Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N8 Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

I can't get the social app too work. I touch it for it just too go back too the main screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

cena wrote: »
    I can't get the social app too work. I touch it for it just too go back too the main screen

You might have an outdated version. What OS are you running? Get the updated App and try again :)

ciarsd wrote: »
    You might have an outdated version. What OS are you running? Get the updated App and try again :)

I have updated eveyything. How can I reinstall it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have updated eveyything. How can I reinstall it again

Qt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Hi all, quick question, when i press the power key, up comes the usual list

switch off!
    lock screens and keys
    lock phone
    remove NO NAME
    activate power saving
    general
    and the rest of the profiles.

But what is "remove NO NAME"? and should i remove it.

Thanks in advance :D

edit SOLVED

ahyeahok wrote: »
    Hi all, quick question, when i press the power key, up comes the usual list

switch off!
    lock screens and keys
    lock phone
    remove NO NAME
    activate power saving
    general
    and the rest of the profiles.

But what is "remove NO NAME"? and should i remove it.

Thanks in advance :D

edit SOLVED

For anyone else who doesn't no, its the memory card.

Davy wrote: »
    Qt?

Whats Qt?

The ovi store on the phone doesn't even work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Qt?

Whats Qt?

Qt files

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

For anyone else who doesn't no, its the memory card.

oops sorry forgot to add that bit, thanks davy :D

• Advertisement

Whats Qt?

http://qt.nokia.com/products/

Download the packs and after a reboot it will get the ovi store and social working

Just signed in too the ovi store. I see I never down loaded social network client. Down load error comes up.

Just a little tip off,nokias ovi store has changed to the Nokia store just a rebranding,nothing has changed inside thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Just a little tip off,nokias ovi store has changed to the Nokia store just a rebranding,nothing has changed inside thanks.

Part of Nokia's move to get rid of the 'Ovi' moniker by the end of the year... will be glad to see the back of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭lolie

According to nokia discussions meteor have approved the Anna update so should be on ovi suite by the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

Where did you see that? Can't find it myself.

Latest releases

Australia, Canada & US still under work
    - 059C2K8 Vodafone Spain: We're still waiting for approval from Vodafone.
    - 059L0P4 Italy: I'm checking with the Italian team - only 3 Italy variants should be outstanding
    - 059F519 Slovenia: For this variant Symbian Anna is available - please check via OviSuite or the software update app in your phone.
    - 059C0G7 Vivo Brazil: We're still waiting for approval from Vivo
    - 059F0R6 Movistar Venezuela: We're still waiting for approval from Movistar
    - 059D7X4 Meteor Ireland: Meteor just approved Symbian Anna - please check for available updates around end of the week (via OviSuite only)
    - 059f027 Tmobile Croatia: Tmobile just approved Symbian Anna - please check for available updates around end of the week
    - 059c951 Tesco UK: We're still waiting for Tesco/O2 approval
    - 059G8B1 MTS Russia: We're still waiting for MTS approval
    - 059D7M5 Simobil Slovenia: We're still waiting for approval from Simobil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭kirving

Symbian Anna is now Available for Meteor branded N8's with product code 059D7X4.

Just open Nokia Software Updater, or OVI Suite and you'll be promped to update.

The update is not available OTA(over the air) and is 271 MB.

Good to see that Meteor have finally approved it, it was a very long wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Symbian Anna is now Available for Meteor branded N8's with product code 059D7X4.

Just open Nokia Software Updater, or OVI Suite and you'll be promped to update.

The update is not available OTA(over the air) and is 271 MB.

Good to see that Meteor have finally approved it, it was a very long wait.

My N8 has not been the same since I updated it - slow and unresponsive a lot of the time in the browser, slower icon response and loading etc. Wish I could go back :(

My N8 has not been the same since I updated it - slow and unresponsive a lot of the time in the browser, slower icon response and loading etc. Wish I could go back :(

Same here. I can't get the ovi maps or social network work since it updated. Also it has gone slow like yours too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭jimmy_t

Also it has gone slow like you too.
    Well thats harsh! :D
    Anna is a disaster when it comes to freezing, constantly getting just a black screen when i try to do most things and i just have to leave down the phone and wait for it to come back, really annoying when your just trying to unlock the friggin thing or have an urgent phonecall to make. has anyone who installed symbian belle found that it doesnt suffer from the same problems or is it worse cos its a pre-release? Maybe a reinstall would improve things?

jimmy_t wrote: »
    Well thats harsh! :D
    Anna is a disaster when it comes to freezing, constantly getting just a black screen when i try to do most things and i just have to leave down the phone and wait for it to come back, really annoying when your just trying to unlock the friggin thing or have an urgent phonecall to make. has anyone who installed symbian belle found that it doesnt suffer from the same problems or is it worse cos its a pre-release? Maybe a reinstall would improve things?

i did the reinstall thing and its still not working.

Same here. I can't get the ovi maps or social network work since it updated. Also it has gone slow like yours too.

Did you not update the QT files that I linked to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Voyager II

is there any way to roll back from anna?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭lolie

Cant say i'm to impressed with the update. It wont update Anna update 2/2 and wont install the beta camera update. Anyone else having these problems

Did you not update the QT files that I linked to?

It was taking too long too download. Is it meant too be a big file. I'm not even sure if I was doing it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

The QT files aren't that big so shouldn't have took long! Try them again maybe!?

kmart6 wrote: »
    The QT files aren't that big so shouldn't have took long! Try them again maybe!?

do i Download the Qt SDK. haven't a clue what i'm doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I have the N8 about 5 months now and like the build quality of it along with ovi maps&music player,For web browsing and facebook apps it's crap compared to the Iphone4 mine also keeps turning off by it self and freezing:( also on the iphone you can zoom in more on a page than the N8.
    If Nokia could get there web browsing as slick as apple they would be on to a winner btw while web browsing on both phones there connected to my wifi at home,And the phone is using symbian anna 024.001 I lost my iphone over the weekend and I'm lost without it for going on the web nokia are going to have to come up with some thing really good before my next up grade.

• Advertisement

How can I add the music too the video edtior. they aren't there like they use too.

Advertisement