Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Headshot wrote: »
    ah we have Evens ?

and for nev we have raf

And Chris Smalling

West Ham are trying to sign Crystal Palace goalkeeper Julian Speroni in a £1m deal.
    Speroni is likely to replace England goalkeeper Robert Green at Upton Park with £6m-rated Green set to be the first major player sold by West Ham this summer possibly to German side Schalke 04.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

And Chris Smalling

joke?

has to have been a joke.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    joke?

has to have been a joke.

Obviously not as an immediate replacement but longer term,;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

very long term from wat we've seen of him since the move was announced!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

agreed - have not been impressed with what I have seen so far, but a number of managers in teh game rate him fairly highly - hopefully he looks better for United over the next number of seasons than he has for Fulham when I have seen him. Looks to have the attributes - but not the positioning/intelligence for prem football yet - which is understandable given the level of training he would have had up to this point in his career, he is only recently learning as a pro footballer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,622 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They'd wanna be spending a fair bit more than 20 million to get him. Thats his market price probably. As if City will or should get him for anything close to that, closer to 30 imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I spat out my rice krispies onto the keyboard and roffled. Torres is not a £70m+ striker (except for Man City) with his injury history (played 79 league games in 3 seasons in the Premiership). Sensational goal-scoring record however

I think he is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

Torres is better than Kaka and he would be worth 70 euro. If he has a good world cup City will be the only ones who will be able to afford him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Als76 wrote: »
    Torres is better than Kaka and he would be worth 70 euro. If he has a good world cup City will be the only ones who will be able to afford him.

Supposedly Chelsea have already put a 70 million pound over on the table for him already !

As a Chelsea fan I would be disgusted to see that type of money paid for a player never mind an injury prone player .

40mil for Augero is even crazy but at least he is a young lad and you could maybe see 10 seasons from the fella !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Supposedly Chelsea have already put a 70 million pound over on the table for him already !

As a Chelsea fan I would be disgusted to see that type of money paid for a player never mind an injury prone player .

40mil for Augero is even crazy but at least he is a young lad and you could maybe see 10 seasons from the fella !

Torres, if fit, IMO, could of been the difference in Chelsea winning the double and Chelsea winning the treble this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Als76

I agree prices are crazy and out of control but if Kaka is 65m and Ronaldo 90m then Torres is about 70m.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Káká > Torress, all day every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Seaneh wrote: »
    Káká > Torress, all day every day.

Don't agree with that at all, but then again you famously overrate Milan and their alumni with depressing regularity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

flahavaj wrote: »
    Don't agree with that at all, but then again you famously overrate Milan and their alumni with depressing regularity.

I resemble that remark.

KáKá > Torress either way.

Fit Kaka = peerless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

dont think chelsea really reeealy need to get in a player as highly rated as torres and his 70mill price tag tbh.
    theres plenty of life in the aul Drogs and Anelka yet, and Sturridge doesnt need directions to the back of the net. Kalou has shows signs of improvement (and unreal ability to miss perfect opportunities to score sometimes too)
    give the youth a run out, maybe get in one or two promising young bucks, for me, the top end player to buy would be Augero at 40mill, even that is a serious amount of money to be paying i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I can see why Barca want Fabregas as he is the heir to Xavi's throne. It amazes me everytime Villa is discussed. Clearly he is a fantastic striker but you never hear mad stories about David Silva who for me is an even better player. He not only scores but he is up and down the pitch and always involved in the game, just a phenomenal player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eagle eye wrote: »
    I can see why Barca want Fabregas as he is the heir to Xavi's throne. It amazes me everytime Villa is discussed. Clearly he is a fantastic striker but you never hear mad stories about David Silva who for me is an even better player. He not only scores but he is up and down the pitch and always involved in the game, just a phenomenal player.

Because Barca don't need someone to get up and down the pitch. They need someone to take some of the burden of Messi's shoulders and bang in goals. Pedro's done well this year but Villa would have a field day in that Barca side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Als76 wrote: »
    I agree prices are crazy and out of control but if Kaka is 65m and Ronaldo 90m then Torres is about 70m.

Agreed BUT , as I just said to the lads on the Chelsea forum , Chelsea FC do not have the worldwide appeal to make money out of this deal.

Real have a massive orldwide fan base and have supposedly or are on there way to making money on the Ronaldo transfer from shirt sales and commercial ventures.

For me thats the big difference, If UTD bought him for that money, I could not see it as an issue to them because they again have a huge worldwide fan base.

Silly season has well and truly commenced :

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=787982&sec=transfers&cc=5739

Talking of a deal for £80 Mil now for Torres !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Seaneh wrote: »
    I resemble that remark.

what?:confused::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liam Laurence to Wolves, well it sounds like he wants to go there having handed in a transfer request apparently.

http://www.whydelilah.co.uk/news/24_May_2010/Stoke+winger+Lawrence+linked+to+Wolves+switch.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gabriel Marcotti has said on his twitter that the buzz in Holland is that Sneijder will be on his way back to Madrid. Apparently he stayed in Madrid with Mourinho when the rest of the team went back to Milan after the CL final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Archimedes wrote: »
    Gabriel Marcotti has said on his twitter that the buzz in Holland is that Sneijder will be on his way back to Madrid. Apparently he stayed in Madrid with Mourinho when the rest of the team went back to Milan after the CL final.

That would be hilarious. I love Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Archimedes wrote: »

Why would they do that when they have Kaka? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I say Maicon will go to Madrid and Jose will probably want Ashley Cole as well.

I see Ireland is available @ £12m, good signing for someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

hillariousness of the day has to go to this
    La Gazzetta dello Sport said Fininvest owner, Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, had discussed the sale of a 25-30% stake in the club with Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin during his visit to Italy last month. (Reuters)

Putin and Burlusconi as your clubs owners.... GAS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If Brum get Zigic for 6 mill that's a steal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Newstalk reporting that Steven Reid failed a medical at Celtic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ush1 wrote: »
    If Brum get Zigic for 6 mill that's a steal!

Ya, by Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Warper wrote: »
    I say Maicon will go to Madrid and Jose will probably want Ashley Cole as well.

I see Ireland is available @ £12m, good signing for someone.

That's cheap. Now if his name was Stephen England, his price would be twice that. Look at the money being touted for Milner. And SI>JM imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

FatherTed wrote: »
    That's cheap. Now if his name was Stephen England, his price would be twice that. Look at the money being touted for Milner. And SI>JM imo.
    Supply and demand. City don't want him, Villa want to keep Milner.

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Ya, by Valencia.

With Santander he was back to his best. Just never settled with Valencia. I think he could do very very well in the prem. Reckon he'll have a decent World Cup also.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Ush1 wrote: »
    With Santander he was back to his best. Just never settled with Valencia. I think he could do very very well in the prem. Reckon he'll have a decent World Cup also.

Agree with that. The fella could cause mayhem in SA, and would do well in the Premiership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd have to agree. If Fulham could get 12 million for him, then Phil Jones at Blackburn must be worth 20 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Four year deal for Zigic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I find it hard to believe that clubs are looking at Torres for 70 to 80 million when Villa, arguably a better striker, moved for 34 million.
    I can't see anyone shelling out above 40 million for Torres. It's been a long time since he has looked 100% fit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Lemlin wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that clubs are looking at Torres for 70 to 80 million when Villa, arguably a better striker, moved for 34 million.
    I can't see anyone shelling out above 40 million for Torres. It's been a long time since he has looked 100% fit.

It would be 50+ for torres - mroe than Villa because of Age and Marketability - I would argue that he's a marginally better footballer too - but they are both phenomenal so it's much of a muchness.

mayordenis wrote: »
    It would be 50+ for torres - mroe than Villa because of Age and Marketability - I would argue that he's a marginally better footballer too - but they are both phenomenal so it's much of a muchness.

Villa is guaranteed goals in Spain, Torres was never as prolific, even with the NT. Torres is also more injury prone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Torres won't go to City, so his price is automatically reduced. If he was to go, I'd be shocked if he went for more than 40 million. However he is younger than Villa, so its not the best comparison.

Villa is 29 and its his last move (one assumes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

That_Guy wrote: »

I hope Bolton. Purely because I think he'll get more time there than he would at Newcastle. Were he guaranteed games at both however I'd prefer to see him at Newcastle.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Either would be a good move for him a I think, but I'd also prefer Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

After the way they treated Guisseppi Rossi, Wilshere would definitely be better off at Bolton.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Smegball wrote: »
    After the way they treated Guisseppi Rossi, Wilshere would definitely be better off at Bolton.

The way who treated him exactly? that's a pretty baseless assumption unless of course you know something I don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mayordenis wrote: »
    The way who treated him exactly? that's a pretty baseless assumption unless of course you know something I don't.

never played him at all

they wanted him on loan but what was the point when they never played him

• Advertisement
Advertisement