Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Internet Issues

Options
  • 27-04-2010 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

recently bought myself a 3 sim and popped it into my Sony Ericsson W995 and been trying to get the internet and picture message settings since. The website drops connection when i try and get them sent, and when it doesnt it sends me to the english website.

Can anyone tell me what i need to do to sort it out as i do need my MMS and Mobile Internet set up before next week (for google maps on the phone)

Their website says the following:

1. Go to Settings > Message settings > Picture Message/MMS
    2. For the messaging server, please enter http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc
    3. For the Access Point (APN) setting, please enter 3ireland.ie

but my MMS still never send and i cant receive any and my internet is just as bad.

1. Go to your phone settings menu and select connection settings.
    2. Go to your internet settings and create a new connection profile and name it “3”
    3. For APN, please enter “3ireland.ie”. You can leave all other settings blank.
    4. Save this and select this as your default connection profile.
    5. Open your internet browser or select web.
    6. Enter the following web address: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/HutchKey
    7. Once this page has loaded, it’s a good idea to bookmark this page or set it as your homepage.
    these are the steps but nothing works.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Mate, this really is a call for 3 Mobile. There customer care will be better able to fix this problem for you.

If you have followed the guide and nothing has happent , it could be a known issue with the phone and 3 will have the work around for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Moved from Nets & Comms

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

already spoke to them and they said i'd to go to the website and enter the details there manually, same as i was told in the shop. But still no use. So was hoping someone here could throw up there settings.
    My mobile internet is working, but the mms still isnt working.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This should help you:
    3 MMS

connection name:3MMS
    data bearer: packet data
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    username: none
    prompt password:no
    password: none
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    network type:IPv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers (DNS): automatic
    proxy address:mms.3ireland.ie
    proxy port:8799

nice one exactly what i was looking for. thanks mate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

These details are exactly what I was searching for too. I spent literally one hour on the phone to 3, which was a callcenter in India, trying to get the details. I was given to a team leader and all trying to sort it out, and they still couldn't do it.

You are a Saint.

still hasnt sorted it 100% but i almost managed to receive an MMS last night so i'm getting closer it just wont let me download it, but at least i'm getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Anyone got good reports about using Three?
    I'm looking for the free internet, but I'm a sucker for some free texts.
    No point in me switching from my Meteor Browse & Text to Three if it's still as ****e as it seemed to be when I was on the phone to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone got good reports about using Three?
    I'm looking for the free internet, but I'm a sucker for some free texts.
    No point in me switching from my Meteor Browse & Text to Three if it's still as ****e as it seemed to be when I was on the phone to them.

There is a thread about using the Three network round here somewhere.
    I myself been using the the three network a few years now and never had a prob with the them, phones, support or Internet... but thats just me I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

vodafone seem to be good for internet. if you sign up to 360 u get 100mb a day for 39c. im abroad at present and its still 39c a day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ci2co

Did you ever get MMS to work on your W995?

If you did I would be interested in how you set it up,

Thanks dude!

actually no i didnt and i got fed up trying to get answers off 3 directly so i went to the shop, the guy set it up for me, happy days, so i left had someone send me an MMS and bingo! Nothing happened, so i tried to send one, nope wouldnt send came up as "could not be sent"

So now i'm with o2, coverage on 3 was terrible (i live in the country side) so i kept missing important calls even when it said i'd a bar or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ci2co

Got it just now...

Here' what I did on my W995:

Set up your internet settings by creating a Profile, I called '3'
    Enter only the APN: '3ireland.ie'
    Save
    Check if it works by going to any website

Now go to picture message settings and create a new profile, I called it '3MMS'
    Enter Message Server details: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc/
    Connect using: Create new
    I called mine 'MMSdata'
    Enter the APN ('3ireland.ie') and switch on multiple proxies. Proxy: 'mms.3ireland.ie'; port: '8799'
    Save

At first glance this should work... but .. it did not

So I switched the two profiles around..

Go to internet settings and select to connect through the MMSdata account. But edit the account by removing the proxies
    Save

Go back to picture message settings and connect through '3'. But again edit the account by adding the proxy 'mms.3ireland.ie'; port: '8799'.
    Save

This 'swapping' around worked for me and I can receive/ send MMS and also surf the internet...

This info might help some of you.

Good luck!

Advertisement