Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N8 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

Hi!

Product code = 059C5Q8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Same question, product code is 059D7X4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kanedmick wrote: »
    Hi!

Product code = 059C5Q8

Dark grey version from o2 i think.

rickyjb wrote: »
    Same question, product code is 059D7X4

Yours is dark grey (black) also which is meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Sorry to put a spanner in your works, but my black N8, sourced from e-Mobile but with no SIM lock (or network customisation), has product code 059C5Q8 too ;)

• Advertisement

KrisW wrote: »
    Sorry to put a spanner in your works, but my black N8, sourced from e-Mobile but with no SIM lock (or network customisation), has product code 059C5Q8 too ;)

The reason I said i think, was because this isnt an networks model, but an early version realised, so different networks had it, was just mostly on o2 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Davy wrote: »
    The reason I said i think, was because this isnt an networks model, but an early version realised, so different networks had it, was just mostly on o2 :)

mine was got from vodafone

long_b wrote: »
    Don't be shy with those reviews folks - plenty of fence sitters in the wings here !

Dont be shy with the questions either :pac:

mine was got from vodafone

Ye like I said they weren't assigned to just one network.

try mobile documents from nokia beta labs wont work if you have fring installed

• Advertisement

yeah you need to leave it running alright in the settings you can set when you want it to check for mail etc. if you add mail to the home screen it should give you a option to select it?

Just click hide and it will run in the backround. You can set the sync intervals in the options to every 5 mins to 2 hours, and then what days in the sync schedule. Its a bit more adaptive then nokia mail but wont work with as many accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lads have any of you bought the phone on Three and if so could you update to the new firmware even with the Three software on the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

twitter
    anybody have this on there phone
    any shortcuts to have this on homescreen
    new to this social network lark,just doing a study on it
    its a bit crappy having to go into the social app to login and get tweets and you have only to operator to choose from on the twitter site which is also crap

Gravity is the probably the best one for twitter > http://store.ovi.com/publisher/mobileways.de/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Shame the full version is €10 though!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Shame the full version is €10 though!

Ye but least you can have it on trial first, you dont have to throw a tenner away and then not like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yeah I know that...but €10 for an app kust for twitter is a bit excessive!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Yeah I know that...but €10 for an app kust for twitter is a bit excessive!

Thats not excessive, this is excessive = http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ivip-black/id321971059?mt=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

thanks for the advice Davy.like i said im just doing it for research and would like to have handy access to it should know all about this stuff myself but not into all that social network jazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭g0g

Took the plunge and got this phone in the end as it was only 40 quid. I'm coming from an N97 and so far so good with it! :)

Questions:
    1) Other than two posts way back in the thread I can't find many app recommendations. Let us know if you all have any!
    2) Is there no quick way to link your contacts to facebook etc with the social networks thingy? Seems like I have to do them one by one and the search never finds them that quick.

Initial Comments:
    It's smooth although I have to confess maybe a little bit slower than I expected!
    Not having a keyboard will take getting used to after the N97.
    Absolutely love having a GPS that finally works and doesn't seem to eat as much battery as N97 did while using it
    Watched the demo videos that came on it and quality is excellent.
    Battery life seems great so far.
    Won't connect to Nokia bluetooth in my car yet which is kinda annoying!
    Camera quality is top notch.
    Phone has a lovely "feel" about it!
    Will post more when I've played with it more!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 superspark

hi lads, been following this thread for a while and finally got an N8 myself, good phone a few small problems one of which seems to be the wifi, i'm with 3 and have the 2gb free but when i connect to the wifi at home through the connectivity it always seems to come up connecting to 3(01) and downloading it from my free data, if anyone can help i would appreciate it,
    thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Dunno if this will help, but you could try making your WLAN the first-choice access point:

Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Destinations > Internet

Change the priority of the access points to make your WLAN first-priority: Long-press on your WLAN and choose "Change priority", then tap the first item in the list of WLANs.[/QUOTE]
    this is from a krisw posted way back.
    sorry krisw

• Registered Users Posts: 32 superspark

yes i have the wlan set to priority 1 and 3(01) is priority 2, i have also tried disconnecting 3(01) and then going on through the wlan and it automatically reconnects through 3(01)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

superspark wrote: »
    yes i have the wlan set to priority 1 and 3(01) is priority 2, i have also tried disconnecting 3(01) and then going on through the wlan and it automatically reconnects through 3(01)

Is it all apps or one particular app ? If it's one app then maybe it has stored the connection point somewhere in its settings ?

in settings,(data in home network)set it to wlan only

superspark wrote: »
    i think thats your problem,set your (3)network to priority 2,why does it have the (01)
    there?:confused:
    donno but i think 01 is sharing priority 1,only thing i can think of you set
    it up wrong.
    davey or krisw will help you better than i can,sorry my man

• Advertisement

just thought bout it,and someone posted that they had this problem.
    and i dont know if this applys to you,but they had thier wlan set to
    128 encryption,you need to change it to 64 bit?
    again im not sure but worth a try.
    let us know how you get on:)

Advertisement