Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

• 27-04-2010 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

A bit early? Nah its already begun!

Martin O'Neill looking to buy half a typical Ireland starting 11
    according to eastsleepsport (like they'd know)

Wolves also looking for Robbie Keanes signature, what with him being an old boy this is much more plausible to my mind. I'd say Mick would love the have him and Doyle partnered. Could be good for Ireland too.

West Ham are open to offers for the entire squad bar Super Scotty Parker who of course is the most saleable player they have by some disatance. Not a fire sale says David Gold Sullivan

Newcastle flushed with success and a few bevvies are after Jason Roberts which is not mad, but Barca want Steven Taylor which is, in senastional swap deal with Carles Puyol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

You'd imagine there would be a few takers for Greene, Cole, Upson and Noble at West Ham anyway. More than useful players. Diamante and that Brazilian (Ilan?) striker they have on loan look semi decent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

a small rumour doing the rounds at the moment is Liverpool trying to take Cofie off Man United.

Press building it as Livepool taking one of United's most prized talents, in reality it would be liverpool taking a fairly promising player from United, but one behind a large enough number of other lads.

United are being linked with yet another striker, this time an Argentine from their domestic league. Looks a handy enough player, but not what is needed at United right now. Worryingly, there is a lack of midfield links for United. Some talk over interest in Hamsik, Gourcuff and Defour, along with Milner or Young from Aston Villa. Benzema will be heavily linked over the summer too I reckon, but I doubt it will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I predict utd to get another striker, god knows you can never have enough strikers...

young CM that no one has heard of coming in , no experience CM

same old ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

mike65 wrote: »

Martin O'Neill looking to buy half a typical Ireland starting 11
    according to eastsleepsport (like they'd know)

Wolves also looking for Robbie Keanes signature, what with him being an old boy this is much more plausible to my mind. I'd say Mick would love the have him and Doyle partnered. Could be good for Ireland too.

West Ham are open to offers for the entire squad bar Super Scotty Parker who of course is the most saleable player they have by some disatance. Not a fire sale says David Gold Sullivan

Newcastle flushed with success and a few bevvies are after Jason Roberts which is not mad, but Barca want Steven Taylor which is, in senastional swap deal with Carles Puyol

Strange that on the day they put their entire squad up for sale they bid for Graham Dorrans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Some talk over interest in Hamsik, Gourcuff and Defour,

Is Hamsik any good? Football manager legendary status aside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The 'pool linked to an Argentinean labelled the new Roberto Ayala and Football Manager favorite Nicolas Otamendi

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-move-for-9m-new-roberto-ayala

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Old news but Liverpool were linked with Van Der Vaart during the weekend according to football365.com for a reported fee of 6m which would be a steal doubt it'll happen however.

I'd imagine Cesc to Barca will be the main one all over the papers this summer - doubt it'll happen and I'll be delighted if it doesn't - wouldn't like to see the prem without a player of his calibre

Frisbee wrote: »
    Is Hamsik any good? Football manager legendary status aside.

haven't seen enough of him to comment properly. From what I have read from people that would see him enough, he is a very very good AMC. Nedved has labled him as the next Nedved. decent scoring stats. Don't know what his passing is like, again from what I have read his completion rate isn't amazing as he tries a lot of killer balls - and they are the hardest t pull off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

haven't seen enough of him to comment properly. From what I have read from people that would see him enough, he is a very very good AMC. Nedved has labled him as the next Nedved. decent scoring stats. Don't know what his passing is like, again from what I have read his completion rate isn't amazing as he tries a lot of killer balls - and they are the hardest t pull off.

I've seen some clips of him on the WCQ highlights show but as you say, not enough to comment.

Some barnet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Puyol to Newcastle???? Wha????

Never ever going to happen. Sure the lad has only recently signed a new contract with them.

Realistic targets - Stephen Hunt and Jamie O Hara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,144 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

but Barca want Steven Taylor which is, in senastional swap deal with Carles Puyol

Thats pretty much the most insane transfer rumour i've ever heard i think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Re: Hamsik. He's quality. Would be good enough to start for any top team in Spain, Germany, Italy or England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Nah, Breen to Barca was much worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

Extract from Robbie's Wolves signing press conference if it happens :

"Wolves have been my childhood club.I grew up with a Wolves jersey glued to my back... I've wanted to play for them all my life and I'm delighted to be back. It's not often you get to play for the club of your dreams but to do it twice is magic"

Three months later : Keane linked to his 'favourite' club...Aston Villa
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Villa have been linked with a move for Hleb and Carlton Cole recently too

matrim wrote: »
    Villa have been linked with a move for Hleb and Carlton Cole recently too

Hleb would be a fantastic addition to Villa's squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

~Rebel~ wrote: »

Werent Newcastle linked with Raul just after being relegated?

EDIT: they were by Spanish paper "marca"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

This crap bout Newcastle is coming from Spanish Papers just btw

This crap bout Newcastle is coming from Spanish Papers just btw

The Mirror have it today as well, but as a straight 8 million pound bid.

flahavaj wrote: »
    The Mirror have it today as well, but as a straight 8 million pound bid.

:rolleyes:

If it's true then fine but it's not a realistic target at all and I don't think we'll have many funds available to us this summer....

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

If it's true then fine but it's not a realistic target at all and I don't think we'll have many funds available to us this summer....

Ah I know its a dodgy source I was just replying to yer man who said there were no English links.

The paper says Barca want to bid 8 mill for Taylor btw, not Newky bidding for Puyol.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ah I know its a dodgy source I was just replying to yer man who said there were no English links.

The paper says Barca want to bid 8 mill for Taylor btw, not Newky bidding for Puyol.

Ah right. :)

Gotta love this transfer speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It seems everyone is going to be in for Benzema this summer and for a player that cost €35m most rumours are about €20m deals to X,Y&Z club hes still very young and could improve a lot.

So is it realistic is he going to move this summer?

It seems everyone is going to be in for Benzema this summer and for a player that cost €35m most rumours are about €20m deals to X,Y&Z club hes still very young and could improve a lot.

So is it realistic is he going to move this summer?

don't know - who knows what will happen at Madrid. If they go for Villa, Benzema is likely gone but there is talk that Villa to Barca is a done deal. Other option for Madrid would be Pato - but again there is talk Pato to Chelsea is a done deal.

United would be a likely destination if Benzema does move - but United would have to sell Berbatov in order to make room for him (would be a good swap for United). Berbatov has been linked with both Milan and Bayern in recent weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Benzema, Fabregas and Torres will be the big summer transfer rumours, with none of them moving in the end. Any player who puts in a half decent performance in the World Cup will be linked with a premiership club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Plenty of stories to be Goodison based as usual. Rodwell will be endlessly linked with a move away from the club and Pienaar's likely to be the subject of interest with only 14 months left on his contract. I'd expect to see Joseph Yobo shipped out. Money will be tight as usual so we may look to a few Bosmans to fill the squad out like Paul Scharner and Jermain Beckford. We shouldn't need too many re-enforcements, just need to get everyone fit for the new season and cover our asses a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Charles N'Zogbia not in the Wigan team or even on the bench and no word of him being injured. There was talk he might be on the move this summer. Wonder if a deal is already done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lot of talk for Liverpool being in for Pienaar over the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, I read that he was seen looking for a house on Merseyside and his wife has been checking out local schools for the kids.

Oh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Yeah, I read that he was seen looking for a house on Merseyside and his wife has been checking out local schools for the kids.

Oh.

:D

Not that long left on his contract so might be a mover.

Pienaar has aspirations to play Champions League football so that rules out Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Voltwad wrote: »
    Pienaar has aspirations to play Champions League football so that rules out Liverpool.

And Everton, tbf.

baz2009 wrote: »
    And Everton, tbf.
    Difference is he's already at Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Can honestly see Torres leaving Liverpool now that they've no Champions League football.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Can honestly see Torres leaving Liverpool now that they've no Champions League football.

Only if barca want him

• Advertisement

Only if barca want him
    And if you believe what you read they've already agreed to sign Villa.

And if you believe what you read they've already agreed to sign Villa.

Well he's not going to go to Real and I don't think he'll go to another English club which is why I think barca are the only choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Torres has already said he is not leaving Liverpool this summer. Pienaar won't be on the wanted list of any current CL clubs imo, Liverpool would be his best bet for playing for a bigger club, potentially in the CL over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

If Villa does indeed go to Barca, whats that spell for Ibra? Bench or a big move to City after their Torres swoop fails?

I can see Di Maria going to City, Aguero to Chelsea and Benzema + Defour to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Is pienaars contact up? Or just down to the last year?

• Advertisement

Smegball wrote: »
    If Villa does indeed go to Barca, whats that spell for Ibra? Bench or a big move to City after their Torres swoop fails?

I can see Di Maria going to City, Aguero to Chelsea and Benzema + Defour to United.

Villa - Ibra - Messi is on paper what it would spell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JPA wrote: »
    Is pienaars contact up? Or just down to the last year?

Down to the last year afaik, but I think Everton have hinted they'll sell if he doesn't sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Villa - Ibra - Messi is on paper what it would spell.

Nope

Why would Villa take Messi's favourite position?

It would be Messi-Villa-Pedro and rightly so. Pedro has done more for Barcelona than Ibra this season IMO. No need for Pedro to be fazed out.

Osu wrote: »
    Nope

Why would Villa take Messi's favourite position?

It would be Messi-Villa-Pedro and rightly so. Pedro has done more for Barcelona than Ibra this season IMO. No need for Pedro to be fazed out.

Villa is on the left, turn your head upside down.
    Ibra is not going to be sold or be a permanent sub, Pep is going to do his best to make sure he's a success, whether that works or not we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Villa is on the left, turn your head upside down.
    Ibra is not going to be sold or be a permanent sub, Pep is going to do his best to make sure he's a success, whether that works or not we'll see.

Weird way to write your team...

Don't agree at all. Ibra was left out against Villarreal at the weekend too. He's not playing well enough to start at Barcelona. He'll be benched next season if they sign Villa.

EDIT: And your playing Villa out of position. Doesn't make sense.

Osu wrote: »
    Weird way to write your team...

Don't agree at all. Ibra was left out against Villarreal at the weekend too. He's not playing well enough to start at Barcelona. He'll be benched next season if they sign Villa.

Don't know how it's weird, left is left!

You could be right about Ibra being benched but it would be an incredible waste of money even for a team and club like Barca.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Torres has already said he is not leaving Liverpool this summer. Pienaar won't be on the wanted list of any current CL clubs imo, Liverpool would be his best bet for playing for a bigger club, potentially in the CL over the next few years.
    He'd slot perfectly into most teams and he's going to steal the show at the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone see Scharners hair today? :pac:

Looks like him to Everton is a done deal. Chelsea have first refusal on Aguero, so unless they go in for the likes of Villa or any other big name strikers I reckon Kun will be wearing a Chelsea shirt next season. On the Hamsik rumours, didn't he sign a new deal in January after Chelsea failed in a bid to sign him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Difference is he's already at Everton.

So with him having aspirations to play CL football, do you see him leaving Everton so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

DazMarz wrote: »

Have you read any of the quote from him in the past few weeks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement