Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

So with him having aspirations to play CL football, do you see him leaving Everton so?
    I think he'd be happy enough to stay but he'll want to be one of the top, top earners at the club (which he deserves to be) and the contract negotiations are not going smoothly at present so I'm not optimistic he'll be an Everton player next season :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Have you read any of the quote from him in the past few weeks?

Surprised many view what comes out of footballers' mouths as significant, never mind taking it as absolute gospel!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

not all footballers are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Surprised many view what comes out of footballers' mouths as significant, never mind taking it as absolute gospel!

I am not even talking about how he has said that he will be at the club next season. I am just talking about the interviews where he says that he is happy once the club is competing in the league and in Europe, irrespective of whehter it is in the CL or EC.

My own opinion on the matter is that he will defo be there for another season unless an obscene offer is made for him or there is some sort of fire sale at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

I am not even talking about how he has said that he will be at the club next season. I am just talking about the interviews where he says that he is happy once the club is competing in the league and in Europe, irrespective of whehter it is in the CL or EC.

My own opinion on the matter is that he will defo be there for another season unless an obscene offer is made for him or there is some sort of fire sale at the club.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    not all footballers are the same.

Fair enough. But I don't think any Liverpool player would be particuarly happy with how this season has panned out in terms of them "competing", aside from the Europa League.

It comes down to who could afford him. Barca, City, Chelsea, Juve (particularly if Benitez jumps ship and is given millions to spend). Highly unlikely he'd move to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

pretty sure he has also said he'll never play for another club in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

flahavaj wrote: »
    You'd imagine there would be a few takers for Greene, Cole, Upson and Noble at West Ham anyway. More than useful players. Diamante and that Brazilian (Ilan?) striker they have on loan look semi decent too.

Green rumoured with Schalke as Neuer is apparently linked with either Bayern or United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

all potential deals according to rumours

Defour & Benzema to Man Utd

Aguero to Chelsea

Hart, Cahill & Chamakh to Arsenal

Eduardo to Lyon

Di Maria & GK backup to City

Villa to Barcelona

Ireland/Parker & a CF to Villa

Liverpool / Spurs ???

1220 BST: Midfielder Stephen Ireland has admitted there is a major question mark over his Manchester City future having failed to force his way into manager Roberto Mancini's plans. (Manchester Evening News)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hart is an interesting one tbh. I can't see him diplacing Given, but at the same time I doubt City would want to let him go too easily. They don't need money that's not a factor. At the same time will Hart be content to try and fight for his place? Maybe another loan deal? Or else sell him with a buy back/first option clause?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Hart, Cahill & Chamakh to Arsenal

Cahill I wouldn't be too pushed on, he'd be a nice addition alright, but I'd prefer a much better CB brough in to replace Gallas.

Hart would be very nice and solve our GK worries for years to come.

By the looks of it the Chamakh deal is a sure thing judging by his quotes here

"I count the days, 11 short days. As time passes, it feels weird. I feel many emotions," Chamakh told French newspaper L'Equipe.

"I am delighted to join the English football atmosphere, it is something amazing.

"I love Arsenal's game. I know I will have to adapt but I know the short passing game.

"In February, I made my decision. A departure clause (in a potential new Bordeaux contract) was not logical after refusing Arsenal last summer."

Eduardo to Lyon

Been a lot of talk about this but apparently he's signed a one year contract extension. Although for the life of me I can't understand why, he's been awful this season.
    1220 BST: Midfielder Stephen Ireland has admitted there is a major question mark over his Manchester City future having failed to force his way into manager Roberto Mancini's plans. (Manchester Evening News)

I'd certainly have a bit of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Your man Pape Diakhite from Dynamo Kiev seems to be heavily rumoured with a move to Arsenal.Type of player that Wenger loves,he can play CB or as a Defensive Mid.Plus he speaks French!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Falcoa looking at a move to Villa/Spurs

Yaya Toure is Spurs top summer Target

Does anyone know how happy he is at Barca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

he would be an awesome signing but what about pal?

Headshot wrote: »
    he would be an awesome signing but what about pal?
    I assume with the prospect of more games they could be interchanged and cover each other considering all the cards palacios picks up I assume his wages would break our structure though. We have already signed another defensive mid in Sandro who's still young but he won't develop without game time. I'd say it's nonsense but still.

There are also reports that Harry wants to change to a 4-5-1 away from home next season to pick up more points so two defensive midfielders could be played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Nah, Breen to Barca was much worse.

I see your Breen to Barca and i raise you Glen Crowe to Chelsea rumour a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

deisedude wrote: »
    I see your Breen to Barca and i raise you Glen Crowe to Chelsea rumour a few years back

Please say that was pre-Abramovich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Caleb Folan in a swap deal for Ibra.

Jimmy Bullard to Celtic.

Robbie Keane to Sunderland.

K Jones to Liverpool.

David James to Arsenal.

Stephen Fletcher to Birmingham.

Stephen Ireland to Cobh Ramblers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭deisedude

baz2009 wrote: »
    Please say that was pre-Abramovich.

I think it was Abramovichs first year. Just a terrible made up story by The Sun or some other rag

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Portsmouth players get your Portsmouth players. No reasonable offer refused

Telegraph with a story detailing the prices for various Pompey players.
    Pretty similar to the Guardian story a while back but some differences. Some of the valuations look a bit high Ben-Haim £4m/£3m :eek:
    The target of £35m looks massively optimistic imo. Was some talk about Liverpool possibly being interested in Belhadj as an Aurelio replacement. Could see Boateng at West Ham. Don't know where the rest might end up.

Kevin-Prince Boateng £5m
    Marc Wilson £5m (£4m in the Guardian)
    Nadir Belhadj £4m
    Tal Ben-Haim £4m (£3m in the Guardian)
    John Utaka £4m (£3m in the Guardian)
    David Nugent £3m
    Tommy Smith £2m
    David James Free
    Michael Brown (£1m in the Guardian)
    Aaron Mokoena (£1m in the Guardian)
    Hayden Mullins (£1m in the Guardian)

All of O'Hara, Piquionne, Dindane , Yebdra and Vanden Borre were loan players so no cash for them. Will be interesting to see just what kind of a squad they start next season with.
    Portsmouth set to sell entire first-team and youth squads to cut crippling wage bill
    Portsmouth will start a £35 million fire-sale of their entire first-team and youth squads immediately after the FA Cup final next Saturday in an attempt to cut their crippling £34.2 million annual wage bill.

By Rory Smith
    Published: 10:30PM BST 08 May 2010

Documents obtained by Telegraph Sport show all of the salaries of the playing staff at the Fratton Park club and their estimated transfer value.

They show the south-coast club, whose debts now stand at £138 million, still spend £657,023 a week on player wages. Goalkeeper David James is the highest-paid player, earning £40,000 a week. He is out of contract at the end of the season and will be available on a free transfer.

Administrator Andrew Andronikou has made it clear that he expects Portsmouth to begin life in the Championship next season on a wage bill of no more than £10 million a year, less than a third of the sum they pay at the moment, leaving the club with no choice but to overhaul their squad completely.

Many of Portsmouth's top earners this season – including Frédéric Piquionne, who is paid £37,500 a week, and Aruna Dindane, on £27,500 – are scheduled to return to their parent clubs at the end of the season when their loan deals expire, while the likes of Kanu and Angelos Basinas will not see their contracts renewed.

The details of those players who retain some sell-on value, though, have been circulated among all of Portsmouth's Premier League rivals as the club look to raise funds to help alleviate their debts.

It is hoped the first bids will be received once the curtain has been drawn on Portsmouth's season at Wembley on Saturday.

Portsmouth estimate that £35 million can be raised from their current first-team squad, with the largest fees expected for midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng, reportedly attracting interest from West Ham, and defender Marc Wilson, both of whom are priced at £5 million.

Nadir Belhadj is valued at £4 million, as is Israeli international defender Tal Ben-Haim and Nigerian winger John Utaka, while Burnley have been informed that it will cost £3 million to make David Nugent's loan deal permanent.

As part of the club's administration, though, some 20 per cent of any revenue raised from player sales during the first year will be paid direct to creditors, as will the first £17 million parachute payment Portsmouth are due after their relegation from the Premier League.

Andronikou insisted on Saturday night that no document had been faxed to Premier League rivals, though he admitted “it was no secret” the club would have to sell players.

He said: “There has been so much conjecture over the existence of this document but nobody has produced one for me to look at. That is as much credence as I can give at this point.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7696806/Portsmouth-set-to-sell-entire-first-team-and-youth-squads-to-cut-crippling-wage-bill.html
    Portsmouth administrator 'offers players for sale' before FA Cup final
    • Reports of players offered to other clubs by fax
    • Avram Grant, manager, says club 'treated unfairly'
    Martin Pengelly The Guardian, Saturday 24 April 2010 Article history

The administrator of Portsmouth Football Club, Andrew Andronikou, has put the club's first-team squad up for sale via a fax message which has been sent to other clubs, it was reported last night. Portsmouth, who play Chelsea in the FA Cup final at Wembley in three weeks' time, said this week that their net debt was £108.6m. Andronikou has said previously that he wants to sell between eight and 10 first-team players this summer.

The Daily Mirror said that Andronikou, of the accountancy firm UHY Hacker Young, had asked Icon Sports Management to sell the club's players and that a fax detailing asking prices had been sent out. The midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng was the most expensive player, the newspaper said, at £5m. Marc Wilson was valued at £4m, as was the Algeria winger Nadir Belhadj.

The Israel defender Tal Ben Haim, who arrived at Portsmouth on a free transfer, was being offered for sale for £3m. John Utaka and David Nugent were also on offer for £3m and Tommy Smith for £2m. Michael Brown, Aaron Mokoena (another to have arrived at Fratton Park on a free transfer) and Hayden Mullins were on offer for £1m. The England goalkeeper David James was one of a group of players listed as being available for a free transfer.

Portsmouth had nine points deducted as a result of going into administration and their relegation to the Championship was confirmed on 10 April, the day before they reached the FA Cup final, their second in three years, with a 2-0 extra-time win over Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley. It was confirmed this week that Portsmouth will not be able to take up the Europa League place for next season that the Cup final would have earned them, as their financial difficulties will not allow them to apply for the necessary Uefa licence.

Portsmouth's manager, Avram Grant, said yesterday that the club had "been treated unfairly".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/24/portsmouth-players-for-sale-andrew-andronikou

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Mr Alan wrote: »
    pretty sure he has also said he'll never play for another club in England.

Hey Alan, I have heard this from so many different supporters, but noone has any link, now I am not saying it is lies, but do you know of a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Would James like to come back to sit on the bench and play the odd Carling Cup/Europa League game?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Frisbee wrote: »
    Is Hamsik any good? Football manager legendary status aside.

From seeing him play for Napoli this season on espn, I'd say he is a top player. Hes got a super shot on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

killwill wrote: »
    Hey Alan, I have heard this from so many different supporters, but noone has any link, now I am not saying it is lies, but do you know of a link?

I don't think he actually said it, but he said he'd never play for real after athletico so its kind of taken now that he won't ever play for united, he seems pretty loyal to his clubs so tbh i can't see him playing for man united or chelsea ever (unless chelsea come in with a mamoth offer that the club can't refuse) and there's no one else in the league that there's any point in him going to at the moment cause it would just be a step backwards from liverpool.. He doesn't really have many options though if he really is going to be that loyal...
    I think he'll stay at liverpool another season at least then depending on how things go next season, if things start to look up i think he'll stay with them, if not i say he'll move on and i don't think any liverpool fans would begrudge him that move...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Messi to Real Madrid for £120m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Harpy wrote: »
    I don't think he actually said it, but he said he'd never play for real after athletico so its kind of taken now that he won't ever play for united, he seems pretty loyal to his clubs so tbh i can't see him playing for man united or chelsea ever (unless chelsea come in with a mamoth offer that the club can't refuse) and there's no one else in the league that there's any point in him going to at the moment cause it would just be a step backwards from liverpool.. He doesn't really have many options though if he really is going to be that loyal...
    I think he'll stay at liverpool another season at least then depending on how things go next season, if things start to look up i think he'll stay with them, if not i say he'll move on and i don't think any liverpool fans would begrudge him that move...

Actually there are 6 clubs which would be a step-up.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Stephen Hunt and Jimmy Bullard to us if you're to believe the various rags.

Also Klasnic got a mention too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Messi to Real Madrid for £120m

Funny thing is, it's probably true that Perez offered this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't think it will be a very busy summer at all transfer wise even with the World Cup on. Clubs simple can't afford to splash out as much cash now with the exception of Man City and a handful of other clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

According to the NOTW, Hamburg won't be getting €13m for Jerome Boateng, But will be getting Roque Santa Cruz from Man City :(.

What do City fans think of Santa Cruz?. I've never seen him play for them which isn't a good sign!

I'd prefer the €13m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    According to the NOTW, Hamburg won't be getting €13m for Jerome Boateng, But will be getting Roque Santa Cruz from Man City :(.

What do City fans think of Santa Cruz?. I've never seen him play for them which isn't a good sign!

I'd prefer the €13m.

Roque Santa Cruz - another massively over rated player. Couldn't believe City were in for him, so strongly as well, based on one good season at Blackburn followed by a poor and injury hit season (like most of his career).

He is a good player when he can get a run of games, but he hasn't really managed that too often in his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is ready to quit Anfield and join Manchester City in a £40m move.
    Full story: Daily Mirror
    Liverpool expect to sign Rangers defender Danny Wilson, 18, in the next 48 hours for £2.5m.
    Full story: Daily Mail

Athletic Blibao midfielder Javi Martinez is being tracked by Chelsea and Real Madrid but the Spanish side will not sell for less than £15m. (Daily Mirror)
    Birmingham plan to end Ben Foster's Manchester United misery with a £6m move for the goalkeeper.
    Arsenal are ready to take England winger Shaun Wright-Phillips from Manchester City for £5m.
    Full story: the Sun
    Everton are targeting £3m-rated 1860 Munich striker Peniel Mlapa and are also weighing up a deal for midfielder Aleksandar Ignjovski.
    Wolves, Fulham and Birmingham are checking out 17-year-old Shrewsbury forward Tom Bradshaw. (the Sun)
    Leeds boss Simon Grayson will make a bid for Sheffield United forward Jamie Ward this week, with the offer likely to be worth about £400,000.

OTHER GOSSIP
    England manager Fabio Capello has sent e-mails to 45 players, including Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, advising them they are under consideration for this summer's World Cup, while Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher is set to be named in Capello's 30-man squad on Tuesday. (Daily Telegraph)
    Sunderland striker Darren Bent and Manchester United midfielder Owen Hargreaves are also on Fabio Capello's e-mail list of players being considered for a World Cup place.
    Full story: the Times
    Fulham boss Roy Hodgson wants Uefa to consider postponing Wednesday's Europa League final against Atletico Madrid in Hamburg if volcanic ash causes more travel chaos.
    Arsenal defender William Gallas has rejected a new two-year deal at the Emirates because the offer does not include a pay rise.
    Former Portsmouth boss Tony Adams is being lined up to manage Azerbaijan side Gabala FC in a £1m-per year deal. (Daily Star)
    Ian Dowie's nine-game spell as Hull manager ended on Sunday but the former Crystal Palace boss wants to stay on at the KC Stadium.
    Middlesbrough manager Gordon Strachan plans to make Celtic's caretaker manager Neil Lennon his number two if the Northern Irishman fails to get the Celtic job full time. (the Sun)
    Burnley want Northern Ireland boss Nigel Worthington to take over from Brian Laws after the Clarets were relegated to the Championship. (the Sun)
    Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has been warned there is no money to spend as the club prepares for life back in the Premier League.
    Aston Villa right-back Luke Young, 30, and centre-back Curtis Davies, 25, will meet club officials this week to discuss their futures at Villa Park.

AND FINALLY
    Match of the Day presenter and Leicester City fan Gary Lineker could end up cooking dinner on Sunday after making a bet with wife Danielle Bux that the Foxes will beat her beloved Cardiff in the Championship play-offs - the Welsh side are 1-0 up after the first leg.
    I'll just quote the BBC every day. Or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I'd prefer the €13m.

Not a City fan, but from what I've seen of Cruz I think he is a good player. He'd be very similar to Doyle in his style of play I think. Good at holding up the ball and linking up with others, but not necessarily a great finisher. Having seen Hamburg in the Europa league I think they'd definitely benefit from his presence in the box. As mentioned fitness is the big issue though, you'll be lucky to get more than 30 games a season out of him. Not to mention he'll be 29 at the start of the season so a valuation of €13m seems a bit steep.

JPA wrote: »
    I'll just quote the BBC every day. Or not.

Please don't. Try look for the original story and see are there any real quotes upon which it is based. You can fairly quickly filter out a bit of the noise this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Crock-que has been a waste of a signing really.

He could be a decent player but is made of glass and every tome he plays he has some sort of complaint (yesterday it was cramp after 70 minutes).

He won't play every week, nor should he, so if we swapped him for Boateng in any wY it'd be fantastic.

Please don't. Try look for the original story and see are there any real quotes upon which it is based. You can fairly quickly filter out a bit of the noise this way.

Quotes for transfer rumours? You must be new...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

JPA wrote: »
    Quotes for transfer rumours? You must be new...

He said see if there are any real quotes.. Sure I could go around spouting that Portsmouth were gonna sign Pele. Wouldn't do much good without some type of source though would it!? Needs to be some type of basis to these "rumours".

Sútalún wrote: »
    He said see if there are any real quotes.. Sure I could go around spouting that Portsmouth were gonna sign Pele. Wouldn't do much good without some type of source though would it!? Needs to be some type of basis to these "rumours".

Well I posted links to all the rumours from the papers, if we're only going to post real quotes then this thread won't last long. You only get real quotes a few days before a transfer happens.
    Where are we supposed to get stories and rumours from if not from the papers?

• Advertisement

Oh come on JPA you could have done a bit more than just copy and paste the gossip column. There's no smoke without fire, almost all the rumours that make it to the back pages have something behind them, maybe an agent angling for a better deal for his player, a quote taken out of context, scouts being seen in the area etc. etc. Do a little digging and you might actually find some interesting info, or else be able to dismiss it straight out of hand. But at the very least don't just block up the thread with copy pastes of material most will have read already...

Oh come on JPA you could have done a bit more than just copy and paste the gossip column. There's no smoke without fire, almost all the rumours that make it to the back pages have something behind them, maybe an agent angling for a better deal for his player, a quote taken out of context, scouts being seen in the area etc. etc. Do a little digging and you might actually find some interesting info, or else be able to dismiss it straight out of hand. But at the very least don't just block up the thread with copy pastes of material most will have read already...

Fair enough, I don't mean to block up the thread but what you're asking...:confused:...well, that's impossible or no one will believe you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Any know of a list of players who are out of contract this summer. Did a quick google but only got past years players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

s_carnage wrote: »
    Any know of a list of players who are out of contract this summer. Did a quick google but only got past years players.
    For the Premier League look here.
    For La Liga look here.
    And for Serie A look here.
    These are the only ones I have seen but they are pretty recent so should be accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not a City fan, but from what I've seen of Cruz I think he is a good player. He'd be very similar to Doyle in his style of play I think. Good at holding up the ball and linking up with others, but not necessarily a great finisher. Having seen Hamburg in the Europa league I think they'd definitely benefit from his presence in the box. As mentioned fitness is the big issue though, you'll be lucky to get more than 30 games a season out of him. Not to mention he'll be 29 at the start of the season so a valuation of €13m seems a bit steep.
    RSC is an incredible finisher. He hasn't had a run of games but when he does he is a superb finisher. He can score with both feet and his head. He can play up top on his own with his back to goal or play as a centre forward. He wouldn't have an engine like Doyle or Doyle's toughness either. I don't think they are very similar at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.sport.es&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&sl=es&tl=en

Barcelona have apparently tabled two offers for Fabregas; £40m cash or else £25m cash + Yaya Toure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Aston Villa are close to completing a deal to take Fernando Torres to Villa Park for a fee of £40. It is believed that Villa will include Emile Heskey as part of the deal, a player who Rafa Benitez is a huge fan of.

eagle eye wrote: »
    RSC is an incredible finisher. He hasn't had a run of games but when he does he is a superb finisher. He can score with both feet and his head. He can play up top on his own with his back to goal or play as a centre forward. He wouldn't have an engine like Doyle or Doyle's toughness either. I don't think they are very similar at all.

My bad, whenever I'd seen him it was his presence in the box and ability to link up that impressed. Never knew he could finish to boot... Still, he's definitely another one of those players who's full potential has been limited by a lack of robustness. Shame, always like him.

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://www.sport.es&hl=es&ie=UTF-8&sl=es&tl=en

Barcelona have apparently tabled two offers for Fabregas; £40m cash or else £25m cash + Yaya Toure

Ridiculous! They were willing to over £40m + Eto'o for Ibra and then they only offer £40m for Cesc? That's insulting tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

I'd prefer the €13m.

Won't be happening, as the last thing Hamburg needs is a Striker. Their attacking is with Petric, RVN, Berg, Guerrero (will sign new contract now) and Torun more then adequate for a season without international football.

They need the money to reinvest it into an AM, a new CB and a new RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DubDani wrote: »
    Won't be happening, as the last thing Hamburg needs is a Striker. Their attacking is with Petric, RVN, Berg, Guerrero (will sign new contract now) and Torun more then adequate for a season without international football.

They need the money to reinvest it into an AM, a new CB and a new RB.
    BBC reporting that City are close to sealing a deal for Boateng for 11million, no mentioned of RSC being moved in exchange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement