Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideas for a weekend in Wales

• 27-04-2010 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Got a free ferry ticket so heading to Wales this weekend, and going to bring the bikes.

We have two half days and one full day, so looking for ideas for routes 50 - 150km.

Have done a search on here and got some ideas, and also obviously google. At the moment I'm thinking an easy half day doing a circuit of Anglesey, and then a full day either around Snowdonia national park or maybe part of Lon Las Cymru.

Anybody got any particular recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Peterx

there's brilliant mtb purpose built trails in Wales if you have mountain bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

There's a well-regarded 400 on there this weekend:

Brevet Cymru

And you'd have the pleasure of the company of me and emty (NB actual pleasure far from guaranteed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Peterx wrote: »
    there's brilliant mtb purpose built trails in Wales if you have mountain bikes.

Roadbikes only unfortunately, but thanks.
    rottenhat wrote: »
    There's a well-regarded 400 on there this weekend:

Brevet Cymru

And you'd have the pleasure of the company of me and emty (NB actual pleasure far from guaranteed).

Looks good, although a 400 is a bit alot beyond me at the moment. Roughly what is the route? (none of the maps will load on my computer at the moment, for some reason).

Also, will you and emty be sporting your Boards jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭rottenhat

Ah, I was only joking really - it's supposed to be a pretty tough 400. There's a map on Bikely.

I no longer have a Boards jersey (didn't fit very well so I sold it to Blorg), but emty might be wearing his (or else his Audax Ireland jersey).

If I were going on spec, I would actually take a look at the Challenge BIG website and see if I could stitch a few of the Welsh climbs together, but that would depend on your taste for climbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Ha! I knew you were joking, don't worry.

Thanks for the link, will start thinking about a plan.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭gmoorewest

Would recommend heading down around Snowdonia. I've stayed a few times in Betws y Coed and the cycling round there is great. Lots of routes on Bike Radar and a few on cycling weekly. I'm going to do the Dave Lloyd Mega Challenge in June,(well attempt some of it) the route is downloadable, it is around Northeast Wales. Going around Angelsy is ok but once past Bangor roads a much nicer IMO. Enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Advertisement