Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Irish Universities International Peter McMahon goes from UCD to Drogheda Utd.

http://www.ucdsoccer.com/airtricity-league/premier-division/795-st-patricks-athletic-v-ucd-afc

Got the shot away for this goal during the XXV Universiade in Belgrade
    Italy v. Ireland - July 2009
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zQolezv7Ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SSN seem genuinely surprised that Robbie is in a preseason game for spurs they must love him with all the speculation he provides them:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No thats a "feck off unless you can make a stupidly big offer" style statement, managers are always at that trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

mike65 wrote: »
    No thats a "feck off unless you can make a stupidly big offer" style statement, managers are always at that trick.

Yeah true,

Although i'd say a bid of around £12million would be enough to make Wolves think about it.

• Advertisement

Joe Cole in 90k a week deal at Liverpool apparently.

NOTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Shame on you mike:eek:

I'm taking a "slightly sideways" stand. Won't put in the Liverpool thread but its of interest to some degree so its should be linked somehere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0719/breaking27.html
    Madrid zoo has made a transfer bid for oracle octopus Paul today and has told his aquarium in Germany it will outbid all others and give him a warm welcome in gratitude for predicting Spain's soccer World Cup win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Paddy McCourt to possibly play premiership football next year with Blackpool but Celtic now offering him a new deal to keep him? Interesting stuff. Blackpool might also be rescuing Francis Jeffer's career?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sky sports new reporting Klass Jan Huntelaar due to make a move to the premiership.

AC Milan president has said the Podolksi move will be completed shortly, but its based of where Huntelaar goes and they would prefer him moving to the premier league.

Interesting developement, was linked with United and Arsenal a fair bit, might alert a few clubs.

SSN said though they were in touch with his agent who said they have not heard anything from the club , but the clubs president has stated Huntelaar need sto move on.

Would love to see him in the premiership im a big fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Bolton sign Real LB Marcos Alonso.Anyone know if he's any use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Mido signs for Ajax.

That guys career just kept going downhill since he left Roma.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Mido back to Ajax?

Thats a weird one, they shipped him out because he attacked Ibrahimovic with paif os scissors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Seaneh wrote: »
    Mido back to Ajax?

Thats a weird one, they shipped him out because he attacked Ibrahimovic with paif os scissors!

Yeah!!? Never heard that one! He's had a troubled career alright! They also signed your man El Hamdouai from AZ,Liverpool and Spurs were looking at him last season

Stephen+Ireland.jpeg

Stephen Ireland has hit back at Roberto Mancini - claiming the Manchester City manager has never given him a chance to prove himself.
    Mancini has boosted his midfield options significantly since taking charge at Eastlands — and Ireland has attracted interest from *Tottenham, Sunderland and Fulham.
    There were rumours of a row during the club’s *pre-season trip to the USA, although Mancini claims he is keeping an open mind about Ireland’s future.
    The 23-year-old, who was named City’s player of the year the season before last after scoring 13 goals from *midfield, has not been picked by the Italian since the last-gasp *defeat by Manchester United in April – when he failed to track a run from Paul Scholes, who scored with a header.

He said: “I came off playing 67 games to playing just 16, including substitute appearances, last season.
    “So I can’t really live up to what I did before if I am not getting the opportunities.
    “I don’t think any player would be happy being a *back-up player and I wouldn’t either.
    “The first two months of the coming season I could be *sitting on the bench. God knows I could be in the stands.
    “If I haven’t played much by Christmas then, like any *player, I would want to know what is happening. If things don’t happen then we will have to look at it again.”
    Mancini has denied being at odds with Ireland — but he has still to be convinced the player can hold a place in a team swelled by the arrivals of top midfielders like Yaya Toure and David Silva — with James Milner maybe still to come.
    “I have never once said I wanted to leave or kicked up a fuss,” said Ireland.
    “The way it stands at the *moment I am working my socks off in training and trying to prove to the gaffer that I am good enough to stay.
    “I am very ambitious but things are out of my hands. I have a contract so all I can do is keep performing, presenting myself well in training and if I must move on, so be it.”
    Harry Redknapp has *declared he’d be interested in the star — at the right price.
    The Spurs boss said: “I like him, but he is expensive.
    “Maybe he’ll be £11m or 12. We wouldn’t be in a position to spend that much on him if that’s what they’re wanting.”

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz0vImVkDGh
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Stephen-Ireland-is-attracting-interest-from-Tottenham-as-he-grow-further-disgruntled-at-Manchester-City-article542653.html

I'd love to see this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I can't see us selling him to spurs. If he goes it'll be to a club lower down the table. We're not gonna do spurs any favours.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    I can't see us selling him to spurs. If he goes it'll be to a club lower down the table. We're not gonna do spurs any favours.
    True but I don't see any other clubs able to afford his wage demands

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

What are his wage demands? Can't imagine it'd be anything close to what the likes of Toure and Adebayor are earning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Don't know if anyone remembers this goal from a couple of seasons back:

Just watch the first minute or so. He's a complete head the ball obviously, but seriously talented.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Just watch the first minute or so. He's a complete head the ball obviously, but seriously talented.

Remember that goal well, that was World Class,

I always remember this one against Blackburn, not a patch on his effort and skill above, but he just had ultimate composure, and made the Blackburn defense look like kids

From 1.27

I don't think he will get a look in at City, i hope he moves, it is not going to benefit the Republic of Ireland, but i love seeing this guy play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I think I remember that...oh yes, 4-3 Hamburg on aggregate ;).

Helluva pass from him to start it up and then to get forward to finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Bruno Alves joined Zenit st Petersburg, €22 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Looks like Fabiano is set for Marseille. That could be the league for them again.

Looks like Barca have nabbed Özil from Bremen. The Belfast Telegraph says the fee is in the region of £8m. Can't be right though.

Diego is leaving Juve after 1 season to join Wolfsburg for €16m, according to goal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Looks like Barca have nabbed Özil from Bremen. The Belfast Telegraph says the fee is in the region of £8m. Can't be right though.

Diego is leaving Juve after 1 season to join Wolfsburg for €16m, according to goal.com

That's mad. I thought I read Del Neri saying him and Amauris link up will be very important this year.

That's quite a loss they'd be selling him at.

Just read on BILD that the above is a load of crap. There hasn't even been an offer for Özil.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 498 ✭✭Splainc

Just read on BILD that the above is a load of crap. There hasn't even been an offer for Özil.

It was made up on twitter and the guy who made it up admitted it. Sports journalism doesn't really exist anymore. They just publish whatever they see in forums and twitter and facebook and attribute to "our sources"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Exactly. Sport1.de has direct quotes from Allofs and the player saying that no one has been talking to or even heard from anyone and they have no idea where this latest batch of rumors is coming from.

Sunderland running a story on their website that Jones is at Stoke today about a move there

http://www.safc.com/news/20100811/jones-to-undergo-medical_2256213_2118672

I heard Newcastle were tying up a loan for Ben arfa anyone else hear this?

I heard Newcastle were tying up a loan for Ben arfa anyone else hear this?

Chris Hughton said there hasn't been any contact with Marseille.
    Just speculation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Surely a bigger EPL team would be in for Ben Arfa(No offence to Newcastle). He would do a job at Arsenal or Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Melion wrote: »
    Surely a bigger EPL team would be in for Ben Arfa(No offence to Newcastle). He would do a job at Arsenal or Liverpool

We were looking at him before we brought in Nasri, I don't really see the need now though.

Have to say I'm shocked at the news about Jones! Stoke???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Jones to Stoke, and to think quite a few people were suggesting him to be bought in the United thread last season :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Sport1.de were running a totally ridiculous story today claiming City were trying to get Ibrahimovic with a 100m contract over four years which would give him 600k per week.

Boskowski wrote: »
    Sport1.de were running a totally ridiculous story today claiming City were trying to get Ibrahimovic with a 100m contract over four years which would give him 600k per week.

Not the only ones. Lots of sites running it.

Had a good laugh reading it.

Eamonn Dunphy is facepalming as we speak. He hates Ibrahimovic.

Loic Remy looks to be moving this week to spurs or marseille with a move to England his preferred option if spurs meet the 14m asking price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Colm_purchase

I know someone whose son's friend's brother's friend works as a janitor at real madrid and he overhead Jose speaking about Marlon Harewood yesterday evening on the phone in the jacks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Bremen just announced that Oezil has finally moved to Real. He will sign a 5 year contract in Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DubDani wrote: »
    Bremen just announced that Oezil has finally moved to Real. He will sign a 5 year contract in Madrid.

good luck to the lad. would have loved to have seen him at OT but obviously he wasn't interested.

Gallas due for a medical at spurs Tomorrow :eek:
    Skysports understands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gallas due for a medical at spurs Tomorrow :eek:
    Skysports understands

Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs?

You'll get 2 seasons max out of him before he goes for a retirement season at West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Loic Remy looks to be moving this week to spurs or marseille with a move to England his preferred option if spurs meet the 14m asking price

he has joined marseille today rumoured to be €15m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Milos Krasic is off to Juve it seems: http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6325076,00.html

CSKA Moscow have announced star winger Milos Krasic is heading to Juventus.
    Although Juve have yet to confirm the move, CSKA are confident the player will sign for the Bianconeri after putting a statement on their website which read: "Juventus have signed CSKA midfielder Milos Krasic, who will travel to Turin to sign his personal contract within the next few days."
    The 25-year-old has been on Juve's radar for some time even though the deal has taken several months to reach this stage.
    "I'm the happiest man in the world," Krasic told Tuttosport.
    "I always believed in Juve - even when things seemed difficult I knew that everything would be resolved. I was proved right."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11854_6325221,00.html

i wonder why none of the english or spanish teams were in for him, very good player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cracking signing and for £12m really good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Strange choice, juventes is nearly a step down from CSKA at this stage, ah well at least I'll be able to use him in fifa this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Source

Crystal Palace have signed Edgar Davids on a pay-as-you-play deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement