you care? You're dead.

I prefer cats to dogs any day. Does that mean some people will think I'm disloyal or a narcissist? Don't really care. Pretty ridiculous to judge someone on their pet preferences without knowing them.

All that said, both dogs and cats make great pets, but cats, in my experience, just need more time before they'll hand over their loyalty and respect. You have to earn it. Contrary to popular belief, I actually think cats are harder work than dogs (in the sense of getting to know them). Maybe that's why some people don't like them. :)

Totally agree. I love dogs too but cats are my favourite. My 2 cats only come to me which is pretty cool I think:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

My friend: Oh let me let the cat in she's so cute
    *cat runs in and leaps for my neck getting her claws in*
    I could feel how deep they were and was standing still as my friend laughed adding that "she is so playful, she likes you.. ohh did she scratch you when she jumped up?"

*takes cat off my neck and starts cuddling it*

close call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Watched a film on Netflix the other night called Teeth ...it is all about a Killer Pussy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Wibbs wrote: »
    Dogs(and wolves) understand pointing at things. Chimps dont to nearly the same degree which is fascinating in of itself. They're more intelligent than cats from a human point of view. Some dogs have large vocabularies, its not just in the tone. I know a guy whose dog only responds as Gaelige. :eek: You can natter at him in english and nada. So unless youre a gaelgoir burgler forget about it.

They dont understand pointing initially, it is learned (have trained loads of sheepdogs/cattledogs. As for the commands that would be learned also. Rest of it is fine (i know nathin about chimps)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I find that people dislike cats and their personality because they try to treat them like dogs, and expect the same type of relationship a dog would provide. Different animal altogether and require different forms of attention.

I love cats, I have cats in my neighborhood who run over to me and literally hug me and jump into my arms when they see me. Adorbale soft little things. I just wish I had one of my own. (crazy neighborhood cat guy here)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Laurence_OC

Well think about it, it is possible...they have some sharp ass claws so them catching you in the right place and you could be ordering grave pizza. I like cats though..i find their inquisitive nature cute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yeah that dogs never eat their owners thing is complete bull. Has happened alot. If any animal is left locked inside, with their owner dead and nobody to feed them, eventually they're going to eat whats available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

This

Versus..

This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Anti Nowhere League

Well I've f*cked a sheep, and I've f*cked a goat,
    I rammed my cock right down its throat....

So What! SO WHAT!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

cocoshovel wrote: »
    I find that people dislike cats and their personality because they try to treat them like dogs, and expect the same type of relationship a dog would provide. Different animal altogether and require different forms of attention.

I love cats, I have cats in my neighborhood who run over to me and literally hug me and jump into my arms when they see me. Adorbale soft little things. I just wish I had one of my own. (crazy neighborhood cat guy here)

U single?;) Just kiddin:D

So What! SO WHAT!!!!!!!

Scarleh for ya:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

So What! SO WHAT!!!!!!!

I can sense you will be a fantastic addition and contributor to boards.ie ;)

cocoshovel wrote: »

So you're a bit of a pussy magnet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

Yeah Lion's & Tigers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

If you died in a room with cats, they will eat you to survive if they couldn't get out.

A dog will lie down with you and wait to die before he would feed off you to stay alive.

I'd eat you if I was starving and had nothing else to eat.

Nom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Wibbs wrote: »
    I love how cat lovers claim their pets are cleaner. Yea next time I come around to your gaff I'll shower in my own spittle. They transmit way more diseases than dogs, and then for a laugh insist on walking across kitchen surfaces. The owners often think this "cute". I don't. Get your leprous moggie away from any food you may produce for me later thanks very much. Oh and I love how you cleverly placed the shítter litter box in the kitchen(I kid you not, it seems to be a common place for it) I've found moggie owners less hygenic than dog owners. Cats produce more allergies too. Apparently kids raised with dogs have less allergies than kids without any pets.

Personality? No contest. While some cats can be clued in, most personality is projected on to them by their owners. Dog owners do similar, but there's usually more reality behnd it.

Usefulness. Game over. Seeing eye cats for the blind? Nope. Police cats? nope. Search and rescue cats? Nope. Rat catchers? Eh funny enough nope, terriers are way better than any cat at that lark. Guard cats? Eh defo nope. A budgie is more use. Drug sniffer cats? Nope again. They're even trying to train dogs natural and strange ability to spot upcoming epileptic events in their owners. Some dogs have even spotted skin cancers in their owners. Pawing at the area and drawing attention to it.

We've been around dogs and they've been around us for longer and we can read each other very well. Dogs(and wolves) understand pointing at things. Chimps dont to nearly the same degree which is fascinating in of itself. They're more intelligent than cats from a human point of view. Some dogs have large vocabularies, its not just in the tone. I know a guy whose dog only responds as Gaelige. :eek: You can natter at him in english and nada. So unless youre a gaelgoir burgler forget about it.

Cat owners would worry me anyway. They make a virtue of disloyalty independence and selfishness in their chosen pets. I'd trust a dog owner more.

End rant :eek::D
    Eh, wrong:eek: My cats know when I'm going to have an epileptic seizure and will meow at me and generally make a fuss until I sit/lay down. They also knew before I did that I had a cyst in my breast. When I'm ill they will flank me one either side of me on the bed and keep an eye on me. One of them waits on the garden wall for my husband to come home from work every night, he doesn't want anything, he just misses him. I love both dogs and cats but you have to gain a cats love they don't love blindly as dogs do.:p

Advertisement