Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's First Trad Tattoo & World Culture Fest

• 27-04-2010 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

Hey there guys,

Haven't posted here much, have been more of a serial lurker but thought some of you might find this interesting if you haven't already heard of it.

Cool that things like this are starting to crop up in Ireland too imo. :)

http://www.originalskin.ie/festival

If this has already been posted or if I've put it in the wrong place, please feel free to move/delete this mods. :)

Enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Cool, shame I wont be around for it. Would have liked the opportunity to try speak to Pat Fish as my ongoing tattoo is in a style similar to her celtic spiral work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭mig mag

Cheers for the info :) Hopefully will get to check it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

No bothers, I'll definately be making it, sounds like a great idea and it's finally going on in Cork. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭NikNakOoo

Damn shame I'm away on holidays when it's on... looks like a great event.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sligo22

hmmm interesting...but no Irish artists on the line up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

Sligo22 wrote: »
    hmmm interesting...but no Irish artists on the line up?

ross nagle and robbie coventry both are irish:)

ross nagle and robbie coventry both are irish:)

sorry..my bad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Has anyone here had tattoos done with more traditional methods? I notice they mention hand tapping and needle and thread methods, anyone had these done? Much difference in results? More pain?

dearg lady wrote: »
    Has anyone here had tattoos done with more traditional methods? I notice they mention hand tapping and needle and thread methods, anyone had these done? Much difference in results? More pain?

No not personally, but i have a friend who had some work done by a traditional japenese artist. they use a bamboo rod tipped with 24 steel needles. he said it was agony.hes heavily tattooed;so would'nt be a wimp!!! but some of the colour work done with this method in particular is really amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

c - 13 wrote: »
    Cool, shame I wont be around for it. Would have liked the opportunity to try speak to Pat Fish as my ongoing tattoo is in a style similar to her celtic spiral work.

Fair play, I'm making a deposit there now soon to have my arm done by her. $200 deposit like, hopefully I won't be charged through the arse. That having been said, she's one of the best Celtic artists out there to be honest, it's definitely a privilege to get work done by her, I only found out by accident she was even coming to this convention, I'm always on her site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17 dawalster

hmmm interesting...but no Irish artists on the line up?[/QUOTE]

there are a few irish artists working at the tattoo show in cork. Wally (sligo) phil cummins (cobh) robbie (dublin) and ross (limerick i think) and probably others too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm gonna bump this because it's this weekend and there's an artist attending i'd be interested in, but I'm a dub who does'nt drive and this look's like it's being held out in the arseh*le of nowhere :eek:

Is there anny way to get to from cobh to this place that's reliable and does'nt involve riding shanks mare? I wouldnt wanna be stuck out in the sticks after dark like :pac:

Advertisement