Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

BBC reporting that City are close to sealing a deal for Boateng for 11million, no mentioned of RSC being moved in exchange.

Yeah, cash makes more sense. He has a release clause for 12.5 million euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No money for us this season. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

How good is Boateng lads? Between Onuoha, Richards and Kompany City already seem to have too many 'almost good' CBs on the books. Another young fellah is hardly going to shore up their leaky defence surely?

How good is Boateng lads? Between Onuoha, Richards and Kompany City already seem to have too many 'almost good' CBs on the books. Another young fellah is hardly going to shore up their leaky defence surely?

Good young defender and IMO roughly on par with Kompany. Has made his first games for the german team and is certain to make the final squad for SA. He prefers to play CB, but can also play RB or DM. Will be a very good defender of International Standard in a year or two, and might be an investment in the future.

But that's also where the problem lies. He wants to play, and I can't imagine him being sitting on the bench quietly. But I guess 4 mill. a year will sweeten that a bit.

But he is prone to the odd error every few weeks that will make you go nuts as a fan.

According to German news reports Franck Ribery has agreed a new contract with Bayern, and it will be announced after the Cup final on saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

DubDani wrote: »
    According to German news reports Franck Ribery has agreed a new contract with Bayern, and it will be announced after the Cup final on saturday.

Inevitable with Di Maria looking to be Real Madrids target and Pedros progress at Barca.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Ush1 wrote: »
    Inevitable with Di Maria looking to be Real Madrids target and Pedros progress at Barca.

Or maybe the fact everyone finally see's that he is waaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated and not worth near the 60 Million Bayern are looking for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Osu wrote: »
    Or maybe the fact everyone finally see's that he is waaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated and not worth near the 60 Million Bayern are looking for him.
    He mightn't be worth €60m but surely Bayern are right to put that price tag on him if they really don't want to sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

DubDani wrote: »
    Won't be happening, as the last thing Hamburg needs is a Striker. Their attacking is with Petric, RVN, Berg, Guerrero (will sign new contract now) and Torun more then adequate for a season without international football.

They need the money to reinvest it into an AM, a new CB and a new RB.

Thank god it wont be happening. Never liked the deal. I'd be happy enough with our Midfield if we can hold on to Elia so just invest in a defender.

But first we need a manager :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Luis Fabiano linked with spurs today Thatd be an intresring one €18m

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Thank god it wont be happening. Never liked the deal. I'd be happy enough with our Midfield if we can hold on to Elia so just invest in a defender.

But first we need a manager :o.

Well Wolfsburg have nabbed McClaren. Perhaps he will re-learn to speak English in Germany.

Wouldn't have stopped Real before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Luis Fabiano linked with spurs today Thatd be an intresring one €18m
    They should bring back Kanoute while they're at it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Looks like Mr. Gerrard is selling up. Wonder where he's off to.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25703024.html?thumbnailId=2

Xavi6 wrote: »

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25703024.html?thumbnailId=2

is that genuine? seems odd for a footballer to sell his property so publicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That is not Gerrard's house. Was just a lazy internet rumour.

Gerrard lives in Formby. And there are plenty of pictures online of his actual house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Yep as said its not Gerrard's just someone seeing it, and looking at Gerrard not playing well and putting 2 and 2 together and get a story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ah well, sorry lads. Saw it on another forum.

As always, boards is the way of the truth :pac:

Ah well, sorry lads. Saw it on another forum.

As always, boards is the way of the truth :pac:

Well it is if people are mixing up a house in Blundellsands with one in Formby.

Be a bit like saying Castleknock and Malahide are in the same area.:)

• Advertisement

House looks the same as Gerrards house, although there is about 10Km between Formby and Blundellsands.

Pool picture looks strikingly the same.

House looks the same as Gerrards house, although there is about 10Km between Formby and Blundellsands.

Pool picture looks strikingly the same.

Gerrard's house has the massive detached gym out the back of it, the one that caused all the hassle with the residents living in the area, and far less by way of gardens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Well Bayern has a bit of unexpected cash to spare and according to sport1.de they have their sights on Vidic. While I'd like that I find it hard to believe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wolves (along with Bolton Wanderers and Birmingham City) in for Steven Fletcher
    Wolverhampton Wanderers hope to sign Steven Fletcher from Burnley for a fee in the region of £6m as Mick McCarthy seeks to strengthen his attacking options. Fletcher, who caught the eye last season despite Burnley suffering relegation to the Championship, has been linked with Bolton Wanderers and Birmingham City but Wolves appear to have jumped to the front of the queue.

Although McCarthy had success after changing to a 4-5-1 system halfway through last season, the Wolves manager is keen to recruit a proven goalscorer to play alongside Kevin Doyle. Fletcher, signed from Hibernian for £3m last summer, registered 12 goals in his first season at Turf Moor, including eight in the Premier League, to finish as the club's top scorer. At 23, the Scotland international also has time on his side.

Burnley have insisted they are under no pressure to sell any of their players and Fletcher, who has three years remaining on his contract, has suggested he would be happy to stay at Turf Moor to help the club try to win promotion. But a bid close to Burnley's valuation, which is understood to be around the £7m mark, is likely to prove difficult to turn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mike65 wrote: »
    Wolves (along with Bolton Wanderers and Birmingham City) in for Steven Fletcher

Don't think he'll be playing alongside Doyler though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Chelsea apparently closing in on Torres..

Still highly doubt it though, I think Chelsea are more unlikely to move for him than Liverpool would be to sell.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Chelsea apparently closing in on Torres..

Still highly doubt it though, I think Chelsea are more unlikely to move for him than Liverpool would be to sell.

Source?

Cobblers* :mad:

He's signing for Northampton Town :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Lukker- wrote: »

Rafa Benitez's mindset when confronted with that offer;

"£40m+ could buy lots of Babels"

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

Rafa Benitez's mindset when confronted with that offer;

"£40m+ could buy lots of Babels"

If by '40m+' you mean '70m+' and if by 'could buy' you mean 'could repay' and if by 'lots of Babels' you mean 'some of the debt' you wouldn't have posted a comment as ****, unfunny and pointless as this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

If by '40m+' you mean '70m+' and if by 'could buy' you mean 'could repay' and if by 'lots of Babels' you mean 'some of the debt' you wouldn't have posted a comment as ****, unfunny and pointless as this one.

I spat out my rice krispies onto the keyboard and roffled. Torres is not a £70m+ striker (except for Man City) with his injury history (played 79 league games in 3 seasons in the Premiership). Sensational goal-scoring record however

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Chelsea would scare the absolute the **** outof me with Torres in their team, hope it doesnt happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

PHB wrote: »
    Chelsea would scare the absolute the **** outof me with Torres in their team, hope it doesnt happen

Why ?? Most of there best players and squad are the wrong side of 30 years of age.. They'll need alot more than Torres over the next couple of years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Why ?? Most of there best players and squad are the wrong side of 30 years of age.. They'll need alot more than Torres over the next couple of years...
    As opposed to United with VDS, Ferdinand, Neville, Giggs, and Scholes, and seemingly no decent replacements in sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mr Alan wrote: »
    As opposed to United with VDS, Ferdinand, Neville, Giggs, and Scholes, and seemingly no decent replacements in sight.

the rest i agree with

you don't think United are gonna have a tough time replacing Ferdinand?! :eek:

you don't think United are gonna have a tough time replacing Ferdinand?! :eek:

ah we have Evens ?

and for nev we have raf

raf is still totally unproven and let ya's down on big occassions when relied upon, evans is a quality young player but not near as good ferdinand, also he struggled a bit this season in comparrison to last.

i'm not saying you's are screwed or anything, just saying both teams have a bit of rebuilding to do over the next couple of seasons, and with the financial restrictions which are at United compared to Chelsea, i wouldn't be using that as a stick to beat Chelsea with just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

raf is still totally unproven and let ya's down on big occassions ....

hes only 19. he'll be a decent player yet

• Advertisement

raf is still totally unproven and let ya's down on big occassions when relied upon, evans is a quality young player but not near as good ferdinand, also he struggled a bit this reason in comparrison to last.

raf has been amazing for us this season, he's just shown a lack of experience thats all, he stopped one of the best wingers in the world for 50 mins but the lack of experience got him sent off, I still cant believe he's only 19

Evens still has a bit of ankle injury which he may need an operation on so that so that could explain it, but i think you were to harsh on him, he has had some dodgy games(which pissed me off) but since near the end of the season he has been immense for us back to his last season form

101001 wrote: »
    hes only 19. he'll be a decent player yet
    Oh i agree. Just wouldn't have him down as a sure thing as some people seem to. I suspect when United start to try and rely on him his defensive frailities will become apparent. He's only a kid, it'll take time for him to be first choice at United imo, he certainly ain't an immediate answer to anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Oh i agree. Just wouldn't have him down as a sure thing as some people seem to. I suspect when United start to try and rely on him his defensive frailities will become apparent. He's only a kid, it'll take time for him to be first choice at United imo, he certainly ain't an immediate answer to anything.

With a Brazilian RB like that I reckon teams hope their attacking contribution outweighs any flaws in their defensive frailties. Or he could turn into Maicon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Headshot wrote: »
    raf has been amazing for us this season, he's just shown a lack of experience thats all, he stopped one of the best wingers in the world for 50 mins but the lack of experience got him sent off, I still cant believe he's only 19
    Rafael can't gel with Valencia and he has been very in and out for United this year.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Rafael can't gel with Valencia and he has been very in and out for United this year.

lol the answer to your post is within your post :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LMFAO at the Daily Star. There has been nothing coming out of Blackburn about any possible signings so they decide to come up with the ridiculous Raul and Guti on the radar, saying that Big Sam is being ably assisted by Michel Salgado to get it done.:pac:

Manchester City are planning to offer Liverpool £40m plus striker Emmanuel Adebayor and midfielder Stephen Ireland in exchange for Anfield stars Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

Full story: News of the World

Gee thanks!

mike65 wrote: »
    Manchester City are planning to offer Liverpool £40m plus striker Emmanuel Adebayor and midfielder Stephen Ireland in exchange for Anfield stars Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres.

Full story: News of the World

Gee thanks!

Bullplop obviously, but Pool could do a lot worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

Bullplop obviously, but Pool could do a lot worse.

yeah they could swap Torres and Gerrrard for Paul McShane and sell the club to Mike Ashley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gigi Buffon could be on his way out of Juventus. Has apparently made some very unhappy comments lately.

In January, he said after being sent-off in the 2-1 home defeat by Roma, their third consecutive loss: 'Always on the counter attack, that's enough, I cannot take it anymore.'

And more recently, He said, "My desire to leave Juve is equal to that of Juventus to release me. "Right now there is nothing, but anything can still happen. It's not fair to say too much right now, but I have nothing to hide. If I had to leave, England could be my destination. Which shirt? I do not know, I have not had any contact with anyone. I have no preferences. "

Advertisement