Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

According to Wiki he played in 11 games. Not great but he was only there August - December.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Headshot wrote: »
    never played him at all

they wanted him on loan but what was the point when they never played him

Management has changed - and Rossi wasn't as good or experienced going to Newcastle - I see no reason to believe it would have anything to do with a decision on where he goes - at that stage in Rossi's career I don't believe he was as good as Wilshere is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Degag wrote: »
    According to Wiki he played in 11 games. Not great but he was only there August - December.

mostly sub appearances

it was a brutal loan deal that utd did, there's talk of clev going there, utd might as well give up on him then

Wilshere should stick with Bolton, good club under a good manager

mostly sub appearances

it was a brutal loan deal that utd did, there's talk of clev going there, utd might as well give up on him then

Newcastle are a good club under a good manager too - also a much bigger club

mostly sub appearances

It's hard to say. The rumours are that Newcastle won't have mega millions to spend this summer. Ad if it could be guaranteed that Cleverley would get first team games in the premiership, i think it would be fantastic for him.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Management has changed - and Rossi wasn't as good or experienced going to Newcastle - I see no reason to believe it would have anything to do with a decision on where he goes - at that stage in Rossi's career I don't believe he was as good as Wilshere is now.

he moved to parma after the newcastle and help them to escape relegation, 9 goals in 19 matches

not bad for a 19-20 year old, he was great player even back then and it was a shame he went to newcastle, utd just couldnt fit him into the team at the time and maybe a good PL run under his belt could be beneficial for his career at utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Rossi left Newcastle and kept Lazio in the Serie A, scoring 9 goals in 19 games. Rossi wasn't played by Newcastle because they bought another striker after they signed him on loan. After that, there was no point in taking a risk on a young striker who you have no incentive to develop. Lazio saw the potential and got a lot out of it.

Wilshere should only join on loan at the end of August, when he can see clearly what the make up of the squad is and what his potential role could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

glenn roeder made a big push to get rossi on loan and then played him 11 times 8 as a sub .they never gave him a fair chance to have an impact.rossi went to Parma on loan for the second half of the season and was the main reason they avoided relegation .scored 9 in 19games and a couple of assists aswel.

I'm aware of his exploits with Parma and yes he's a very good footballer but it's plain stupid to argue that sending players on loan to Newcastle is stupid because of something that happened several years ago with completely different management.

I still think Wilshere is the better player too.

edit - so what if Glenn ****ing Roeder made a big push to sign him and then didn't play him, does Glen Roeder have anything to do with the club anymore? No.

• Advertisement

I think it was kind of silly to send him to Newcastle back then. He was only 18 years old then and unproven and Newcastle were an established Premiership Club. Nothing to say Newcastle couldn't have fit him in, but it would have been better if he went to a smaller club i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I know glenn roeder has nothing to do with newcastle anymore I was answering the question about rossi's time at newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Steven Reid will join West Bromwich Albion on the 1st July when his Blackburn Rovers contract officially ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ibrahim Afellay-PSV- looks impressive against mexico. Would be a good player to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Ibrahim Afellay has appearantly agreed on a 9 mil. Euro move to Hamburg, which should be completed before the end of the week according to german media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Newcastle are a good funny club under a good manager too - also a much bigger club

Fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Steven Fletcher from Burnley to Wolves for 7.5mil plus Iwelumo and Hennessey goin on loans to Burnley?

Has Mick McCarthy gone mad!!!? Surely he could get someone twice the player Fletcher is for 7.5mil?

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6174618/Fletcher-lined-up-for-Wolves-switch

Gillington wrote: »
    Steven Fletcher from Burnley to Wolves for 7.5mil plus Iwelumo and Hennessey goin on loans to Burnley?

Has Mick McCarthy gone mad!!!? Surely he could get someone twice the player Fletcher is for 7.5mil?

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6174618/Fletcher-lined-up-for-Wolves-switch

Burnleys best player and would be a good move for Wolves

but 7.5m is madness

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

but 7.5m is madness

I don't know, i think this could turn into a steal for wolves. Think he's a cracking little player myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Everton are reportedly back in the chase to sign Marseille ace Hatem Ben Arfa, who David Moyes was heavily linked with two years ago.

The Marseille striker has been included in the 30 man provisional France squad and could be on the plane to South Africa for the World Cup next month, and he believes he is more than capable of playing in the Premier League.

"I have demonstrated this season what I can offer at the top level," said Ben Arfa.

"To have a chance to play in England would be wonderful but the sporting project is more interesting to me than any sums of money.

From SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭EI111

but 7.5m is madness
    lordgoat wrote: »
    I don't know, i think this could turn into a steal for wolves. Think he's a cracking little player myself.

Hard to tell, 7.5 does sound like a lot but nice to know i'm not the only one who thought he was way too good to go down with burnley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Fletcher is a good little player. Iwelumo is gash, and with Hanehmann being first choice he probably wants to keep Hennessey with games. 7.5 probably isn't too bad given he's British, and Burnley not needing to sell.

Doyle and Fletcher up front. Sweet.

Wolves probably have a few quid to spend as well as they didn't go ott last season.
    Oh and Ben Arfa would be suepoirb for Everton. But he would cost a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That Fletcher deal was poo-pooed by Jez Moxey when it last came up so I presume Wolves always had a deal on the table and a big one. I doubt Wolves will actually be paying more than about 5.5 million in cash. Plenty said 6.5 mill was too much for Doyle and I think that was shown to be nonsense. Two strikers who will be equally at home grafting or scoring, sounds like what Wolves need to consolidate.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

God I hope Man City dont sign Edin Dzeko. Will be a nightmare for teams againt em.

but 7.5m is madness
    Steven Fletcher is a class act but this move stinks of Doyle on the way out. There have been rumours of Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

eagle eye wrote: »
    . There have been rumours of Arsenal

not a top 4 player imo

OPENROAD wrote: »
    not a top 4 player imo
    He is imo, such a workhorse and such an intelligent player.

He has been criminally underrated by a lot of people but since joining Wolves things have changed. Steve Bull called him a top four player, some highly respected Wolves journo called him the best Wolves player in 30 years and thats after one season, he was their player of the year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭joe123

Dzeko to man city. Great player. Also talk that City are in talks over Higuain and Gago.

Just say they do sign dzeko and higuain thats over kill up front so my bet is santa is on the way out.

Tevez
    Dzeko
    Ade
    Higuain
    Bellamy

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

joe123 wrote: »
    Dzeko to man city. Great player. Also talk that City are in talks over Higuain and Gago.

Just say they do sign dzeko and higuain thats over kill up front so my bet is santa is on the way out.

Tevez
    Dzeko
    Ade
    Higuain
    Bellamy

:(
    Bellamy will leave to I reckon..

I've read where Dzeko's dad says he is going nowhere until he finishes school. So if City sign him it will be with a loan back deal I'd imagine.

I'm not going to believe this Higuain thing until I see him at a press conference.

This is lunacy of the highest order on the part of Perez if it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've read where Dzeko's dad says he is going nowhere until he finishes school. So if City sign him it will be with a loan back deal I'd imagine.

This is 24 year old Edin Dzeko we're talking about right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

He is imo, such a workhorse and such an intelligent player.

He has been criminally underrated by a lot of people but since joining Wolves things have changed. Steve Bull called him a top four player, some highly respected Wolves journo called him the best Wolves player in 30 years and thats after one season, he was their player of the year too.

He is a sensational footballer. The best Ireland have had for a long time.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My bad, for some reason I was thinking about Romelu Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

I've read where Dzeko's dad says he is going nowhere until he finishes school.

At 24?

kermit.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

OPENROAD wrote: »
    not a top 4 player imo

He is capable of offering what Dirk Kuyt offers Liverpool, possibly more tbh, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

He is capable of offering what Dirk Kuyt offers Liverpool, possibly more tbh, imo.

exactly not a top 4 player :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Real Madrid have stated Higeun is not for sale.

City made an enquiry about himself and Gago.

They are literally just looking at top teams and trying to take thier players with absolutely not deep routed insight into how the team will oeprate, shocking.

I expect a pretty big exodus from city, although oddly enough id say many players would be happy sitting there getting a fat paycheck for no work.

Santa Cruz should have joined United when he had the chance ;)

Dzeko going to city is shocking. I would have thought players would have some pride in whose interested in them. Alot of top teams want that guy and hes going to a team with promises, nothing proven : /

Fabregas father has come out this morning and quoted as saying he is pushing for the deal with Barcelona to be concluded before Cesc kicks a ball in Arfica.

Except that to be concluded in two weeks...alot less dramatic then the ronaldo transfer...alot less outrage from my viewing aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Rumours we have opened talks with city for Micah Richards

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Xavi6 wrote: »

Maybe he got held back and to repeat 1st class like 6 times or something

Modric signs a new 6 year deal with spurs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Do these swap deals ever actually happen?

p.s. If I was Chelsea, I'd take it.
    Higuain is 22
    Kaka is 28
    Cole is 29
    Lampard is 31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

PHB wrote: »
    Do these swap deals ever actually happen?

p.s. If I was Chelsea, I'd take it.
    Higuain is 22
    Kaka is 28
    Cole is 29
    Lampard is 31

Head says take it.

Heart says no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Mourinho isnt that mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

They can have Gerrard and Insua for those two :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

23lawli.jpg

Wow! Kerry is getting married again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

23lawli.jpg

Wow! Kerry is getting married again!

I think the Gossip Nonsense in the thread title is solely of the football variety;):D

Anyone think dzeko will move this summer? Milan are favourites to get him at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I don't see him staying at Wolves. I think he'll go to either Man City or possibly Madrid.

Teams seem to be waiting till Tuesday before they make a move for him, he has a €40m release clause in his contract that will expire then and teams think they'll get him cheaper than that. I'd hold out for at least €30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

City to open talks with Valencia for David Silva according to The Guardian.

Nice

City have been linked with so many strikers it's not funny surely you can't buy all of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement