Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouestion?

Options
  • 27-04-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭

If you wanted to do arts in UCD...but you didn't thing you would get the points...would you repeat in the institute.... or would you do a Plc linked course that would get you in to the course you want?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

PLC, no question about it with me anyway. It's an extra qualification, doesn't cost what The Institute does and gets you the same place. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I think I am your twin in the sense we share the exact thoughts... It's repeat for me anyway if it comes to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I personally wouldn't repeat in the institute unless I was going for medicine. I would look at doing a plc course.

What do you think you will get in the LC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

were n the same boat :) What PLC were u looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Its not for me:D..its for my daughter ...she was asking me this ...you can do a linked Plc course that you combine with your leaving to get a place in college..but she thinks she might be better repeating ...she is not sure what to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

hmm repeating will take its toll, the only course that links with arts that ive haerd of is pre-arts in dunboyne!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Without sounding rude but there are also other Arts courses in the country. Would they not be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

There are a couple of linked Plc courses ...one is in in Dunlaoghaire and one in Rathmines.... that i know of ...the standard you have to get on the plc course is high ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

If a PLC will get you where you want to go, then do it. Repeating sucks.

Advertisement