Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer Transfer Rumour Mill and Gossip Nonsense

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

City will be linked with the top players but will have a hard time getting them.
    When do the new squad size rules come into effect and the new spend what you earn limits?

See Arsenal have been linked with Gourcuff in the Sun today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

City have been linked with so many strikers it's not funny surely you can't buy all of them.

Silva isnt a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

chelsea up the yossi bid
    dont know about the guaranteed first team footy bit myself though.

edit:
    according to goal.com. liverpool want 10 million for yossi...ahh no.

anybody know much about Gokhan Inler?
    Chelsea and city are having a look apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I see another stupid agent is mouthing about his player trying to plot a move to England after being a flop at Barcelona, this after they payed inter €65million for Ibrahimovic, well he can either stay in spain or come to england and not go near OT imo

http://www.breakingfootballnews.com/la-liga/zlatan-ibrahimovic-agent-says-barcelona-coach-pep-guardiola-is-mental/2523

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

papagormo wrote: »

Good player would only be backup to Mikel though (I think he is better than Mikel but he won't be higher than him at Chelsea) He is a handy player anyway to fill the gap Essien has left for a while.

For City he should be a star but nobody knows what will happen there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We were linked with him two years ago after Flamini and Gilberto left. He didn't seem to me back then to be good enoguh for Arsenal at the time even though we were in dire need of a midfielder to fill the void elft by the above two so unless he's improved massively I can't see him being up to the standard of Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Everton sign Beckford on a 4 year deal.
    A low risk signing but 4 years? He could do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

JPA wrote: »

:confused: 4 years is a pretty standard contract length.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Spud83 wrote: »
    :confused: 4 years is a pretty standard contract length.

For someone making the jump from League 1 to the Premiership I think 4 years is a bit too long too. Surely a 2 year contract would have been enough incase he turns out to be a flop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

chelsea up the yossi bid
    dont know about the guaranteed first team footy bit myself though.

edit:
    according to goal.com. liverpool want 10 million for yossi...ahh no.

Chelsea lowering their sights somewhat imho (if true caveat applies obviously) Have they not got much to spend this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I wonder if he opted for a lower wage on a longer contract. Even a comparatively low contract at Everton would be astronomic compared to what he would have been on with Leeds. This way he's guaranteed stability for his peak years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Frisbee wrote: »
    For someone making the jump from League 1 to the Premiership I think 4 years is a bit too long too. Surely a 2 year contract would have been enough incase he turns out to be a flop.

I don't think there is any risk on Evertons part. They got him on a free transfer and he wouldn't be on very high money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

greendom wrote: »
    Chelsea lowering their sights somewhat imho (if true caveat applies obviously) Have they not got much to spend this summer?

Benayoun has been a very underrated player IMHO. Liverpool would be mad to let him go for that kind of money. If that's what they gonna do with their few class players we'll be talking bottom half of the table soon enouugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Boskowski wrote: »
    Benayoun has been a very underrated player IMHO. Liverpool would be mad to let him go for that kind of money. If that's what they gonna do with their few class players we'll be talking bottom half of the table soon enouugh.

this year, he did nothing of any significance, not that the rest of the team did much. :pac:

Stevie did more than him, and by all accounts he had a shocker of a season.

i think we got our quality 12-18 months out of him. that's my gut instinct. but then, i wouldn't like to see him sold if we can't use the money to buy someone else. but that's a whole bigger issue not for here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Fabiano to Milan rumor is back with full force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Degag wrote: »
    I don't think there is any risk on Evertons part. They got him on a free transfer and he wouldn't be on very high money.

Depends on who else was in for him. If crazy wages were being offered, then Everton may be overpaying. However, I dont think it's a bad deal.

Het-Field wrote: »
    Depends on who else was in for him. If crazy wages were being offered, then Everton may be overpaying. However, I dont think it's a bad deal.

I would doubt he is on "big money" at Everton anyway. Moyes is too shrewd for that i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

You generally don't see players being signed on two year contracts unless they are at the tail end of their playing days.

Your right he could come in and be ****, but they have paid nothing for him, and they would always be able to find a lower league club willing to take a gamble on him. So you can off load him for little to nothing if needs be. Not a lot of risk in that.

However on a short contract they could be risking him coming in and playing a blinder getting 15-20 league goals, and then risk losing him for next to nothing, or indeed nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Degag wrote: »
    I would doubt he is on "big money" at Everton anyway. Moyes is too shrewd for that i think.

He's on 15k a week which isn't a bad guarenteed income for the next four years for a player who's just taken the step up to the big PL.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Good player would only be backup to Mikel though (I think he is better than Mikel but he won't be higher than him at Chelsea) He is a handy player anyway to fill the gap Essien has left for a while.

For City he should be a star but nobody knows what will happen there.
    Frisbee wrote: »
    We were linked with him two years ago after Flamini and Gilberto left. He didn't seem to me back then to be good enoguh for Arsenal at the time even though we were in dire need of a midfielder to fill the void elft by the above two so unless he's improved massively I can't see him being up to the standard of Chelsea.

so hes basically a defencive midfielder but not a very good one? Mikel is alright at that role, dare i say it..i prefer having Ballack there, hes a better head on his shoulders and can pick out a pass.(assuming Essiens not playing) we were linkined with Marscharno there a few weeks ago, if there was any grain of truth in that story id be happy, hes very versatile.
    greendom wrote: »

I agree, dont particularly see where he would fit into the set up, if he comes and Joe goes hes basically taking Joes place on the bench i think. Hes a daycent enough player but not guaranteed 1st team action with us i feel.

Lukker- wrote: »
    He's on 15k a week which isn't a bad guarenteed income for the next four years for a player who's just taken the step up to the big PL.

Yes but relitively low risk for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Srna's agent is pimping him to Chelsea and spurs apearently.

He already said he wants to play at Chelsea next season and that it's up to Shaktar and Chelsea to agree something. Really don't think Chelsea need him though.

He already said he wants to play at Chelsea next season and that it's up to Shaktar and Chelsea to agree something. Really don't think Chelsea need him though.

You take him and we'll take ivanovic off you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

You take him and we'll take ivanovic off you :)
    How many bloody right backs do Spurs need?

Voltwad wrote: »
    How many bloody right backs do Spurs need?

1 really good one would do charlies good but a bit slow and can turn off walker one for the future and naughton and Hutton will be gone this summer by the looks of it.

1 really good one would do charlies good but a bit slow and can turn off walker one for the future and naughton and Hutton will be gone this summer by the looks of it.
    Seems like you's just signed Naughton to make sure Everton couldn't have him :pac:

You'd still have a CB playing RB though albeit one quite good at it.
    Better to take Bosingwa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm not sure how successful Beckford will be in the Premiership - from what I've seen of him he is at his worst with his back to goal or when he is trying to link play outside the box. But either way, it really is a phenomenal story. Four years ago he was playing non league football past an age where you can still expect massive upward mobility as a footballer and from today he is going to be earning ~750k a year plying his trade for a solid Premiership outfit.

Real heartwarming stuff to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

He scores goals but Leeds created chances at him at will he missed 5 but scored 1. Everton won't create that many chances for him and with better goalkeepers I think he will struggle.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I'm not sure how successful Beckford will be in the Premiership - from what I've seen of him he is at his worst with his back to goal or when he is trying to link play outside the box. But either way, it really is a phenomenal story. Four years ago he was playing non league football past an age where you can still expect massive upward mobility as a footballer and from today he is going to be earning ~750k a year plying his trade for a solid Premiership outfit.

Real heartwarming stuff to be honest.

I don't think the words heartwarming and Beckford have ever been used in such close proximity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

It's the same with Fabian Delph, Sylvian Ebanks-Blake, etc... Players who shone in the lower leagues against poorer opposition, but when asked to step up to the plate in the Premier League, they simply cannot hack it at all.

I realise that Delph and Ebanks-Blake (the only two examples I could think of off the top of my head) got relatively little game time in the Prem this season (did Delph even get a look in???) but that even more proves a point of inability to cut it; if the manager isn't even sure that they could make it in the Prem. The manager wouldn't risk playing them at the top flight... so what does that say.

Beckford... it remains to be seen, tbh. I don't think Everton should overrely on him for goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don't think the words heartwarming and Beckford have ever been used in such close proximity.

lol! I should have settled for "interesting". :)

C'mon now, Delph is 20 years old, still adapting to the league and has impressed in most of his appearances.
    The difference between him and Beckford and Ebanks-Blake is that he has shown he has far more technical ability than both of them. Unfortunately he is fecked until probably January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay hold on to your hats, the biggest offer ever made for a player I think

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/01/manchester-united-prepared-for-record-breaking-95m-real-madrid-bid/
    Sir Alex Ferguson is reportedly prepared for a record breaking bid from Real Madrid for England international Wayne Rooney as Jose Mourinho looks to bring in a new set of Galaticos this summer. The Bernabeu outfit is set to back their new boss with a massive cash injection and the former Inter Milan and Chelsea boss has earmarked the 24 year old striker as his number one target.

Mourinho is hoping that the financial difficulties at Old Trafford would make the club’s owners consider such a massive offer for their prized asset but Ferguson is sure to fight against any potential sale.

Fabio Capello will be looking to Rooney to lead the line at the World Cup later this month and the former Everton man is hoping to continue his rich vein of form that saw him net 34 times in 42 starts. Clearly relations between Man United and Real Madrid have been strained for some time and Sir Alex is not enamoured by the club who has over the years nabbed a plethora of talent from the club most recently last summer when the La Liga giants stumped up £80m for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Despite Manuel Pellegrini spending over £200m last summer the club failed to wrestle the Spanish title from Barcelona and slumped out of the Champions League to Lyon. Mourinho has been brought in to reverse the club’s fall from grace in the past two seasons and the Portuguese manager has been told he will have large sums of money with which to re-invigorate his squad.

mike65 wrote: »
    Okay hold on to your hats, the biggest offer ever made for a player I think

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/06/01/manchester-united-prepared-for-record-breaking-95m-real-madrid-bid/

Was only a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

yep and will probably be for less than Ronaldo's transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

In other news Jelly Van Damme signs for Wolves. Thats 3 ex-Belgian League players in the squad now.

Dzeko staying in Wolfsburg anyway. No one was prepared to cough up the 40m written into the exit clause.

• Advertisement

Boskowski wrote: »
    Dzeko staying in Wolfsburg anyway. No one was prepared to cough up the 40m written into the exit clause.

Was half hoping City would cough up the cash just to see what 40m gets you these days.

Was half hoping City would cough up the cash just to see what 40m gets you these days.

He's pretty good and the type of player he is I could see him suitable for the English game. But he's not a 40 million man.
    Then again that doesn't necessarily mean someone like Real or City isn't going to pay off anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Difference between Rooney to Real and Ronaldo to Real was Ronaldo pushed for it so I think getting 80m was great business. Rooney seems happy at United so they can quite happily say £150m please and he won't throw a hissy fit about not being allowed move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Cristiano will not be happy that Real are willing to pay more for Rooney than they were for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

liverpool chairman hinting torres exit

chelsea have been linked to a 130 million bid

if anything near that sum actually goes through, its completely nuts i think.
    chelsea dont need torres. (consider drogba,anelka,kalou,sturridge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ush1 wrote: »

French is a bit rusty bu is that for 6mil? If so thats a good deal imo

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If Real signed Rooney this summer the Man United Finances thread would go into meltdown.

Although so would every other Man United thread, come to think of it :p

• Advertisement

If Real signed Rooney this summer the Man United Finances thread would go into meltdown.

Although so would every other Man United thread, come to think of it :p
    So would Man United. :pac:

Would love to see this happen as Everton stand to gain a good few million from that!

Advertisement