Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Ericsson Vivas Unlock

Options
  • 27-04-2010 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi,

Has anyone managed to unblock one of these handsets. I have one from vodafone, I got the network unblock code but cant enter it...I checked the vodafone website as well as others online and the all giv instructions that dont work...

Power on phone (enter PIN code if requested to do so)
    Press the middle joystick to the left once
    Press the star (*) key twice & then press the middle joystick to the left once again
    The unlock code screen should now be displayed; there will be a number of padlocks on the screen
    The 1st padlock should be closed. Click on this and enter your NAC when prompted.
    Click yes to confirm.
    Your phone is now no longer assigned to the Vodafone network and you have the capability to operate your handset on any GSM network of your choice. However, you must purchase a SIM card for the other network you wish to use.

OK so the problem is that it is a compete touch screen so there isnt any left key to press... has anyone come across this problem before???

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Put in a SIM card belonging to a different network.

Power up and input the SIM Pin number.
    It will try to activate the SIM but since it is on the wrong network for the phone it will ask you for the NAC code. Type this in and hit OK or Enter. That should have the phone now unlocked. Easy way to do it for Touch Screen phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Try this
    1. Power on your phone (enter your PIN code if requested to do so), ensuring there is a Vodafone sim card inserted.
    2. Key in #pw+ NAC+1#
    (p is obtained by pressing the star(*) button 3 times,
    w is obtained by pressing the star (*)button 4 times and
    + is obtained by pressing the star(*) button twice.)
    3. SIM restriction off will appear on the display of the phone.

If you need to find some info on the Vivaz try looking for it under Satio as the Software on the phones is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

billbond4 wrote: »
    Try this
    1. Power on your phone (enter your PIN code if requested to do so), ensuring there is a Vodafone sim card inserted.
    2. Key in #pw+ NAC+1#
    (p is obtained by pressing the star(*) button 3 times,
    w is obtained by pressing the star (*)button 4 times and
    + is obtained by pressing the star(*) button twice.)
    3. SIM restriction off will appear on the display of the phone.

If you need to find some info on the Vivaz try looking for it under Satio as the Software on the phones is the same

Dont try this, that is a nokia unlocking procedure only. search google on how to enter an NCK for Sony Eric Vivas

It should be the same method as nokia runs Symbian OS also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I apologise if I'm wronging you I thought that that was a Nokia unlocking procedure and have never heard that this is an unlocking procedure for Sony Eric.

• Advertisement

The SE Satio and Vivaz are the only SE phones running Symbian, so it does look a bit funny alright to be using a Nokia unlock procedure.
    The SE method is usually <**< to bring up the unlock menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ggregg

i just used this on my vivaz and it works

Advertisement