Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Recommend me a good current football manager game

• 27-04-2010 10:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests! Looking for a good football manager game as I have some time on my hands! Realism, current and enjoyable is what im after!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If you're wanting one for the 360, the latest and best is Football Manager 2008.

There is Football Manager 2010 on the pc though which would be a far better option.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If you're wanting one for the 360, the latest and best is Football Manager 2008.

There is Football Manager 2010 on the pc though which would be a far better option.

Invest in laptop or pc,football manager 2010 is the only way to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Good stuff lads
    Will invest in the pc version then.
    Pity theres not a 360 version!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Good stuff lads

I think game developers were in agreement that FM games are meant for PC. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Good stuff lads

Carefull though,it might start to over your life..........

• Advertisement

That is a possibility...

however it might drag me away from my severe addiction to modern warfare 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Has to be played on a laptop while sitting in front of the TV watching boxsets of the Wire!!

The xbox version was ok but youreally miss the mouse for navigation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I couldn't possibly play Football Manager on the console. The mouse is a must. I played FM 2005 (I think it was the first FM after Championship Manager 4?) and loved it, haven't really done much with any of the new ones until FM10.

It really is excellent though. I have a first season with Norwich sitting around for the last 2 or 3 months, where I'm top of League One with a few games to go. I managed to sign some really good players on frees, Campbell, Ball, Lauren, Mills, Smolarek.

The sign on frees and wages offered mightn't have been such a wise choice though.

Right ive dusted down the laptop and invested in pc version of football manager 2010. Briefly played it last night. Its extremely detailed and its gona take a while to get fully used to it. I have bypassed by belovit man utd and have taken the reigns from roy to manage ipswich for the season. not much money available however I did sneak richie de laet from manu. Just played the one match in which we destroyed the reserve team 5 nil. Promotion will be tough however! Will update my progress throughout the season!

Advertisement